This updated training course on the safe handling of anhydrous ammonia gives producers the certification, skills and knowledge to properly handle and transport this chemical on their operations.
Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer
The course covers everything farmers need to know about the transport and safe-handling of anhydrous ammonia on the farm. Participants will learn about several topics, including: safe-handling and characteristics of ammonia, first aid procedures in case of emergency, maintenance of nurse tank and applicator unit, connection and disconnection of nurse tank to the applicator and so much more. The course will also cover the Transportation of Dangerous Goods legislation and WHMIS procedures.
The course also includes a brand-new Safety and the Farmer downloadable booklet, which includes the most recent updates to the TDG Regulations in Module 7 (Emergency response and incident reporting) and discusses the three types of reporting:
i) Emergency (Immediate)
ii) Release or Anticipated Release
iii) Follow Up
Successful trainees will receive a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate, signifying they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)). The certificate is valid for three years, and interested participants can register for the course, free of charge!
This course is supported by Fertilizer Canada and is available both online and through in-person training.
Click here to register for the Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer training course.
- CAAR Issued Equivalency Certificate SH 11960 CAAR is pleased to announce that it has received an Equivalency Certificate from Transport Canada which provides certain variances from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) B622 Standard related to pressure testi...
- CAAR Training Spotlight: TDG NH3 CAAR’s training course on the safe handling of anhydrous ammonia provides agri-retailers with the certification, skills and knowledge to properly handle and transport this hazardous chemical on their operations. A...
- Member Alert: CSA Standards B620 and B622 Changes Affecting Nurse Wagons and Transportation Delivery Units (TDU's) On July 12, 2017 the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations were amended by adopting the 2014 versions of the following two standards: CSA Standard B620, “Highway tanks and TC portable tanks for the trans...
- Online Training Course Update CAAR is pleased to announce the launch of the newly revised online Nurse Tank Safety Program Training. The online course is now delivered in a more user friendly and efficient platform. This course informs trainee...
- Member Alert: CAAR NTSP Quality Control Manual Update CAAR has recently updated the Anhydrous Ammonia Nurse Tank Quality Control Manual, provided to trainees as part of the Nurse Tank Safety Program (NTSP), to Revision 6.0. Notifications were sent out via email to al...