CAAR is pleased to announce that it has completed updates to the Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course.
Based on user feedback, CAAR undertook updates to its’ popular Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course. In an effort to ensure inclusivity and to improve user experience, CAAR has added audio to the online course. Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
CAAR Members Save on Registration
CAAR is committed to member value and provides this training to its members at a discounted rate of $95.00.