How to Support the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments
With a growing numbers of initiatives where CAAR’s participation is needed, we are asking for your help as we continue to represent agri-retailers on these critical national issues. The CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction is CAAR’s only fundraiser and generates critical revenue that not only helps CAAR keep your membership fees low, but also supports the association’s advocacy efforts.
Currently there are three ways that you can support the initiatives funded by CAAR Pro-Ag Investments:
Donate to the Auction: The CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction is hosted annually at the CAAR Conference. Donate a prize (anything from crop inputs to flat screen tvs to fishing trips) and join us at the event to bid on prizes!
Donations to the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction will contribute to your sponsorship level at the CAAR Conference at a rate of 50% of SRP.
Bid and Buy at the Auction: No auction is complete without its’ buyers. Attend the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction and know that every dollar you spend goes directly to the association.
Direct Donations: We are always grateful for your donations, and we’ll do our best to ensure everyone knows about your generous support!
Listed in alphabetical order by donors
Two Custom Hiring & Social Recruitment Packages
Donated by AgCareers.com
15MT of 28% UAN
Donated by Agrico Canada
10 Bags of AGTIV® PULSES • Granular (18.2 kg bags)
Donated by AGTIV - Premier Tech
Two Jugs of Everest® 2.0 Herbicide, Evito® 480 EC Fungicide and Rancon® Pinnacle Seed Treatment
Donated by Arysta LifeScience Canada
Eight Jugs of Prosaro® XTR
Donated by Bayer CropScience Inc.
Four Cases of Recover™ PO4
Donated by BrettYoung
One Day Facility Inspection
Donated by EMW Industrial
$500 Co-op Gift Card
Donated by Federated Co-op Limited
One Case of Authority Charge®, One Case of Command® & One Case of Travallas™
Donated by FMC
Full Page Ad in Country Guide West & Junior Page Ad Within Grainews
Donated by Glacier FarmMedia Syndication
20 MT of Super Sulphate & 20 MT of Granular Sulphate
Donated by IRM / Sherritt International
10 MT of Fertilizer
Donated by J.R. Simplot Agribusiness
10 MT of 15-0-0-20
Donated by Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC
Set of Callaway XR golf clubs
Donated by: Meridian Manufacturing Inc.
One Case of TagTeam® Pea/Lentil Peat, Two Cases of JumpStart® WP, One Case of Optimize® ST
Donated by Monsanto BioAg
One 450 litre Shuttle of Roundup WeatherMAX® Herbicide
Donated by Monsanto Canada
Burndown Product (One Case of Fierce® and One Case of Valtera™)
Donated by NuFarm
FlowServe Chemical Transfer Pump
Donated by Pattison’s Liquid Systems Inc.
Perfection Lawn Seed (12 x 25 kg bags)
Donated by Pickseed Canada Inc.
30 MT Red Granular Potash
Donated by PotashCorp
$1,000 SeCan Certified Seed Voucher
Donated by SeCan Association
Team Canada Olympic Package
Donated by TerraLink
Two $5,000 Western Producer Advertising Vouchers
Donated by The Western Producer
Our broad range of fee-for-service programs, like advertising sales, conference and training fees, and residual programs, are key revenue streams that help keep your membership dollars to less than 25% of CAAR’s cost of doing business.
Did you know that your membership dues currently account for less than 25% of CAAR’s operating budget? Every year, CAAR strives to make your membership dollar stretch further by raising more than 75% of the remaining funds we need to offer our services.
The CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction contributes upwards of 10% of our annual revenue budget, and is the only non-dues revenue stream that supports advocacy and program development, making it a critical fundraiser for CAAR.
Support CAAR. Support Your Industry.
CAAR Pro-Ag Investments is a diverse range of initiatives that center on enhancing and strengthening the Canadian agriculture industry. Donations towards CAAR Pro-Ag Investments go directly to important causes such as: agricultural scholarships, industry initiatives, CAAR’s advocacy efforts and program development, among others.
Last year was a successful year for the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction, raising nearly $85,000 to support the many initiatives where CAAR needed funding, including:
- CAAR's participation in more than 30 industry events, regulatory consultations and committee meetings;
- Scholarships of $1,000 awarded to students at the University of Manitoba and Olds College in Alberta;
- Successful lobbying on national issues such as the Ammonia Code of Practice, as well as provincial/regional issues such as the Manitoba Nutrient Restrictions;
- Ongoing lobbying initiatives such as changes to anhydrous ammonia tank testing frequency in CSA B620-14 and B622-14 Standards, and proposed changes to Environmental Emergency Regulations;
- Research initiatives, such as the impact of increased ammonia tank testing frequency, to support CAAR’s lobbying positions;
- Upgrades to CAAR’s TDG certification courses;
- Upgrades to the caar.org website and online CAAR Mart system;
- Supplemental support to Operation Ag Careers through the initial development phase and while CAAR builds partner support;
- Building awareness of industry initiatives such as Keep It Clean, 4R Nutrient Stewardship, and the numerous industry initiatives CAAR is tracking or actively participating in.