- CAAR and CAHRC: Working Together to Bring Job Seekers to Agriculture
- What is Operation Ag Careers?
- What is Retail.AgriJobMatch.ca?
- Military Job Seekers – Apply Today
- How to Support Operation Ag Careers
- CAAR Members - Get Involved!
- CAAR Pro-Ag Investments
CAAR and CAHRC: Working Together to Bring Job Seekers to Agriculture
CAAR, in partnership with CAHRC is proud to present retail.agrijobmatch.ca – a new customized job board specializing in agriculture jobs and candidate matching.Back to top
What is Operation Ag Careers?
Simply put, Operation Ag Careers is an outreach initiative aimed at helping pair retiring military personnel with the phenomenal career opportunities available in agriculture. By sharing the positive outlook for not just agriculture, but the agri-retail industry specifically, it is CAAR’s goal to help bridge the gap between a talented, experienced, and highly skilled segment of job seekers who are likely unaware of the possibilities for a meaningful second career in agriculture.
Operation Ag Careers is a long term initiative. To date, CAAR representatives are proud to have presented at multiple Second Career Assistance Network (SCAN) seminars, a valuable resource for military personnel approaching retirement, as well as to have exhibited at a career expo aimed at military individuals. We also partnered with Agriculture in the Classroom to host military guests at the Amazing Ag Adventures event. The response from those in attendance has been enthusiastic and CAAR is looking for new ways to connect to this audience and introduce them to the world of agriculture.
Operation Ag Careers helps retiring Canadian Armed Forces personnel find a second career in the agriculture industry, and brings a valuable solution to the recruitment challenges that our industry faces.
“There’s a need on both sides – retired or medically discharged veterans looking for meaningful second careers, and agriculture with a vast need for new hires,” says Delaney Ross Burtnack, CAAR President and CEO. “The problem isn’t a lack of opportunity, it’s a lack of understanding on both sides, and that’s where Operation Ag Careers comes in. We are looking to bridge the gap and bring both sides together.”
What is Retail.AgriJobMatch.ca?
AgriJobMatch is a nationally aggregated job board developed by the Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council (CAHRC) as part of the National Agricultural Occupational Framework (NAOF) initiative. This robust job board sweeps hundreds of thousands of jobs posted online, and pulls the tens of thousands of agriculture jobs within that pool into one location, making it the most comprehensive agricultural job board available.
In addition, the AgriJobMatch system features a skill matching tool, where any candidate – including veterans – can enter their skills and competencies into their profile and be matched to career options they may not have considered.
CAAR has launched a customized version of the AgriJobMatch employment site - Retail.AgriJobMatch.ca - in support of CAAR’s Operation Ag Careers outreach initiative. Developed in partnership with CAHRC and with input from the Canadian Armed Forces, this robust platform is a new and valuable tool to help connect job seekers with employers in agriculture. Retail.AgriJobMatch.ca is one of four custom pilot projects under the NAOF parent program, and will feature a unique focus on off-farm employment, primarily in the agri-retail sector.
To learn more about the NAOF parent program that is administered by CAHRC, please visit http://www.cahrc-ccrha.ca/skills-training/national-agricultural-occupational-framework-labour-market-support.Back to top
Military Job Seekers – Apply Today
CAAR is proud to lead the way in introducing the phenomenal career opportunities available in agriculture, and agri-retail specifically, to Canada’s veterans. Agriculture is a business and a science, which means plenty of career opportunities for Canada’s veterans:
- Supply Chain Management
- HR Management
- Communications / Marketing
- Technology Knowledge / Application
- Department / Facility Management
- Crop Production Management
- And More!
With 50,000 new jobs in ag expected to be created in the next five years, we encourage you to find your second career in the agriculture industry through Operation Ag Careers!
Click here to begin the search for your next great career on CAAR’s Agriculture Job BoardBack to top
CAAR Members - Get Involved!
CAAR members will find a valuable staffing resource in the Retail.AgriJobMatch.ca database. Specialized features have been developed to make finding qualified candidates fast and efficient, including:
- An “invitation” feature that allows job posters to suggest their position to desired job seekers
- “Skillmatching” technology to connect job seekers to applicable positions
- Customizable job description section for a variety of agri-retail positions, with ongoing development of pre-populated templates during the pilot project phase
The Retail.AgriJobMatch.ca site is safe, searchable, scalable, and thanks to the involvement of CAHRC, offers access to significant agriculture-specific HR expertise.
Click here to connect with job seekers on CAAR’s Agriculture Job BoardBack to top
Donate a product or item to the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
- Attend and bid on an item at the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
- Make a direct donation to Operation Ag Careers
- Become a Sponsor
We have achieved nearly 50% of our goal thanks to our Founding Partners Richardson International, Federated Co-Operatives Ltd., and Parrish & Heimbecker.
Back to top
To support Operation Ag Careers and other important CAAR projects through a donation to CAAR Pro-Ag Investments, please click on the link below.Back to top
- Operation Ag Careers Job Board: Pilot Phase Launch CAAR is pleased to announce the launch of the pilot phase of Retail.AgrijobMatch.ca, the job board component of the Operation Ag Careers outreach initiative. CAAR members are invited to make use of this new staffi...
- CAAR Conference: Operation Ag Careers Launch Attendees of the CAAR Conference were witness to an important presentation this morning, one that marks a milestone for the association and for employers in the agri-retail sector. The Operation Ag Careers program...
- The Value of Operation Ag Careers Founding partners share why they support CAAR’s forthcoming program Operation Ag Careers, CAAR’s innovative program aimed at matching exiting military personnel with fulfilling long-term careers in the agri-reta...
- Operation Ag Careers in the News Here's the latest news coverage of CAAR's forthcoming Operation Ag Careers program from around the web. New coverage for Operation Ag Careers in the Manitoba Co-operator Read more on the Manitoba Co-operator CAA...
- Member Support is Crucial to Operation Ag Careers Success Operation Ag Careers – CAAR’s innovative program that will match exiting military personnel with fulfilling jobs in the ag sector – addresses a critical staffing problem identified by CAAR members. “I face challen...