I am a collaborative person by nature, so it goes without saying that I am thrilled to see this issue of The Communicator profile a series of partnerships that have found strength through collaboration. I’m inspired by the effort it takes to come together to identify and accomplish a common goal.
Whether that goal is building a new terminal, creating a robust network for sharing agronomic data or shining a light on the opportunity to strengthen ties in your community though cause marketing – each of these acts are strengthened through collaborative effort.
The same can be said for the CAAR office, where our team works collaboratively year-round to ensure our members are provided with consistent and reliable service. CAAR’s membership is no different – members coming together and sharing their thoughts and ideas has always been what drives the association forward.
Over the course of the summer months, CAAR’s membership value team has reached out to many CAAR members. Led by our committee chair, Stan Loewen, the value team sought to better understand the value members see in their association, and what they wish to see it accomplish in the future.
The association is made stronger by identifying what CAAR is doing well, what can be improved and where new services can be introduced. I’d like to thank each and every person who made time in their busy schedules to share their thoughts – your feedback is essential to CAAR’s continued success. If you haven’t had a chance to share your feedback, I’d like to invite you to contact myself or Stan using the contact information provided below.
Director of Member Services
Membership Value Committee Chair
We are excited to learn from you and look forward to continuing to collaborate with you to build a stronger association for all CAAR members.
Do you know someone who would benefit from CAAR membership? Click here to learn more about CAAR’s Refer a Retailer contest!
- The September Communicator: Online and in Your Mailbox The latest issue of The Communicator is here! In the September issue of the magazine, we follow the construction of two new terminals from start to finish, the importance of grain bin safety training, how collabor...
- The Cause and Effect of Cause Marketing Two industry experts weigh in on their experiences with cause marketing and how it can benefit agri-retailers. Two industry experts weigh in on their experiences with cause marketing and how it can benefit agri-re...
- CAAR Alumnus Inducted into Ag Hall of Fame Robynne Anderson, former publisher of The Communicator, is being inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame in 2017. Robynne Anderson, president of Emerging Ag Inc., and one of the three 2017 inductees i...
- The Anatomy of a Terminal Build Two new terminals from Federated Co-operatives Ltd. are leading the way in efficiency and design. Federated Co-operatives Ltd. (FCL) has finished building two state-of-the-art fertilizer terminals in Hanley, Sask....
- The Power of Collaboration Two companies put competition aside to team up and further benefit their customers. When agri-retailers look beyond competition and come together to benefit producers, incredible things can happen. Earlier this ye...