Tuesday, Feb. 13 | 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Once again, the CAAR Conference coincides with Canada’s Agriculture Day, created last year by Agriculture More Than Ever to highlight the ag industry and strengthen connections between consumers and the food production chain. Join us at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception to kick off the conference and raise a glass to celebrate agriculture in Canada – and we have a lot to celebrate!
- Agriculture employs more than 2 million Canadians; 1 in 8 Canadian jobs are in agriculture or agri-food;
- Agriculture contributes over $100 billion to Canada’s GDP annually;
- Canada is the fifth-largest ag exporter in the world and ranks first in global food safety.
Join the Thunderclap
Show your love for Canadian ag on social media! We’re stronger when we speak together, and supporting Canada’s Ag Day through the “Thunderclap” helps us do exactly that.
By signing up for the Thunderclap, a pre-written message from Agriculture More Than Ever will be shared from your chosen social media account at 8:30 am CST on February 13. Sharing the message in unison will make a big impact, and once you sign up, it’s effortless on your part! Sign up for the Thunderclap and learn more about Canada’s Agriculture Day at agriculturemorethanever.ca/cdn-ag-day.
Keep the conversation going using the hashtag #CdnAgDay throughout the day in your social media posts to celebrate our industry.
Get Social At the 2018 CAAR Conference!
Five reasons to be social on social media at the CAAR Conference:
- Get a head start! Use and follow the #CAARcon hashtag to introduce yourself, share what you are looking forward to and be a part of the pre-conference conversation.
- Connect faster! Find people with common interests and views, helping you break the ice with new contacts at conference events and on the tradeshow floor.
- Share your experience! Tell your colleagues and customers that you are attending the CAAR Conference. Your participation at industry events lets others know that you care about your industry and your business.
- Get the most out of your conference experience! Take and share notes and pictures of the things that pique your interest. Chances are, someone else will find them interesting, too.
- Stay in touch! You’ve made new connections - now keep them! Social media is a great way to grow your network, promote your business and develop peer relationships. (And have fun!)
Be sure to use the official conference hashtag #CAARcon to be a part of the conversation.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARCon
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2018
Conference Wi-Fi Sponsored by Hi Tech Installations
- CAAR’s 2018 Year in Preview Developing a comprehensive strategy for the future of CAAR. With a new year comes new opportunities for CAAR to better serve its membership, craft solutions to industry challenges and reach new stakeholders across t...
- Achieve 4R Designation at the CAAR Conference This pre-conference session is a unique opportunity for CCAs and agronomists to become designated in the company of their peers. This pre-conference session is a unique opportunity for CCAs and agronomists to beco...
- CAAR Introduces Mitch Rezansoff as Executive Director Mitch Rezansoff has a love for agriculture, a strong personal drive and an innovative spirit. Having spent significant early life on his family’s farm in the Swan River Valley, Man., Mitch Rezansoff began developing...
- CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction It wouldn’t be the CAAR Conference without CAAR’s Pro-Ag Investments Auction! Always a conference highlight, this annual event supports programming and advocacy, while helping to keep membership fees low. Wednesda...
- The 2018 CAAR Conference Conference attendees have the invaluable opportunity to tap into the minds of their customers at the Understanding Farmers’ Needs and Expectations panel discussion. Farmer Panel Discussion: Understanding Farmers’ ...