Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification training sponsored by CF Industries
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- CAAR Updates Anhydrous Ammonia Training Modules CAAR is pleased to introduce two revised training courses for anhydrous ammonia safety to its training library. CAAR has completed significant material updates to its Anhydrous Ammonia safety related courses, incl...
- Nurse Tank Placard Deadline is June 1, 2017 CAAR has been advised that Transport Canada inspectors are actively inspecting nurse tanks in preparation for the pending change to placard requirements for nurse tanks beginning June 1, 2017. Inspectors have been...
- Order Your Nurse Tank Placards Before June 1, 2017 Beginning June 1, 2017, nurse tanks will require placards identifying that it is carrying ammonia (UN 1005) on all four sides in a way that complies with Part 4 (Dangerous Goods Safety Marks) of the Transportation of...
- CASL Legal Changes Come Into Effect July 1 The final two stages of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) will come into effect on July 1, 2017. This will end the transitional period of July 1, 2014 to July 1, 2017 and introduces the private right of action. ...
- New Rules for Nurse Tank Placards Come into Force June 1, 2017 The two Equivalency Certificates SH 10006 - Ren 5 and SH6171 - Ren 9, which allow placards on only the two long sides of a nurse tank, will expire on May 31, 2017. Beginning June 1, 2017, nurse tanks will require ...