TDG Fundamentals: Retailer TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed confirming that they are qualified to handle, offer for transport and transport goods under Classes 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3, 5.1, 6.1 8 and 9.
This course has been developed on behalf of CAAR to include only TDG classes found in an agri-retail facility, and assist trainees who consign chemicals for agricultural use, to understand and follow the requirements of the TDG legislation as these products are handled, consigned (offer for transport) and transported. The training program content is based on the requirements of the TDG Regulation (Clear Language) and is current to include amendment 6, released in February, 2008.
- classification, nature and characteristics of dangerous goods,
- shipping names,
- the use of Schedules 1, 2 and 3,
- the shipping document,
- dangerous goods safety marks,
- certification safety marks requirements,
- safety requirements and standards for Means of Containment,
- emergency response assistance plan requirements,
- accidental release reporting requirements,
- safe handling and transportation practices for dangerous goods including the characteristics of dangerous goods
This course is offered through online training only.