ESSENTIAL NEWS FOR AGRI-RETAILERS
Learn how the top employers support the ever-evolving needs of their employees through their changing career phases.
Wanting to do their part in reducing global GHG emissions, Canadian farmers still can’t catch a break from federal tax fees. But what’s going on around the world?
With 2024 upon us, the agriculture trade show and seminar season is now in full swing.
As more Canadian farmers are accepting of new technologies over ye olde tried and true, look at some ways more AgTech can improve the sector’s lot.
Canadian National has agreed to purchase the agricultural Iowa Northern Railway.
A well-thought-out brand marketing campaign will help you grow and promote your brand.
Using just-in-time technology to thwart the spread of pathogenic disease in ag.
With science changing along with the seasons, we look at the world of seed technology, offering a forecast.
There are many benefits to a pre-harvest spray application and according to Danielle Eastman, Brand Manager, Western Herbicides and Clearfield at BASF Canada, there are two main reasons why it is important to apply a herbicide pre-harvest.
Transport Canada (TC) requires that, per Standard CSA B620, every facility registered to conduct anhydrous ammonia highway tank and TC portable tank testing and inspection must renew their facility certification every five years. If your facility registration with TC is invalid, you are not legally authorized to inspect and test your NH3 tanks. Please note that Safety Officer certification through CAAR’s Nurse Tank Safety Program (NTSP) does not automatically register your facility. You must register your facility directly with Transport Canada. The database of registered facilities is available at www.apps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/3/fdr-rici/highway/tanks, and a sample facility registration form is available on the CAAR website at caar.org/services/regulatory/.
The IYS 2015 aims to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of soil for food security and some of its specific objectives are as follows:
- Raise awareness among society and decision makers about the profound importance of soil for human life;
- Educate the public about the crucial role soil plays in food security, climate change adaptation and mitigation, essential ecosystem services, poverty alleviation and sustainable development;
- Support effective policies and actions for the sustainable management and protection of soil resources;
- Promote investment in sustainable soil management activities to develop and maintain healthy soils for different land users and population groups;
- Advocate for rapid capacity enhancement for soil information collection and monitoring at all levels (global, regional and national).