CAAR invites its Manitoba members to join Fertilizer Canada and Double Diamond Farm Supply to see the 4R principles in action and learn about integrating 4R into the Manitoba environment at the 4R Manitoba Summer Field Tour on Tuesday, July 30. Read more for tour details and how to RSVP.
Date: Tuesday, July 30th 9 am – 12 pm.
Location: Canada-Manitoba Crop Diversification Centre
Box 160, NE, Corner of Hwy #1 & #5,
Carberry, MB, R0K 0H0
Lunch and transportation Provided.
- Soil Health in a Changing Climate, investigating the soil health trade-offs between tillage systems and rotations with a shifting climate.
- Weather + hydrology + fertilization connected to water quality
- 4R Nutrient Management involving P
- Evaluating N rates on wheat varieties with the objective of understanding N needs on today's wheat genetics
Click here for more 4R Summer Field Tours.
- COVID-19 Restrictions Force a Format Change for Ag in Motion Ag in Motion, Western Canada’s Outdoor Farm Expo, is moving to an online format for 2020. The new format, “Ag in Motion Discovery Plus,” will give visitors access to all the latest in farm equipment and innovations, ...
- Celebrate National Soil Conservation Week National Soil Conservation Week starts on Sunday, April 19. This event, led by the Soil Conservation Council of Canada, is the perfect opportunity for everyone in the industry to celebrate soil and reflect on one of ...
- The Fertilizers of the Future CAAR’s executive director Mitch Rezansoff recently attended three days of meetings in Ottawa on the future of fertilizer. The CFIA’s Fertilizer Workshop, Fertilizer Canada’s Fertilizer Products Forum and The Fertiliz...
- Blackleg Battle Continues into 2020 Which canola diseases are on your team’s radar for the 2020 growing season? Chances are, blackleg is on that list. Found in 75% of canola fields across Canada, blackleg is a serious yield-robbing disease with market ...
- No Variance Issued for Nutrient Application Ban Manitoba retailers and producers are advised that the Nutrient Application Ban will be implemented as scheduled, and there will be no provincial variance issued. Nutrients cannot be applied on or after November 10, ...