The 2019 Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey is now available! CAAR encourages all members and non-members to take the survey, conducted by the University of Guelph, to help develop credible metrics on the state of development and adoption of precision agriculture techniques among Canadian ag retailers. Read more for the link to take the survey and to learn more about its purpose.
Click here to take the survey. Estimated time is about 15 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
The purpose of the survey is to take a clear snapshot of the state of precision agriculture services among Canadian ag retailers. CAAR provided input and review into the survey's creation and is helping to facilitate its execution.
CAAR’s participation in this initiative is a demonstration of how the breadth of CAAR’s membership and the association’s strong relationships with industry partners puts the association in a unique position to gather and share aggregated data.
The survey results will have multi-fold purposes and provide value to numerous stakeholders including CAAR as an association, its members, farmer customers and academics.
This information will serve to:
- provide CAAR members with valuable benchmarking tools;
- guide CAAR’s future activities on behalf of members regarding precision agriculture;
- provide academics with a reference to guide future research and study;
- help farm customers better understand capabilities of ag retailers.
All CAAR members should soon have an email invitation from the University of Guelph to submit your feedback. CAAR has signed an NDA with the University of Guelph, and all identifying information will be kept strictly confidential.
This survey is new to Western Canada but not a new concept. Purdue University and CropLife America have partnered on a survey of the adoption of precision agriculture among American ag retailers since 1981. Two years ago, the University of Guelph and the Ontario Agri-Business Association undertook a similar survey for Ontario retailers. (Another iteration of the Ontario survey will be released later this year.)
The U of G, Purdue and CAAR recognize that it is time to start gathering the same level of information about agriculture techniques here in Western Canada.
CAAR members have been identified as one of three key target groups, which include:
- CAAR members, suppliers and partners;
- Western Canadian CCAs;
- Canadian equipment dealers.
CAAR urges all members to participate, and to encourage peers within the industry to do the same. Developing credible metrics on industry trends and directions will be a huge asset to the industry. The survey will be open throughout the month of August and CAAR will distribute results of the survey to members after it closes.
- AgTech: It’s Here. Get Used To It. Agricultural technology shapes the way our farmers go about their business—and you need to be up on current and future trends to serve your customers. Learn about some of the newer technologies being offered within o...
- CAAR Communicator: The Power of Technology New study shows how advanced technology farming can provide environmental and financial benefits. Despite being the world’s oldest profession—all jokes aside—farming has come a long way since mankind stopped forag...
- Have you taken the 2019 Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey? Have you taken the survey? CAAR is encouraging all members and non-members to take the 2019 Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey, conducted by the University of Guelph, to help develop credible metrics on...
- Stay Tuned for the 2019 Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey CAAR members can help develop credible metrics on the state of development and adoption of precision agriculture techniques among Western Canadian Ag Retailers by taking 15 minutes to fill out the "2019 Precision Agr...
- Deere Acquires Monosem Deere & Company has completed acquisition of Monosem, a European market leader of precision planters. The deal is expected to accelerate John Deere's market reach in precision planting equipment, and brings ne...