As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring your voice is heard. Keep reading to see some of the groups and committees CAAR is participating in on members’ behalf.
To ensure that its membership continues to have a strong voice in the industry, CAAR is currently participating in the following committees and working groups:
- 4R Manitoba MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) Committee
- 4R Saskatchewan MOU Advisory Group
- Fertilizer Safety & Security Committee
- Ammonia Working Group
- Nutrients Communications Working Group
- CSA B620 Technical Committee
- Canadian Grains Council Domestic MRL Policy Committee (see below)
Reminder: CAAR Members Invited to Comment on Draft MRL Policy
CAAR members are encouraged to submit comments to the Canada Grains Council (CGC) regarding the Market Acceptance of Pesticide Use Policy before August 31, 2019.
Canada’s grain value chain has developed a framework to proactively evaluate the MRL-related trade risk of chemistry/crop use patterns, as well as to develop a consistent approach across all commodity value chains in assessing and making recommendations on the use of various pesticides given potential foreign regulatory import hurdles.
The goal of the framework is to strike a balance between enabling the commercialization of innovative and new chemistry/crop use pattern products and ensuring that Canadian exports are not exposed to unacceptable trade risk.
- Saskatchewan Ammonia Dealers: 2020 SGI Permit Now Available Online Saskatchewan members – CAAR has once again successfully renewed the SGI Letter of Approval to Anhydrous Ammonia or Fertilizer Distributors, expiring Dec. 31, 2020. This letter is available for Saskatchewan CAAR me...
- CAAR Issued Equivalency Certificate SH 11960.2 CAAR is pleased to announce that it has received an Equivalency Certificate from Transport Canada which provides certain variances from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) B622 Standard related to pressure testi...
- National Agriculture Leaders’ Debate With the federal election right around the corner, do you know where party candidates stand on the big issues facing agriculture today? Watch the National Agriculture Leaders’ Debate, hosted by the CFA, on Tuesday, S...
- Last Week to Comment on Draft MRL Policy If your company or organization hasn’t yet submitted comments to the Canada Grains Council (CGC) on the draft Market Acceptance of Pesticide Use Policy, this is the last week to do so. The CGC is consulting stakehold...
- Reminder: Updated E2 Regulations Now in Force CAAR is reminding retailers that the Environmental Emergency Regulations, 2019 have come into effect as of Saturday, August 24, 2019. Please continue reading for important information. If you haven’t yet had the o...