As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring your voice is heard. Keep reading to see some of the groups and committees CAAR is participating in on members’ behalf.
To ensure that its membership continues to have a strong voice in the industry, CAAR is currently participating in the following committees and working groups:
- 4R Manitoba MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) Committee
- 4R Saskatchewan MOU Advisory Group
- Fertilizer Safety & Security Committee
- Ammonia Working Group
- Nutrients Communications Working Group
- CSA B620 Technical Committee
- Canadian Grains Council Domestic MRL Policy Committee (see below)
Reminder: CAAR Members Invited to Comment on Draft MRL Policy
CAAR members are encouraged to submit comments to the Canada Grains Council (CGC) regarding the Market Acceptance of Pesticide Use Policy before August 31, 2019.
Canada’s grain value chain has developed a framework to proactively evaluate the MRL-related trade risk of chemistry/crop use patterns, as well as to develop a consistent approach across all commodity value chains in assessing and making recommendations on the use of various pesticides given potential foreign regulatory import hurdles.
The goal of the framework is to strike a balance between enabling the commercialization of innovative and new chemistry/crop use pattern products and ensuring that Canadian exports are not exposed to unacceptable trade risk.
- CAAR News CAAR is commited to: Unite, Educate & Advocate Thank you for renewing your CAAR Membership! CAAR is newly committed to the following pillars: Unite CAAR is the only national association that exclusively rep...
- CFIA modernizing food compositional standards The CFIA has announced its intention to modernize food compositional standards. CAAR is seeking member feedback. CIFA believes this will provide more opportunities for industry to respond to consumer preferences b...
- PSAC Strike Impacts TDG Services Transport Canada has advised CAAR that there could be possible delays in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Program Services. Transport Canada advises the strike could cause delays in some of Transportation o...
- PSAC strike will impact agriculture industry Jill Verwey, president of Keystone Agricultural Producers, says PSAC strike will have a significant impact on agriculture industry. More than 155,000 federal workers walked off the job Wednesday morning (April 19,...
- Recovery rates for containers 23L and smaller is 77% Canadian farmers brought more than 2M empty plastic pesticide and fertilizer containers 23L and smaller to Cleanfarms collection sites. On Saturday, April 22, 2023, Canadians and the world celebrated Earth Day. A...