As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring your voice is heard. Keep reading to see some of the groups and committees CAAR is participating in on members’ behalf.
To ensure that its membership continues to have a strong voice in the industry, CAAR is currently participating in the following committees and working groups:
- 4R Manitoba MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) Committee
- 4R Saskatchewan MOU Advisory Group
- Fertilizer Safety & Security Committee
- Ammonia Working Group
- Nutrients Communications Working Group
- CSA B620 Technical Committee
- Canadian Grains Council Domestic MRL Policy Committee (see below)
Reminder: CAAR Members Invited to Comment on Draft MRL Policy
CAAR members are encouraged to submit comments to the Canada Grains Council (CGC) regarding the Market Acceptance of Pesticide Use Policy before August 31, 2019.
Canada’s grain value chain has developed a framework to proactively evaluate the MRL-related trade risk of chemistry/crop use patterns, as well as to develop a consistent approach across all commodity value chains in assessing and making recommendations on the use of various pesticides given potential foreign regulatory import hurdles.
The goal of the framework is to strike a balance between enabling the commercialization of innovative and new chemistry/crop use pattern products and ensuring that Canadian exports are not exposed to unacceptable trade risk.
- Erin Gowriluk to lead Canada Grains Council Bad news for Grain Growers of Canada (GGC) is good news for Canada Grains Council. After five years with GGC, Grain Growers of Canada Erin Gowriluk has departed the organization and is now the new president of the...
- PSAC strike will impact agriculture industry Jill Verwey, president of Keystone Agricultural Producers, says PSAC strike will have a significant impact on agriculture industry. More than 155,000 federal workers walked off the job Wednesday morning (April 19,...
- Saskatchewan Ammonia Dealers: 2023 SGI Permit Now Available Saskatchewan members – CAAR has once again successfully renewed the SGI Letter of Approval to Anhydrous Ammonia or Fertilizer Distributors, expiring Dec. 31, 2023. This letter is available for Saskatchewan CAAR me...
- Seeding and/or Planting Times Survey for 2023 Attention all retailers! Complete the planting survey. Please let us know when seeding and/or planting will occur this spring. Follow the link below to fill out a quick survey. Results will be published in the ne...
- Share your Seeding and/or Planting Times for 2023 Attention all retailers! There is still time to complete the seeding/planting survey. Please let us know when seeding and/or planting will occur this spring. Follow the link below to fill out a quick survey. Resu...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.