Women in all areas of ag can make meaningful new connections, grow their skills and share their passion for the industry at the 2019 Advancing Women in Ag Conference.
The annual event, split into a “west” conference in the spring and an “east” event in the fall, attracts thousands of women from across Canada and parts of the U.S. This year’s eastern conference will be held October 27-29 in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
There will be plenty to take in at the event – from small-group workshops to leading edge speakers covering a wide range of relevant, timely topics such as mental health, finding your voice as an advocate and consumer trends in ag.
Women are welcome to attend alone or as part of a group and will have ample networking opportunities throughout the conference.
“I networked with women I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet otherwise, and I left this conference with a confidence and excitement I didn’t have previously.” – Jaclyn E., Willingdon, Alberta (Source: advancingwomenconference.ca)
Students Can Attend for Free
Do you know a female student who is studying ag or planning to enter the ag industry after graduation?
This is a tremendous opportunity for agriculture’s next generation to learn leadership skills, build a network, find a mentor or even land a job – organizers say that many students find employment after attending the conferences. Attendees can expect to come away from the event inspired and excited about their career path.
“Very interesting, uplifting and motivating conference that is amazing for young women who often question their decision to enter this industry. This conference smashed all doubts.” – Melissa D., Olds, Alberta (Source: advancingwomenconference.ca)
Students save 50% off the full registration fee; however, sponsors are lined up for over 30 students to attend the conference in Niagara Falls for free! Students from agricultural degree programs across Canada will be matched with companies looking to invest in future leaders, and the deadline for applications is September 10.
Find Out More
- Nominations Open for Ag Awards People involved in the Canadian agriculture industry can win awards that recognize their advocacy, leadership and resiliency. Continue reading to see how you can apply for yourself or nominate a deserving colleague. ...
- Manitoba Open Farm Day is Sunday, September 15, 2019 Manitoba Open Farm Day is an annual, family-friendly event held at various sites across the province. Every year, on the third Sunday in September, farms and ag businesses open their doors to the public, giving them ...
- AIM 2019: Observations and Confirmations From Mitch Rezansoff, Executive Director of CAAR: At Ag in Motion, it was clear to me that suppliers of seed, fertilizer, crop protection, technologies and equipment are jockeying to position themselves as leaders a...
- Environmental Stewardship at Ag in Motion Ag in Motion kicks off today, it is the largest agricultural trade show in Western Canada, providing a venue for progressive farmers who want to see and experience the latest agricultural innovations. This year, visi...
- What to See and Do this Summer We all know that summer is a valuable time to take in education opportunities, network with peers and enjoy a change of scenery through the many events going on across the country. Check out CAAR's Events Page for de...