Take in an outstanding lineup of speaker presentations covering a diverse range of topics relevant to ag retailers at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, SK.
Craig Klemmer, principal agricultural economist with Farm Credit Canada will be sharing his presentation “Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?” on Thursday, Feb. 13. Click to read more about what retailers can expect to take away from this presentation.
Klemmer's presentation will shed light onto how national and global factors are driving the purchasing behavior of farmers and what it means for the health of the overall agriculture industry.
“Across business in Canada, we are highly dependent on the dollar in terms of what it's going to cost for bringing products into our into Canada and then redistributing it through the agriculture industry or for purchasing products for investment in the operations that we have right now,” he says.
Klemmer says that there are numerous factors in the Canadian, American and international economies that make the list of factors that affect ag retailers and farmers that exist outside of our control.
But even though retailers can’t control these developments, they can make sound business decisions through a greater understanding of the factors.
“My presentation will be about understanding some of the risks out there in the operating environment for our customers and for the industry,” says Klemmer. “I want to help the audience to be able to make sense of some of these factors for themselves to equip them with knowledge to manage and navigate through these turbulent times.”
Don’t miss “Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?” on Thursday. Feb. 13 at 11 a.m. on the main stage.
More Great Agenda Highlights
CAAR’s Choice Awards – Submit your nominations for the CAAR's Choice Awards before Friday Dec. 6, 2019 top shine the spotlight on yourself or a colleague.
Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey Results – Get firsthand insight into what the results of this nhewly expanded survey mean for you and your customers.
CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction – this popular event is CAAR’s only fundraiser and a great way to score a deal while supporting your association. Don’t miss it!
- The December Communicator is Here The December Communicator is here – check your mailbox or read online at caar.org/the-communicator. The final issue of 2019 is packed with valuable information and expert insight to take your retail into the next dec...
- CAAR’s Choice Awards Nomination Deadline is Dec. 6, 2019 Nominations for the annual CAAR's Choice Awards are closing soon. Don’t miss your chance to shine the spotlight on yourself, your team or a fellow CAAR member by nominating them for an award in one of four categories...
- Book Your Room at the 2020 CAAR Conference Host Hotel The Conference host hotel is more than just a place to refresh and recharge – it serves as a convenient hub for Conference activities. Book your room today to take advantage of special negotiated rates for Conference...
- CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Adelle Stewart, Do More Ag Adelle Stewart from the Do More Agriculture Foundation (Do More Ag) will be bringing her foundation’s message of “Talk, Ask, Listen” to the CAAR Conference in Saskatoon this February. Don’t miss her important and tim...
- CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Sean Mitchell, University of Guelph CAAR is pleased to welcome Sean Mitchell to the 2020 CAAR Conference. Mitchell, a Chancellors’ Scholar Research Assistant in the Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Guelph, wi...