Take in an outstanding lineup of speaker presentations covering a diverse range of topics relevant to ag retailers at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, SK.
Craig Klemmer, principal agricultural economist with Farm Credit Canada will be sharing his presentation “Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?” on Thursday, Feb. 13. Click to read more about what retailers can expect to take away from this presentation.
Klemmer's presentation will shed light onto how national and global factors are driving the purchasing behavior of farmers and what it means for the health of the overall agriculture industry.
“Across business in Canada, we are highly dependent on the dollar in terms of what it's going to cost for bringing products into our into Canada and then redistributing it through the agriculture industry or for purchasing products for investment in the operations that we have right now,” he says.
Klemmer says that there are numerous factors in the Canadian, American and international economies that make the list of factors that affect ag retailers and farmers that exist outside of our control.
But even though retailers can’t control these developments, they can make sound business decisions through a greater understanding of the factors.
“My presentation will be about understanding some of the risks out there in the operating environment for our customers and for the industry,” says Klemmer. “I want to help the audience to be able to make sense of some of these factors for themselves to equip them with knowledge to manage and navigate through these turbulent times.”
Don’t miss “Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?” on Thursday. Feb. 13 at 11 a.m. on the main stage.
More Great Agenda Highlights
CAAR’s Choice Awards – Submit your nominations for the CAAR's Choice Awards before Friday Dec. 6, 2019 top shine the spotlight on yourself or a colleague.
Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey Results – Get firsthand insight into what the results of this nhewly expanded survey mean for you and your customers.
CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction – this popular event is CAAR’s only fundraiser and a great way to score a deal while supporting your association. Don’t miss it!
- Earn CEUs at the 2020 CAAR Conference Certified Professional Agronomists (CPAs), Crop Advisors (CCAs) and Crop Science Consultants (CCSCs) can earn CEUs by attending the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Continue reading to find out how many CEUs ...
- 2020 CAAR Conference – Online Registration Closes Feb. 1st Have you secured your spot at the 2020 CAAR Conference? If not, you’d better hurry – online registration closes soon. Register online before Feb. 1 and save on your conference pass! Whether you’ve been on the fenc...
- 2020 CAAR Conference: Industry Update #1 Join us at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask., Feb. 11-13 to find out the latest news and developments, direct from industry insiders, at timely and information-packed Industry Update presentations. Repr...
- Celebrate With Us at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet The CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet is a conference highlight and is not to be missed! Join us for a delicious meal with your colleagues and friends, as we recognize the best of the best in Canadian Ag Retail. Following...
- Roundtable Discussions Return to the CAAR Conference in 2020 Roundtables are back – and they’re better than ever! Don’t miss your chance to take part in this exciting networking and learning opportunity at the 2020 CAAR Conference. Whether you are a seasoned veteran of the ind...