Take in an outstanding lineup of speaker presentations covering a diverse range of topics relevant to ag retailers at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, SK.
Craig Klemmer, principal agricultural economist with Farm Credit Canada will be sharing his presentation “Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?” on Thursday, Feb. 13. Click to read more about what retailers can expect to take away from this presentation.
Klemmer's presentation will shed light onto how national and global factors are driving the purchasing behavior of farmers and what it means for the health of the overall agriculture industry.
“Across business in Canada, we are highly dependent on the dollar in terms of what it's going to cost for bringing products into our into Canada and then redistributing it through the agriculture industry or for purchasing products for investment in the operations that we have right now,” he says.
Klemmer says that there are numerous factors in the Canadian, American and international economies that make the list of factors that affect ag retailers and farmers that exist outside of our control.
But even though retailers can’t control these developments, they can make sound business decisions through a greater understanding of the factors.
“My presentation will be about understanding some of the risks out there in the operating environment for our customers and for the industry,” says Klemmer. “I want to help the audience to be able to make sense of some of these factors for themselves to equip them with knowledge to manage and navigate through these turbulent times.”
Don’t miss “Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?” on Thursday. Feb. 13 at 11 a.m. on the main stage.
More Great Agenda Highlights
CAAR’s Choice Awards – Submit your nominations for the CAAR's Choice Awards before Friday Dec. 6, 2019 top shine the spotlight on yourself or a colleague.
Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey Results – Get firsthand insight into what the results of this nhewly expanded survey mean for you and your customers.
CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction – this popular event is CAAR’s only fundraiser and a great way to score a deal while supporting your association. Don’t miss it!
- Save the Date for the 2021 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars and make plans to join us Feb. 9-11, 2021 for two and a half days of networking, education and professional development in the “City of Champions” – Edmonton, Alberta. Now in its 26th year, the...
- The 2020 CAAR Conference: Embracing Innovation The 2020 CAAR Conference brought ag retailers back to sunny Saskatoon, Sask. for two-and-a-half days of speaker sessions and unbeatable networking opportunities. This year’s conference marked CAAR’s 25th anniversary ...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap From informative industry updates to the closing keynote address, the second full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference left delegates with plenty to think about. Here are some of the highlights from Day Three: Industry...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap The first full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference was packed with conversation, information and celebration. Here are your Day Two highlights: Roundtable Discussions Wednesday got off to a roaring start with structu...
- Your Ultimate Guide to the 2020 CAAR Conference Are you ready for the ag retail event of the year? Please take the time to review these important details ahead of the event to make your arrival at conference a smooth one. We can't wait to welcome you to Saskatoon!...