The 2020 CAAR Conference Keynote Speaker, Dr. Steven Webb, CEO of the Global Institute for Food Security (GIFS), will deliver a presentation focusing on the valuable role that partnerships will play in the changing landscape of Canadian agriculture, and where ag retailers fit into the equation.
Don’t miss this look at how collaboration will shape the next 25 years of Canadian agriculture – register for the 2020 CAAR Conference today!
Keynote Presentation: Public/Private Partnerships and Collaborations are Essential to the Design, Development and Deployment of Agricultural Innovations
“For GIFS, one of the key partners we need enhanced relationships with are the producers, a group that ag retailers have a lot of strong connections with,” says Webb. “By communicating with ag retailers, GIFS and our other partners can work on projects that are relevant and important for our producers to create economic and environmental value.”
GIFS is a non-profit that was established by three founding partners – Nutrien (formerly PotashCorp), the University of Saskatchewan and the Government of Saskatchewan. The institute’s mission is to develop innovative solutions for the globally sustainable production of safe and nutritious food, and it does this by collaborating with diverse partners. GIFS recently completed an updated organizational strategy, and Webb says the strategy highlights the importance of working with retailers, producers and other stakeholders throughout the value chain.
“I’ll introduce GIFS to retailers and talk about our phase two strategy in the context of public/private partnerships and collaborations,” he says. “Retailers are a key nexus of knowledge and understanding of not only what the current issues are, but they’re also at the front lines of emerging trends. I hope we can build relationships to gather more input from retailers on what we should be doing from a research perspective.”
Retailers can expect to leave Webb’s presentation with knowledge of what GIFS is and what it does, and how the GIFS network of industry partnerships can serve as a resource that they can use in their conversations with customers. Webb looks forward to building relationships between GIFS and ag retailers in the coming years to benefit both retailers and their customers.
More Great Agenda Highlights
Icebreaker Cocktail Reception: Network with industry colleagues and friends, new and familiar while recognizing Canada’s Ag Day.
Craig Klemmer, FCC: Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?
Industry Updates: The 2020 CAAR Conference will feature two sessions of industry updates, bringing you more expert presentations on the latest issues. See all presenters.
- The 2021 CAAR Conference Is Going Virtual The health and safety of CAAR Conference attendees are of utmost importance to us, in light of the on-going developments with COVID-19, we have chosen to host the 2021 CAAR Conference virtually from February 9 - 11, ...
- 2021 CAAR Conference Exhibitor Registration Opens Monday, June 22, 2020 Secure your booth space for the 2021 CAAR Conference, hosted in Edmonton, AB from February 9-11, 2021. Continue reading for more important CAAR Conference updates and ways to support the event. Statement Regarding...
- Save the Date for the 2021 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars and make plans to join us Feb. 9-11, 2021 for two and a half days of networking, education and professional development in the “City of Champions” – Edmonton, Alberta. Now in its 26th year, the...
- Reminder to Fill Out Your CAAR Conference Survey Calling all 2020 CAAR Conference delegates: remember to provide your feedback on the event for your chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. Check your email inbox for a link to fill out CAAR’s Post-Conference Survey. Don...
- Thank You for Making the 2020 CAAR Conference a Success The staff and board of CAAR would like to extend a sincere thank-you to everyone who joined us at TCU Place in Saskatoon and helped make our 25th anniversary event a resounding success. Keep reading for important pos...