The 2020 CAAR Conference Keynote Speaker, Dr. Steven Webb, CEO of the Global Institute for Food Security (GIFS), will deliver a presentation focusing on the valuable role that partnerships will play in the changing landscape of Canadian agriculture, and where ag retailers fit into the equation.
Don’t miss this look at how collaboration will shape the next 25 years of Canadian agriculture – register for the 2020 CAAR Conference today!
Keynote Presentation: Public/Private Partnerships and Collaborations are Essential to the Design, Development and Deployment of Agricultural Innovations
“For GIFS, one of the key partners we need enhanced relationships with are the producers, a group that ag retailers have a lot of strong connections with,” says Webb. “By communicating with ag retailers, GIFS and our other partners can work on projects that are relevant and important for our producers to create economic and environmental value.”
GIFS is a non-profit that was established by three founding partners – Nutrien (formerly PotashCorp), the University of Saskatchewan and the Government of Saskatchewan. The institute’s mission is to develop innovative solutions for the globally sustainable production of safe and nutritious food, and it does this by collaborating with diverse partners. GIFS recently completed an updated organizational strategy, and Webb says the strategy highlights the importance of working with retailers, producers and other stakeholders throughout the value chain.
“I’ll introduce GIFS to retailers and talk about our phase two strategy in the context of public/private partnerships and collaborations,” he says. “Retailers are a key nexus of knowledge and understanding of not only what the current issues are, but they’re also at the front lines of emerging trends. I hope we can build relationships to gather more input from retailers on what we should be doing from a research perspective.”
Retailers can expect to leave Webb’s presentation with knowledge of what GIFS is and what it does, and how the GIFS network of industry partnerships can serve as a resource that they can use in their conversations with customers. Webb looks forward to building relationships between GIFS and ag retailers in the coming years to benefit both retailers and their customers.
More Great Agenda Highlights
Icebreaker Cocktail Reception: Network with industry colleagues and friends, new and familiar while recognizing Canada’s Ag Day.
Craig Klemmer, FCC: Trade, Dollar and Interest Rates: What Does it Mean for the Health of Canadian Agriculture?
Industry Updates: The 2020 CAAR Conference will feature two sessions of industry updates, bringing you more expert presentations on the latest issues. See all presenters.
- Thank You for Attending #CAARcon On behalf of the CAAR Staff, Board of Directors and Conference Committee, thank you to everyone who attended the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference and making it a successful event! The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, hos...
- Now online – Read the Feb. 2021 CAAR Communicator Read the February 2021 CAAR Communicator – available online now! The last issue of the CAAR Communicator before the annual CAAR Conference gives you the scoop on the virtual event from Feb. 9-11, plus important annou...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference: Concurrent Sessions The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference three-day agenda has been developed by the conference committee who knows what ag retailers need and includes relevant and engaging topics as well as virtual networking opportunities ...
- Three Weeks Left to Register for the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference With three weeks until the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference launches, we invite all ag retailers from across Canada to join us at our virtual event, hosted from February 9 – 11, 2021. REGISTER FOR THE 2021 VIRTUAL CAA...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Cami Ryan CAAR is pleased to announce Cami Ryan, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, who will provide insights into the ‘disinformation landscape’ and what this means for the a...