The CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet is a conference highlight and is not to be missed! Join us for a delicious meal with your colleagues and friends, as we recognize the best of the best in Canadian Ag Retail. Following dinner, sit back and enjoy the entertainment, provided by one of Canada’s top comics.
This year, CAAR is pleased to present comedian Derek Edwards at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. Edwards, a regular at Montreal’s Just for Laughs Festival, has been referred to as “the funniest man in Canada” by Rick Mercer. The only Canadian winner of the prestigious Vail International Comedy Competition, Edwards delivers his material with polished style and impeccable timing. He will take the stage immediately following the CAAR’s Choice Awards presentation.
The CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet takes place at TCU Place, Saskatoon, on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
6:00 - 7:00 pm Cocktail Reception
7:00 - 9:00 pm Awards Dinner & Presentation
9:00 - 10:00 pm Banquet Entertainment with Derek Edwards
Please note: a limited number of tickets will be available to walk-up registrants.
CAAR’s Choice Awards Honour Roll
Last year, CAAR presented CAAR's Choice Awards to:
- Agronomist of the Year: Taralea Simpson, Shur-Gro Farm Services
- Retailer of the Year: South Country Co-Op, Alberta
- 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award: Nutrien Ag Solutions (Canada) Inc.
- Retailer Hall of Fame: Wayne Deschouwer
- Chairman’s Award: Grant Larocque
Take a look back at who CAAR has recognized with an award over the history of the CAAR’s Choice Awards: CAAR's Choice Honour Roll
- Support Your Association Through the Pro-Ag Investments Auction CAAR’s Pro-Ag Investments Auction is right around the corner. You can support your association’s advocacy efforts by taking part as a donor or bidder – or both! Keep reading to find out more about the auction and how...
- CAAR’s Choice Awards Nomination Deadline is Dec. 6, 2019 Nominations for the annual CAAR's Choice Awards are closing soon. Don’t miss your chance to shine the spotlight on yourself, your team or a fellow CAAR member by nominating them for an award in one of four categories...
- Take Advantage of Early Bird Registration Pricing Calling all early birds – be sure to register for the 2020 CAAR Conference by Nov. 29, 2019 to take advantage of reduced registration rates. Join CAAR’s board of directors, staff and your fellow ag retailers to celeb...
- CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Adelle Stewart, Do More Ag Adelle Stewart from the Do More Agriculture Foundation (Do More Ag) will be bringing her foundation’s message of “Talk, Ask, Listen” to the CAAR Conference in Saskatoon this February. Don’t miss her important and tim...
- CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Sean Mitchell, University of Guelph CAAR is pleased to welcome Sean Mitchell to the 2020 CAAR Conference. Mitchell, a Chancellors’ Scholar Research Assistant in the Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Guelph, wi...