The CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet is a conference highlight and is not to be missed! Join us for a delicious meal with your colleagues and friends, as we recognize the best of the best in Canadian Ag Retail. Following dinner, sit back and enjoy the entertainment, provided by one of Canada’s top comics.
This year, CAAR is pleased to present comedian Derek Edwards at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. Edwards, a regular at Montreal’s Just for Laughs Festival, has been referred to as “the funniest man in Canada” by Rick Mercer. The only Canadian winner of the prestigious Vail International Comedy Competition, Edwards delivers his material with polished style and impeccable timing. He will take the stage immediately following the CAAR’s Choice Awards presentation.
The CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet takes place at TCU Place, Saskatoon, on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
6:00 - 7:00 pm Cocktail Reception
7:00 - 9:00 pm Awards Dinner & Presentation
9:00 - 10:00 pm Banquet Entertainment with Derek Edwards
Please note: a limited number of tickets will be available to walk-up registrants.
CAAR’s Choice Awards Honour Roll
Last year, CAAR presented CAAR's Choice Awards to:
- Agronomist of the Year: Taralea Simpson, Shur-Gro Farm Services
- Retailer of the Year: South Country Co-Op, Alberta
- 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award: Nutrien Ag Solutions (Canada) Inc.
- Retailer Hall of Fame: Wayne Deschouwer
- Chairman’s Award: Grant Larocque
Take a look back at who CAAR has recognized with an award over the history of the CAAR’s Choice Awards: CAAR's Choice Honour Roll
- Connect with the Ag Retail Industry Through Conference Sponsorship Connect with the agriculture industry to promote your company’s products and services and bring maximum exposure to your brand by being a sponsor of the 2021 CAAR Conference. Continue reading for more information on ...
- 2021 CAAR Conference Exhibitor Registration is Now Open Register today to secure your booth at the 2021 CAAR Conference hosted in Edmonton, AB from February 9-11, 2021. Now in its 26th year, the CAAR Conference is a two-day event focused on the business of ag retail an...
- Chairman’s Award: Al Driver, Bayer The 2019 Chairman’s Award winner was selected in recognition of his many years contributing to the advancement of crop inputs and crop protection technology in Canada and, his personal passion for supporting the heal...
- Agronomist of the Year: Greg Hodgins, Holmes Agro When CAAR’s 2019 Agronomist of the Year Greg Hodgins first began his career in the early 2000s with Holmes Agro, an Ontario-based retailer with four locations, he was working in inventory management. With a degree in...
- The 2020 CAAR Conference: Embracing Innovation The 2020 CAAR Conference brought ag retailers back to sunny Saskatoon, Sask. for two-and-a-half days of speaker sessions and unbeatable networking opportunities. This year’s conference marked CAAR’s 25th anniversary ...