The best-of-the-best in ag retail were celebrated at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet during the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Keep reading to see who took home the top honours.
This year, the following members were recognized for their commitment to business excellence, sustainability and their local communities. Each received a plaque, a $1,000 prize and a trip to the CAAR Conference to receive their award in the company of their friends and colleagues at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet.
• 2019 Agronomist of the Year – Sponsored by Simplot
This award recognizes those hardworking agronomists who commit so much time to helping farmers grow the best crop possible, while demonstrating excellent customer service, a commitment to continuing education, and industry/community leadership.
This year’s Agronomist of the year, Greg Hodgins of Holmes Agro works with a wide range of crops including both row crops and horticultural crops. No matter the specifics, he is focused on helping customers make decisions that are both agronomically and economically beneficial.
• 2019 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer – Sponsored by Fertilizer Canada
This award recognizes a team at one CAAR member location that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship into business practices by becoming a 4R Designated retailer and is proactive in communicating 4R Nutrient Stewardship to their customers and the community.
Cargill Ltd. has embraced 4R at its retail locations across Western Canada. Embracing the principles and protocols of 4R has helped the team provide more valuable fertilizer plans to their customers, and has provided a sense of empowerment to stand up for the stewardship work of Canadian farmers.
• 2019 Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Bayer CropScience Inc.
This award recognizes the team at one member location that goes above and beyond for their customers, and demonstrates business innovation, environmental stewardship and community leadership.
Alberta’s Crop Management Network is the largest independent retail network serving central Alberta. Crop Management Network has a strong belief in making positive contributions to the communities they serve, and an equally strong belief in providing development and even ownership opportunities for staff to recognize integrity and longevity within their team.
• Retailer Hall of Fame – Sponsored by Glacier FarmMedia
This award recognizes an outstanding individual who has made a significant impact on the agri-retail industry, consistently demonstrating exceptional leadership and performance over time.
Owner and Founder of Rack Petroleum, Dennis Bulani has been one of CAAR’s most vocal supporters throughout the past 25 Years. Bulani has also been a leader and a trail blazer among independent retailers. The Ultimate Yield Research Institute (UYMI) that he founded has produced leading fertility research. In recent years, Bulani worked to bring the AgLink concept to Canada.
• Chairman’s Award
Al Driver, Canadian Country Division Head of Bayer CropScience Inc. was presented with the Chairman’s Award to recognize his many years of work leading the development of valuable products for retailers and their farmer customers. Driver has been instrumental in the development of leading canola hybrids and numerous crop protection brands.
CAAR extends its warmest congratulations to all of this year’s award recipients. Read a full profile of each winner in the April 2020 issue of The Communicator, coming soon!
- CAAR Congratulates the 2020 Conference Survey Winners Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the conference survey. Your feedback on the 2020 CAAR Conference will help us improve future events, including the 2021 CAAR Conference in Edmonton, AB. Everyone wh...
- Reminder to Fill Out Your CAAR Conference Survey Calling all 2020 CAAR Conference delegates: remember to provide your feedback on the event for your chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. Check your email inbox for a link to fill out CAAR’s Post-Conference Survey. Don...
- Thank You for Making the 2020 CAAR Conference a Success The staff and board of CAAR would like to extend a sincere thank-you to everyone who joined us at TCU Place in Saskatoon and helped make our 25th anniversary event a resounding success. Keep reading for important pos...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap From informative industry updates to the closing keynote address, the second full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference left delegates with plenty to think about. Here are some of the highlights from Day Three: Industry...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap The first full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference was packed with conversation, information and celebration. Here are your Day Two highlights: Roundtable Discussions Wednesday got off to a roaring start with structu...