Introduced in 2012, the Agronomist of the Year award recognizes a CAAR member agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge.
Sponsored by Simplot
Click here to complete your online nomination form for the Agronomist of the Year Award
NOMINATE YOUR AGRONOMIST TODAY!
Agronomists are your touchpoint with customers; that seemingly endless source of crop production knowledge that helps every grower ensure the best crop possible makes it into the bin.
Now it’s time to recognize those hardworking agronomists who commit so much time to helping farmers and ensuring they keep on top of an everchanging world of agronomic knowledge.
The successful agronomist, who must be employed by or work on behalf of a CAAR member location, will be selected by a committee of peers based on accomplishments in the following areas:
1. Agronomic Knowledge: They demonstrate significant knowledge of agronomic practices applicable to their local region.
2. Customer Service and Satisfaction: They demonstrate excellent customer service, satisfaction, and significant customer retention.
3. Commitment to Continuing Education: They demonstrate a commitment to continually develop skills through seminars, courses, self-study and/or mentorship.
4. Community and Industry Leadership: They demonstrate exceptional professionalism and leadership in their local community and the industry at large through volunteering, sponsorship, or donations.
To nominate an agronomist for this award, click here to fill out the online form by Friday, December 4, 2020.
In addition to being recognized as a leader in the ag retail industry, the winning individual receives an award plaque to display at their office, $1,000 prize, a 1-page article featured in the CAAR Communicator and CAAR Network, and is also inducted into the CAAR Awards honour roll.
Click here for more information about all of the CAAR Awards and nominate someone today.
- 2021/22 CAAR Membership Renewals The CAAR Board of Directors, Committees and Staff thank all CAAR Members for supporting the association.As a member-driven and a not-for-profit association representing Canada’s ag retailers, every member makes a dif...
- Three Weeks Left to Register for the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference With three weeks until the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference launches, we invite all ag retailers from across Canada to join us at our virtual event, hosted from February 9 – 11, 2021. REGISTER FOR THE 2021 VIRTUAL CAA...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Sam Taylor The past year has been a rollercoaster ride for agriculture production due to COVID-19, with trade disruptions occurring as a result of logistics issues, embargoes and tariffs. This session will review the state of g...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Farm Credit Canada Join Marty Seymour and Sarah Dobson from Farm Credit Canada at #CAARcon as they present how current global trends and consumer behaviours are impacting Canadian Ag Retailers, Agriculture, and Food sectors through the...
- Government of Canada Releases Clean Fuel Standard Document and Climate Plan Learn about the Clean Fuel Standard document that will replace the current Renewable Fuels Regulations and also learn about Canada’s climate plan that protects the environment, create jobs and support communities. ...