CAAR is pleased to announce Justin Funk, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, will highlight some of the key findings from his Multi-Generational Farm Study as they relate to the Customer Journey and will discuss the implications to the Canadian Ag Retailers.
REGISTER FOR THE 2021 VIRTUAL CAAR CONFERENCE
The past decade has seen a significant shift in decision-making on Canadian farming operations as transitions occur from one generation to the next. This change presents suppliers with many challenges, but also opportunities as they look at new ways to appeal to the up-and-coming generation while continuing to satisfy the needs of the current generation of decision-makers.
In 2016, Justin partnered with Scott Downey (Purdue University) to conduct the Multi-Generational Farm Study to identify the differences that exist between generations with respect to:
- Decision-making responsibilities
- Motivations and decision-making criteria
- Preferred sources of information
- Attitudes towards technology
- Perspectives on the retailer relationship
In this 45-minute virtual session, Justin will present some of the key findings from this study as they relate to the Customer Journey and discuss the implications to Canadian Ag Retailers.
About Justin Funk
As the managing partner of Agri Studies, a firm based out of Guelph, ON, focused on market research, strategic planning, and professional development in the North American agribusiness industry, Justin brings over 18 years of experience working with clients in all sectors of the industry through sales and marketing education programs. Justin has spent his career working to help increase the knowledge, skill, and confidence of industry salespeople as they look to fulfill their mission of helping farmer customers. A major focus of his work has involved conducting marketing research to better understand farmer attitudes and perceptions with respect to purchase decision-making.
In addition to his experience working in the industry, Justin has taught Marketing Strategy in the MBA in Agriculture Program at the University of Guelph and currently holds a faculty position teaching executive development programs at the Center for Food and Agricultural Business at Purdue University in Indiana.
Justin is also a member of city of Guelph’s 40 Under 40, has received the National Agri-Marketing Association’s (NAMA) Professional Development Award of Excellence, and was recently honoured as the Agri-Marketer of the Year with the Canadian Agri-Marketing Association (CAMA) in 2019.
2021 Virtual CAAR Conference
Featuring educational keynote and concurrent sessions, the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference offers valuable opportunities to engage with retailers, exhibitors, and industry reps from the industry, and resources for ag retailers to evolve and provide the best service for their customers.
We will be announcing speakers and agenda details over the next few weeks for our virtual event, stay up-to-date by visiting the CAAR Conference page, reading the CAAR Communicator Magazine and the CAAR Network bi-weekly newsletter.
REGISTER FOR THE 2021 VIRTUAL CAAR CONFERENCE
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Cami Ryan CAAR is pleased to announce Cami Ryan, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, who will provide insights into the ‘disinformation landscape’ and what this means for the a...
- Virtual CAAR Conference Agenda Announcement The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference is only a couple of months away and we’re excited to share the speaker lineup with you. Check out the virtual agenda and make sure to register you and your team today! REGISTER FOR...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Registration Opens Monday, November 30 Mark your calendars and register for the virtual conference on Monday, November 30, registration is open for attendees and exhibitors. The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference focuses on the business of ag retail and connect...
- Connect with the Ag Retail Industry Through Conference Sponsorship Connect with the agriculture industry to promote your company’s products and services and bring maximum exposure to your brand by being a sponsor of the 2021 CAAR Conference. Continue reading for more information on ...
- 2021 CAAR Conference Exhibitor Registration Opens Monday, June 22, 2020 Secure your booth space for the 2021 CAAR Conference, hosted in Edmonton, AB from February 9-11, 2021. Continue reading for more important CAAR Conference updates and ways to support the event. Statement Regarding...