Membership with CAAR enables you to focus your attention on your business; trusting CAAR to share the regulatory, compliance and advocacy information you need to know when you need to know it.
CAAR is the National Voice for Ag Retailers
CAAR is the only national association representing the interests of and addressing critical issues facing ag retailers today and is entrenched in the issues that impact your business, making a difference for our ag retailer members.
CAAR’s 2020/21 Advocacy Efforts
This year alone CAAR has been actively defending and representing retailers regarding:
- Compliance: Changes to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations, Part 6: Training and Part 8: Reporting. Consulting on the Environmental Emergency Regulations. Updates to TDG and anhydrous ammonia-specific training. Regular alerts through member exclusive communications; urban creep.
- Fertilizer: Changes to the Ammonia Code of Practice. Significant changes to the B620 and B622 standards that govern anhydrous ammonia nurse tanks. Negotiating variances to Manitoba nutrient application restrictions.
- International Trade: Participating in the Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) Steering Committees and the Keep It Clean campaign.
- Sustainability: Multiple roundtables, steering committees, and discussion groups developing agricultural policy at the federal level to ensure retailers’ voice is heard.
2021/22 CAAR Membership Renewal Reminder
Last week, CAAR members received membership renewal information, we encourage all members to renew for the 2021/22 year. Don't delay - membership renewals are due June 30, 2021.
As a member-driven and a not-for-profit association representing Canada’s ag retailers, every member makes a difference and strengthens the voice of CAAR and we look forward to continuing our relationship with all members in 2021.
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2021) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from January to March 2021. View CAAR's Q1 Quart...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (Oct. – Dec. 2020) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from October to December 2020. View CAAR's Q1 Qu...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (July – Sept. 2020) We would like to thank our members who renewed their CAAR membership for the 2020/21 year and continued their investment with us. View CAAR's Q2 Quarterly At-A-Glance (October - December 2020)View CAAR's Q3 Quarte...
- Manitoba Nutrient Application Ban in Effect on Nov. 10 CAAR advises all Manitoba members and producers information regarding restrictions on winter nutrient application from the Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development website. Nutrient Application Ban in Effect ...
- AWSA Continues to Suspend In-Person Audits Based on the response of the AWSA board members, CropLife Canada, Fertilizer Canada, and the provincial states of emergencies, AWSA will continue to suspend all in-person audits. This directive will be reviewed again...