Membership with CAAR enables you to focus your attention on your business; trusting CAAR to share the regulatory, compliance and advocacy information you need to know when you need to know it.
CAAR is the National Voice for Ag Retailers
CAAR is the only national association representing the interests of and addressing critical issues facing ag retailers today and is entrenched in the issues that impact your business, making a difference for our ag retailer members.
CAAR’s 2020/21 Advocacy Efforts
This year alone CAAR has been actively defending and representing retailers regarding:
- Compliance: Changes to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations, Part 6: Training and Part 8: Reporting. Consulting on the Environmental Emergency Regulations. Updates to TDG and anhydrous ammonia-specific training. Regular alerts through member exclusive communications; urban creep.
- Fertilizer: Changes to the Ammonia Code of Practice. Significant changes to the B620 and B622 standards that govern anhydrous ammonia nurse tanks. Negotiating variances to Manitoba nutrient application restrictions.
- International Trade: Participating in the Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) Steering Committees and the Keep It Clean campaign.
- Sustainability: Multiple roundtables, steering committees, and discussion groups developing agricultural policy at the federal level to ensure retailers’ voice is heard.
2021/22 CAAR Membership Renewal Reminder
Last week, CAAR members received membership renewal information, we encourage all members to renew for the 2021/22 year. Don't delay - membership renewals are due June 30, 2021.
As a member-driven and a not-for-profit association representing Canada’s ag retailers, every member makes a difference and strengthens the voice of CAAR and we look forward to continuing our relationship with all members in 2021.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss CAAR membership, programs or services in more detail, please feel free to reach out to Mitch Rezansoff, Executive Diretcor, at 204-989-9303.
- Innovation drives improved sustainability A comparison of Canadian versus European approaches. Canadian agriculture has embraced innovative technologies and products, something that has been achieved through an efficient regulatory framework and widespread a...
- CAAR News CAAR is commited to: Unite, Educate & Advocate Thank you for renewing your CAAR Membership! CAAR is newly committed to the following pillars: Unite CAAR is the only national association that exclusively rep...
- 2024 Crop Input Market Predictions for Canada According to FCC, despite the backdrop of 2023 droughts and global issues, Canada's 2024 crop input market faces diverse challenges. Here’s a brief on what to expect. The Canadian agricultural scene is buzzing wit...
- CFIA modernizing food compositional standards The CFIA has announced its intention to modernize food compositional standards. CAAR is seeking member feedback. CIFA believes this will provide more opportunities for industry to respond to consumer preferences b...
- PSAC strike will impact agriculture industry Jill Verwey, president of Keystone Agricultural Producers, says PSAC strike will have a significant impact on agriculture industry. More than 155,000 federal workers walked off the job Wednesday morning (April 19,...