CAAR members may be interested in attending the US Sustainable Agronomy Conference designed for Certified Crop Advisers (CCAs), Agri-Sales Professionals, and growers which starts today, July 20, 2021.
The conference will provide attendees with the opportunity to learn more about sustainable agronomy in the field. Attendees will learn about what is driving sustainability agriculture, what the agronomics look like, and how to implement sustainable crop production.
The focus for this conference is not to describe research findings, but rather to demonstrate actionable practices and will on decision support and execution.
The Sustainable Agronomy Conference will include a four-part virtual “Conservation in Action Tour”, which will include videos from the field which feature interviews with experts, as well as CCAs, researchers, and farmers.
CCA Continuing Education Units (CEU’s):
- SSp = Sustainability
- NM = Nutrient Management
- SW = Soil and Water Management
- PM = Pest Management
- CM = Crop Management
Conference organizers say that “You will leave the conference with information that you can confidently recommend to clients and implement in the field.”
Conference registration is FREE. The conference will feature six 2-hour sessions, starting July 20 ending August 24. Conference registration includes access to all session recordings through October 24*. To register, visit the www.agronomy.org website.
- Executive Summary for the Responsible Grain Voluntary Code of Practice Synthesis Agri-Food Network began an extensive consultation process starting in November 2020, and wrapping up March 2021, to obtain feedback on the Responsible Grain draft Code of Practice. Over 850 individuals reg...
- Field Crops Report for June 2021 According to statistics Canada, the results from the June 2021 Field Crop Survey conducted with 25,000 Canadian farmers showed that farmers planted more canola, barley, soybeans and lentils, but fewer acres of wheat,...
- Two Well-known Saskatchewan Ag Retailers Merge Saskatchewan’s Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and Blair’s Family of Companies (Blair’s) recently shared the news that the joint venture between the two parties (announced in February) is moving forward as it h...
- Find out where Cleanfarms collections will be held this fall Cleanfarms has announced the locations of its next regional events to collect unwanted, old agricultural pesticides and obsolete livestock, equine and poultry medications to help farmers safety dispose of these agric...
- Manitoba’s FPT Agriculture and Food Industry – What We Heard Report CAAR participated in Manitoba’s Pre-FPT Agriculture and Food Industry Meeting in June in preparation for the July 2021 Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers of Agriculture meeting. FPT agriculture Ministers will b...