Did you forget to renew your membership? By now, you should have received your membership renewal information for the 2022-23 year, and hopefully your membership invoice has been made. Summer is a busy time, if you forgot, there is still time to renew your membership. With several advocacy issues ongoing to protect the industry, renewing your CAAR Membership is more important than ever.
CAAR is a member-driven association and its success is guided by the size of membership it represents.
CAAR’s 2021/22 Advocacy Efforts
This year alone CAAR has been actively supporting and representing ag retailers regarding:
- Regulation and Compliance
- Fertilizer and Pesticide availability
- Impact of International Trade and Policy
- Sustainable Production and Practices
CAAR Engagement Activities
CAAR has been actively engaged on issues impacting ag retailers:
- AgGateway: working group, industry connectivity.
- CAAR Hosted: Ammonia Nurse Tank Safety Program Training.
- CAAR initiated: Fuel Positive Agreement in principle. FuelPositive systems producing ammonia on farm to follow Fertilize Canada Ammonia Code of practice.
- Canada Grains Council. MRL Assessment Committee, Sustainable Grains Working Group. Letter of support to CGC and CropLife Canada supporting science-based decision vs socioeconomic political intervention of PMRA decision making as department and PCP Act is modernized.
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications. CRTC broad band auction strategy. Comment relating to prioritizing agriculture regions and rural communities. Advance precision agriculture technology capabilities. Define purchase and implementation terms and conditions; use it or lose it. Rural Broadband Connectivity – Impact to farmers, retails, rural communities implementing (5G).
- Canola Council of Canada development of research HUB strategic communications.
- CleanFARMS. Pesticide Container Transitioning from Municipal Collection to Retail Collection (Alberta/Manitoba)., Pesticide & Inoculant Bag Committee. Pesticide Container collection working group.
- Environment Canada / Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Over Formulation of Nitrogen and Phosphate Fertilizers, Imports and Domestic Production Working Group Canadian Fertilizer Products Forum.
- Environment Canada and Climate Change / Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada ECCC / AAFC Covid-19 Stakeholder Conference participation. Agriculture & Agri-Food – Impact of flood of BC’s lower mainland participation. ECCC/AAFC Emissions reduction of farm applied fertilizer emissions response and impact.
- Environment Canada and Climate Change / Pesticide Management Review Agency ECCC / PMRA Transformation Steering Committee Member. ECCC / PMRA MRL Technical Working Group.
- Fertilizer Canada. Ammonia Working Group, Canada Fertilizer Safety and Security Committee, 4R Communications Working Group, 4R Provincial Memorandum Support, Agriculture Climate Solutions Funding Proposal Letter of Support, Liquid Storage Working Group, Province of Manitoba hours of service alignment with Alberta and Saskatchewan development, support of amendments and feedback to Transport Canada TDG, B620, B622 and Fertilizer Canada development Codes of Practice. Letter of support challenging ECCC / AAFC strategy to reduce farmer applied fertilizer emissions by 30%.
- Prairie Certified Crop Advisor Board Board member appointee. Provincial Activities Manitoba Ag Ministers Input Sessions -Next Ag Policy Framework. Alberta Producer PPP sessions – EPR Engagement. Pesticide Restrictions: Learning from the Quebec Experience.
- Transport Canada. Letter to Transport Minister request swift resolution of strike action and of the impact of railway employee strike to fertilizer and pesticide availability.
- University of Guelph: R2B2.Regional & Rural Broadband Project support activities. Expansion of 5G networks.
The CAAR Staff and Board of Directors would like to thank our members who have renewed their membership and continued their investment with CAAR. The success CAAR has achieved over the 25+ years wouldn’t have been possible without your commitment and working together to make a difference.
Without the loyalty and support of our members, CAAR would not be able to continuously produce valuable programs and services as well as advocate on behalf of Canada’s ag retailers.
- Reminder: CAAR Membership Renewals Due Mid-July By now, CAAR members should have received their membership renewal information for the 2022-23 year. Don't delay - membership renewals are due Mid-July. With several advocacy issues ongoing to protect the industry, ...
- 2022-23 Membership Renewal is Underway Don’t miss your chance to confirm your membership to the association that fights for your rights and provides the support you need. CAAR is the only national association representing the interests of and addressin...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2022) CAAR was busy in the first quarter of 2022 - we know it's hard to keep up with everything. Learn about CAAR's activities in our first Quarterly At-A-Glance of 2022, providing an overview of how we represented and adv...
- CAAR welcomes LeftField Commodity Research as a CAAR Perk$ Partner CAAR welcomes LeftField Commodity Research as a CAAR Perk$ Partner. Leftfield is eager to assist agri-retailers in providing added value to their customers and to strengthen relationships between ag retailers and the...
- Happy New Year! CAAR thanks you for your continued support of the association. We’re looking forward to serving you again in 2022! Membership with CAAR is an investment and solidifies not only the strength, but the long-term sust...