Do you know an Agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge? Nominate your Agronomist for the Agronomist of the Year Award.
Agronomists have day-to-day contact with farmers to help ensure the farm is on top of agronomy best practices for their farm They are a source of crop production knowledge that helps every grower ensure the best crop possible makes it into the bin.
In addition to being recognized as a leader in the ag retail industry, the winning individual receives an award plaque to display at their office, $1,000 prize, a 1-page article featured in the CAAR Communicator and CAAR Network, and is also inducted into the CAAR Awards honour roll.
The awards were introduced in 2012. The successful agronomist, who must be employed by or work on behalf of a CAAR member location, will be selected by a committee of peers based on accomplishments in the following areas:
1. Agronomic Knowledge: They demonstrate significant knowledge of agronomic practices applicable to their local region.
2. Customer Service and Satisfaction: They demonstrate excellent customer service, satisfaction, and significant customer retention.
3. Commitment to Continuing Education: They demonstrate a commitment to continually develop skills through seminars, courses, self-study and/or mentorship.
4. Community and Industry Leadership: They demonstrate exceptional professionalism and leadership in their local community and the industry at large through volunteering, sponsorship, or donations.
To nominate an agronomist for this award, click here to fill out the online form by Friday, December 2, 2022.
- Award-Winning Corn Grower Shares His Tips and Tricks What’s it take to have the highest corn yield in the nation? For Health Cutrell, winner of the 2022 NCGA National Corn Yield Contest, the answer is a little bit of everything. (Sponsored Content) Just in time...
- Calculate your way to success with the eKonomics app Farm success depends on a variety of factors. From weather to nutrient management, managing the endless stream of information out there can be challenging, but that’s where eKonomics can help. (Sponsored Content) ...
- CAAR News No Concerns with New Pesticides & Ag Plastic in Québec Changes No Concerns with New Pesticides The Market Access Committee has released information about new pesticides in corn and soy that will be launched f...
- Meet your 2022-23 CAAR Board of Directors Get to know Board members: Wes Arnfinson, Eric Gregory, Martin Kiefer, Darrel Knight, Stan Loewen, Taylor Olsen, Stu Rasmussen, Scott Russell, Craig Senchuk, and Stewart Whillans. The Board of Directors will cont...
- CAAR News CAAR welcomes Nikeisha to the team! CAAR is delighted to welcome Nikeisha Paul-Hunnighan to the Marketing, Communications & Event Management role with the association. Nikeisha has a variety of experiences cen...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.