Do you have a team member you want to recognize that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship? This award is sponsored by Fertilizer Canada.
Introduced in 2013, the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award recognizes an individual at a CAAR member location that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship (Right Sources @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place®) into their business practices by becoming a 4R Designated Retailer.
In addition to being recognized as a leader in the ag retail industry, the winner receives an award plaque to display at their office, $1,000 prize, a 1-page article featured in the CAAR Communicator and CAAR Network, and is also inducted into the CAAR Awards honour roll.
Click here to complete the online nomination form for someone on your team to be recognized for the 4R Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award.
1. Staff is knowledgeable, qualified and trained in 4R Nutrient Stewardship
The nominee must demonstrate a significant commitment to developing 4R Nutrient Stewardship expertise. (For example, signing up to become a 4R Designated retailer, certification of 4R Agronomists on Fertilizer Canada’s platform).
2. Integration of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in fertilizer recommendations and application
The nominee incorporates key scientific principles of 4R Nutrient Stewardship – including the Right Source @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place® - into nutrient management planning with customers.
3. Involvement with 4R Nutrient Stewardship stakeholders such as watershed groups, community leaders, farm groups
The nominee and staff are engaged in the economic, environmental, and social issues relevant to making agriculture more sustainable in the area served. (For example, making 4R Nutrient Stewardship presentations to local groups or hosting 4R Nutrient Stewardship training sessions for producers.)
4. Promotion of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in the community
The nominee has been proactive and creative in telling the story of agricultural sustainability and awareness of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in the farming and non-farming community, and among young people.
To nominate someone for this award, click here to fill out the online form by Friday, December 16, 2022.
- CAAR News CAAR is commited to: Unite, Educate & Advocate Thank you for renewing your CAAR Membership! CAAR is newly committed to the following pillars: Unite CAAR is the only national association that exclusively rep...
- CAAR News CAAR membership renewal, investment fundraising & Perk$ 2023/24 Membership Renewal Reminder CAAR’s 2023/24 membership renewal notices will be sent out on June 1, 2023. Fees remain unchanged and will continue ...
- Calculate your way to success with the eKonomics app Farm success depends on a variety of factors. From weather to nutrient management, managing the endless stream of information out there can be challenging, but that’s where eKonomics can help. (Sponsored Content) ...
- CAAR News No Concerns with New Pesticides & Ag Plastic in Québec Changes No Concerns with New Pesticides The Market Access Committee has released information about new pesticides in corn and soy that will be launched f...
- Meet your 2022-23 CAAR Board of Directors Get to know Board members: Wes Arnfinson, Eric Gregory, Martin Kiefer, Darrel Knight, Stan Loewen, Taylor Olsen, Stu Rasmussen, Scott Russell, Craig Senchuk, and Stewart Whillans. The Board of Directors will cont...