The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as Administrative Operations Manager in our downtown Winnipeg office. If you know someone who might fit the position, please share this information with them.
CAAR’s values can be summarized in three words: produce, protect, and proud. As the only Canadian national agri-retail association, we are a member-driven organization that delivers programs and services, protects members’ rights and interests, and is a proud, active supporter of the agriculture industry. CAAR represents agri-retailers who actively support Canadian growers in producing the highest quality food possible by protecting food quality, farm productivity, and the long-term sustainability of our industry.
While this role is designed to be self-managed, we work in an interdisciplinary team fashion, with many crossovers and collaborations in our daily tasks. The ideal candidate will have stellar interpersonal and customer service skills, a basic understanding of Accounting principles and procedures, and the creative drive to take on new challenges.
This is a full-time, on-site position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Operations Manager is primarily responsible for reconciliations, including the organization’s payables and receivables, overseeing online and in-person training courses via caar.org, managing the CAAR’s membership roster, and establishing and maintaining relationships with CAARPerk$ partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Invoicing (using QuickBooks Online), bank deposits, online and offline payments, record-keeping, collections, database management, and other duties as required.
- Manage client inquiries and identify and address account discrepancies.
- Prepare bulk training invoices and support the reconciliation of training invoices and receipts.
- Prepare all invoices (membership, training, conference, etc.) and deposit slips.
- Review monthly third-party advertising revenue.
- Oversee, develop, and maintain course material for all online, print, and in-person training.
- Work with training partners to maintain and update content.
- Create and maintain training records, including an electronic database and filing system.
- Apply for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) accreditation for CAAR training courses and events.
- Create and maintain a certification reminder system for trainees to help them maintain their current certification.
- Develop reporting procedures and regularly report on the performance and uptake of training programs.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop and execute advertising for training programs.
- Assist the CAAR management team in developing and executing a strategy to grow and improve training program uptake.
- Coordinate member onboarding and cancellation procedures, recruitment, retention, and outreach programs.
- Develop reporting procedures and regularly report on the performance and uptake of CAAR membership.
- Coordinate and share membership research and recommendations based on reporting from training, CAAR Perk$, and staffing programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with CAAR Perk$ partners.
- Develop a regular reporting system from CAAR Perk$ partners on program uptake and performance.
- Assist the CAAR management team in developing and executing a strategy to grow and improve CAAR Perk$ program uptake and performance.
- Inventory management.
- Act as a backup in the completion of orders
- Be the first point of contact for visitors and general phone calls, providing professional, friendly, and timely customer service to CAAR members, service providers, board members, and staff.
- Serve as a backup in database management for all systems
- Manage the needs of the office, including relationships with the building manager, service providers, IT support, and suppliers
- Coordinate assistance with grant applications and track applications
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or appropriate discipline (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with Intuit QuickBooks is considered an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong ability to problem-solve & streamline processes
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
We thank all applicants, but only those meeting the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
CAAR is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic outlined by federal or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. CAAR makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.