Spring is upon us and that means you will be receiving your April 2023 issue of CAAR Communicator soon. Feature articles include "The Barton Report & Current Policy" and "Blinded by Science"
"The Barton Report & Current Policy" highlights the presentation by Stuart Smyth at the 2023 CAAR Conference in Edmonton, reviewing how the 2017 Barton Report fits within current federal government policy changes, and asks if it still allows Canada to remain active in growing innovative opportunities? We have also included the article in this newsletter.
Blinded by Science questions whether Canada Chief Science Adviser needs to use science when making policy decisions.
The April CAAR Communicator articles are now also available online, don't miss Executive Director's Mitch Rezansoff's thoughts on whether or not net zero agriculture production is achievable . Don't miss:
- Is net zero agriculture production achievable?
- Strategies to support your intern
- Early season pest control for growers
- CAAR Award Winners
- Agronomist of the Year: Rahul Patel, Pioneer Cooperative Unlimited Association
- Retailer of the Year Award: Blair's Family of Companies
- Chairman's Award: Ray Redfern & Redfern Farm Services
- Retailer Hall of Fame Award: Garth MacDonald of G-Mas Ag Team
- Is Canada using science or not for decision-making?
- Early season pest control for Ontario soybeans growers
- Port of Montreal to add new grain Terminal Equipment
- Grain trains doing the job
- CAAR News
If some of your team members are not receiving the CAAR Communicator Magazine and you would like them to, please contact Nikeisha Paul-Hunnighan at 204-989-9313.
- Canada dry—and not the good kind A not-so-refreshing look at the drought conditions affecting most Canadian farming sectors. By Andrew Joseph, Editor July 2023 began with consecutive days of what has been described as being the hottest day the E...
- Reconciling the Barton Report with Recent Proposed Policy Changes Dr. Stuart Smyth said that environmental sustainability is more important than economic sustainability By Dr. Stuart Smyth, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Saskatchewan At the 202...
- It’s raining success! Learn who took home awards presented at the 2023 CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. Agronomist of the Year – sponsored by BASF Winner: Rahul Patel of Pioneer Cooperative Unlimited Association The 2022 Agronomist of ...
- Grain trains doing the job CN and CP have moved a lot of grain this season—but could they do better? By Andrew Joseph, Editor While the adage “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” is true, the opposite is as well. Over the past few years, the...
- Strategies to support your intern Are you considering a summer intern? Do you already have one lined up? By AgCareers.com Are you considering a summer intern? Do you already have one lined up? A summer internship is a professional learning exper...