CleanFARMS is running a free obsolete pesticide and livestock medication collection program in Manitoba from Oct. 24-28.
Farmers and other users are encouraged to bring in an agricultural pesticide or livestock medication (no needles/sharps) into any of the 19 designated agri-retail collection locations during the collection period. A licensed waste hauler will safely manage the products and send them for environmentally responsible disposal via high temperature incineration.
The obsolete pesticide and livestock medication collection program is funded by the registrants/manufacturers of the products as part of their commitment to product stewardship. The program is delivered in each region of the country every three years. Since the program was first delivered in 1998, more than 2.4 million kilograms of pesticide have been collected and safely disposed of.
Participants can drop off their pesticides and livestock medication at the following CAAR member locations:
- Richardson Pioneer (Swan River, Shoal Lake, Steinbach)
- Dauphin Co-op (Dauphin)
- RedFern Farm Services Ltd. (Virden)
- GJ Chemical Company Ltd. (Altona, Arnaud)
- Double Diamond Farm Supply (Snowflake)
- Paterson Grain (Niverville, Holland)
- Portage Co-op (Portage La Prairie)
Visit www.cleanfarms.ca for more information.
- A Persistent Perception Challenge Pesticides have a perception issue, which is a challenge for agriculture. The distance between Canadian consumers and the production of their food is growing wider, but the collective public opinions consumers hol...
- CAAR Urges Member Responses to PMRA’s Proposed Ban CAAR is one of several industry groups forming a unified coalition to respond to the PMRA’s proposed decisions on Clothianidin and Thiamethoxam that were announced August 15. Together, this group has formed a seri...
- Saskatchewan Farmers Invited to Safely Dispose of Pesticides and Livestock Medications In partnership with the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI), CleanFARMS is inviting Saskatchewan farmers to safely dispose of their obsolete pesticides and livestock medications from Oct. 23 – 27. The obsolete...
- CSTA - Update on Imidacloprid Since the Trade Winds note and Issues Alert to members, CSTA staff have been working closely with their value chain partners to ensure a collaborative and fulsome response to PMRA's proposed decision to phase out the...
- Webinar: Helping Canada Grow - Jan. 25, 2017 Plant science technologies are helping grow the economy, protect the environment and build stronger communities across Canada. For example, did you know that without pesticides and plant biotechnology, Canada woul...