CleanFARMS is running a free obsolete pesticide and livestock medication collection program in Manitoba from Oct. 24-28.
Farmers and other users are encouraged to bring in an agricultural pesticide or livestock medication (no needles/sharps) into any of the 19 designated agri-retail collection locations during the collection period. A licensed waste hauler will safely manage the products and send them for environmentally responsible disposal via high temperature incineration.
The obsolete pesticide and livestock medication collection program is funded by the registrants/manufacturers of the products as part of their commitment to product stewardship. The program is delivered in each region of the country every three years. Since the program was first delivered in 1998, more than 2.4 million kilograms of pesticide have been collected and safely disposed of.
Participants can drop off their pesticides and livestock medication at the following CAAR member locations:
- Richardson Pioneer (Swan River, Shoal Lake, Steinbach)
- Dauphin Co-op (Dauphin)
- RedFern Farm Services Ltd. (Virden)
- GJ Chemical Company Ltd. (Altona, Arnaud)
- Double Diamond Farm Supply (Snowflake)
- Paterson Grain (Niverville, Holland)
- Portage Co-op (Portage La Prairie)
Click here for a full list of all participating agri-retail locations.
Visit www.cleanfarms.ca for more information.
- CAAR News No Concerns with New Pesticides & Ag Plastic in Québec Changes No Concerns with New Pesticides The Market Access Committee has released information about new pesticides in corn and soy that will be launched f...
- No Trade Concerns with Use of New Pesticides Available in 2023 The Market Access Committee has released information about new pesticides in corn and soy that are to be launched for the 2023 crop season. The committee stated that is has no trade concerns with the use of five new ...
- Prairie Certified Crop Advisors release Exam Tutorials In addition to the recent launch of an Online Study Guide for both the International and Prairie Board CCA exams, the Prairie Certified Crop Advisor Board Exam Committee has put together a series of four online live ...
- FMC Canada Announces New Country Manager Devron McLeod will leverage his sales and marketing experience in the agriculture industry to lead FMC in Canada Devron McLeod is joining FMC as the new Country Manager, Canada. He takes over from Darren Dillenbec...
- A snapshot of EPR obligations on ag plastics in Quebec As previously reported in CAAR Network, in June 2022, Quebec’s Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques implemented regulations regarding the recovery and reclamation of products...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.