Think you know what to expect at the upcoming 2017 CAAR Conference? Think again! Here's what to look forward to in February.
1. Stellar Speakers for Agri-Retailers
The CAAR Conference brings together innovators and game-changers from across the country together to share their agri-retail specific knowledge and know-how. As the only national agri-retailer conference in Canada, this event is a once in a year opportunity to immerse yourself in the ideas, experience and input of your peers and industry leaders. Click here for more information on our conference speakers.
2. Celebrate Canadian Ag Day with CAAR
We are excited to share our love of Canadian agriculture with you and we invite you to join us as we celebrate the first annual Canadian Agricultural Day on Feb. 16, 2017. Enjoy a delicious breakfast with conference attendees and celebrate the industry we all know and love. Tweet to share your excitement! #CAARcon #CdnAgDay.
The CAAR Conference is offering two spectacular workshops featuring speakers from Performance Strategies, on February 14: "Get the Most Out of Your People" and "Selling Breakthroughs". Don't miss out on these opportunities to expand your knowledge, grow your business and learn from top industry experts! Click here for more information on conference workshops.
4. The Tradeshow
The tradeshow floor is the perfect place to see the latest advancements in technology and get information directly from suppliers and industry experts. We’ve designed our tradeshow floor to be the hub of activity at the conference, the place to see and be seen. Click here for more information on the tradeshow, and participating exhibitors.
5. The Innovation Showdown
The Innovation Showdown is one of the most exciting new additions to the CAAR Conference. Ten exhibitors have two minutes each to showcase their ideas in their own creative, out-of-the-box way. What you’ll see will be a surprise right up until you see it!
6. CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
Take advantage of the opportunity to plan your purchases while supporting CAAR. Always a lively and raucous affair, the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction supports a wide range of initiatives that focus on strengthening the Canadian ag industry. Raise your hand to bid on the great auction items generously donated by CAAR members as they are called out by our always entertaining auctioneers, Dallas Baillie and Sheldon Matsalla.
7. CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet
This year marks the 10th anniversary of CAAR shining the spotlight on the best and brightest of the agri-retail industry. Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments, dedication and leadership of your fellow agri-retailers.
8. Darrin Rose
The CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet entertainment will have you in stitches. Darrin Rose has been called “one of the hottest comedians in Canada” by GQ magazine, and you may recognize him as the host of Match Game on The Comedy Network, or as Bill the bartender on the CBC sitcom “Mr. D”.
9. Earn CEUs
Conference delegates can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) just by attending the conference, with additional credits available to Retail Workshop and Sales Workshop attendees. Issuing organizations include CAFA, CCA, CCSC and SIA. Click here for the complete list of available CEUs.
10. Network and Build Your Relationships
Our industry is known for maintaining relationships over many generations and many miles, and the conference provides the perfect opportunity to meet with colleagues old and new, face-to-face. Be your own brand ambassador and share the latest news about your company with the many people you'll meet at the CAAR Conference. Plan your conference experience wisely, because there's lots to take in and you'll want to be a part of it!
BONUS REASON! It's in Banff
Banff is one of Canada’s national treasures and a winter playground that offers unparalleled winter activities, sight-seeing and dining. Celebrate Canada's 150th in this picturesque resort town nestled in the heart of the Rockies. A UNESCO World Heritage Site boasting majestic natural scenery, Banff is a must visit destination. Make your visit coincide with the 2017 CAAR Conference!
What are you looking forward to most at the CAAR Conference? Tweet us @CdnAgRetail with the hashtag #CAARcon or login to comment. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Thanks for attending! 2023 CAAR Conference in Edmonton a success. After another successful CAAR Conference, we wanted to thank everyone who attended, provided auction donations, and helped sponsor the event. 2023 CAAR Conference, Chal...
- 2023 CAAR Conference Registration Now Open Registration for the 2023 CAAR Conference Challenges & Opportunities Ahead! is now open. The in-person 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be held at the Westin Edmonton in Alberta, February 6 to 8, 202...
- Will the Pro-Ag Investments Auction surpass the $75K mark? The 2023 CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction is back! The online auction will take place during the 2023 CAAR Conference. Last year the Auction raised $75,000. The Pro-Ag Investment Auction is held annually to suppor...
- Pro-Ag Investments Auction: Will you be a Donor or Bidder or both? The 2023 CAAR’s Pro-Ag Investments Auction will be online again this year, held during the CAAR Conference (Feb 7 to 9, 2023). You can support your association’s advocacy efforts by taking part as a donor or bidder...
- 2023 CAAR Conference: Challenges & Opportunities Ahead CAAR is please to share the 2023 CAAR Conference theme will be Challenges & Opportunities Ahead! The 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be hosted in-person at the Westin Edmonton in Alberta, February 6...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.