This updated training course on the safe handling of anhydrous ammonia gives producers the certification, skills and knowledge to properly handle and transport this chemical on their operations.
Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer
The course covers everything farmers need to know about the transport and safe-handling of anhydrous ammonia on the farm. Participants will learn about several topics, including: safe-handling and characteristics of ammonia, first aid procedures in case of emergency, maintenance of nurse tank and applicator unit, connection and disconnection of nurse tank to the applicator and so much more. The course will also cover the Transportation of Dangerous Goods legislation and WHMIS procedures.
The course also includes a brand-new Safety and the Farmer downloadable booklet, which includes the most recent updates to the TDG Regulations in Module 7 (Emergency response and incident reporting) and discusses the three types of reporting:
i) Emergency (Immediate)
ii) Release or Anticipated Release
iii) Follow Up
Successful trainees will receive a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate, signifying they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)). The certificate is valid for three years, and interested participants can register for the course, free of charge!
This course is supported by Fertilizer Canada and is available both online and through in-person training.
Click here to register for the Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer training course.
- CAAR's Industry Committee Participation As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring y...
- Register Non-Member Branch Locations Today! Is each of your company’s locations represented through CAAR membership? By registering all of your company’s non-member branch locations, you can ensure they are covered by CAAR’s advocacy and regulatory support, tr...
- CAAR Membership: Renew Today Now’s the time to renew your CAAR membership for the 2019-2020 season! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you have an advocate with a u...
- Stock Up on Spring Essentials CAAR Mart makes it easy for ag retailers to order essential items to support their operation’s safety, compliance and training with special pricing available for members. Read more for a selection of merchandise avai...
- Be Safe, Stay Safe – Training Opportunities for Retailers With the start of another growing season comes the need for a renewed vigilance to safety and awareness. CAAR has a number of resources available to keep you, your employees, your customers and the general public saf...