CAAR extends a warm welcome to its 2018-19 Board of Directors, including new members Taylor Olsen from Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd., and Catherine Douglas from Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
The board, composed of representatives from CAAR’s retailer and supplier members from across Canada, was confirmed during the 2018 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Working together with CAAR’s newly appointed Executive Director, Mitch Rezansoff, it will guide the association’s activities in 2018 and beyond.
Former Finance Chair, Don Kitson, looks forward to continuing his work with CAAR in his new role as Board Chair, and sees the association as both an industry advocate and a vital link connecting agri-retailers to other industry stakeholders.
“We want to help retailers do their jobs,” says Kitson. “There are a lot of safety and government regulations with some of our products. Retailers need to be aware of them and know where they can get training and how to comply. CAAR helps by representing their interests with governments and keeps communication flowing with associations like Fertilizer Canada and CropLife Canada.”
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2018-19 Board of Directors by region:
• Stan Loewen, Terralink Horticulture Inc.
Membership Value Chair
• David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
• Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
• Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
• Catherine Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
• Luke Burton, J.R. Simplot Company
• Grant Larocque, Orchard Transport Ltd.
• David Strilchuk, FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada
• Jeff Wildeman, Cargill Ltd.
• Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
• Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
• Tom Hamilton, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
• Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
• Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
• Drew Taylor, Yargus Manufacturing, Inc.
CAAR wishes to thank retiring board members Reiny Kristel of CHS Inc., Patrick Bergermann of Federated Co-operatives Ltd., and Todd Hyra of SeCan Association for their guidance, expertise and contributions to CAAR during their terms.
- 2023-24 Membership Renewal is Underway CAAR membership renewals have been sent. Please renew, your membership directly contributes to CAAR’s advocacy activities, industry initiatives, agriculture scholarships, upgrades to existing programs and services, ...
- 2024 CAAR Conference*** This is the official page of the 2024 CAAR Conference! The 2024 CAAR Annual Conference - New Dates and Thrilling Updates! CAAR has some exciting news to share regarding our upcoming annual conference – a gathe...
- Sollio Agriculture sustainable fertilizer project wins Bioenterprise challenge Sollio Agriculture recently announced that its new CRF AgriTech plant in St. Thomas, Ont. has received a $154,000 grant to accelerate production as part of the Bioenterprise Fertilizer Accelerating Solutions & Te...
- The Resiliency of Canadian Ag Production It has been three long years since I last attended an indoor farm show. Yesterday, I travelled to Brandon, Manitoba for the opening day of 2023 Manitoba Ag Days. It has been three long years since I last attended ...
- Three reasons to attend the 2023 CAAR Conference Three sessions at the 2023 CAAR Conference, February 6 to 8, 2023, that will help you prepare for the Challenges & Opportunities Ahead! The 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be hosted in-person at t...