CAAR extends a warm welcome to its 2018-19 Board of Directors, including new members Taylor Olsen from Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd., and Catherine Douglas from Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
The board, composed of representatives from CAAR’s retailer and supplier members from across Canada, was confirmed during the 2018 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Working together with CAAR’s newly appointed Executive Director, Mitch Rezansoff, it will guide the association’s activities in 2018 and beyond.
Former Finance Chair, Don Kitson, looks forward to continuing his work with CAAR in his new role as Board Chair, and sees the association as both an industry advocate and a vital link connecting agri-retailers to other industry stakeholders.
“We want to help retailers do their jobs,” says Kitson. “There are a lot of safety and government regulations with some of our products. Retailers need to be aware of them and know where they can get training and how to comply. CAAR helps by representing their interests with governments and keeps communication flowing with associations like Fertilizer Canada and CropLife Canada.”
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2018-19 Board of Directors by region:
• Stan Loewen, Terralink Horticulture Inc.
Membership Value Chair
• David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
• Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
• Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
• Catherine Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
• Luke Burton, J.R. Simplot Company
• Grant Larocque, Orchard Transport Ltd.
• David Strilchuk, FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada
• Jeff Wildeman, Cargill Ltd.
• Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
• Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
• Tom Hamilton, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
• Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
• Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
• Drew Taylor, Yargus Manufacturing, Inc.
CAAR wishes to thank retiring board members Reiny Kristel of CHS Inc., Patrick Bergermann of Federated Co-operatives Ltd., and Todd Hyra of SeCan Association for their guidance, expertise and contributions to CAAR during their terms.
- CAAR Members Give Back Through the Thank-A-Retailer Contest CAAR congratulates Prairie Giants Crop Supply (Inglis, Man.) and Sharpe’s Crop Services (Moosomin, Sask.) for their recent wins in ADAMA’s Thank-a-Retailer Community Contest! Both retailers received $15,000 to suppor...
- Reminder to Fill Out Your CAAR Conference Survey Calling all 2020 CAAR Conference delegates: remember to provide your feedback on the event for your chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. Check your email inbox for a link to fill out CAAR’s Post-Conference Survey. Don...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap From informative industry updates to the closing keynote address, the second full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference left delegates with plenty to think about. Here are some of the highlights from Day Three: Industry...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day One Recap The 2020 CAAR Conference kicked-off in style this evening at the annual Icebreaker Cocktail Reception. The mood was festive as conference delegates and exhibitors gathered at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Sask. to break th...
- Get Social at #CAARcon2020 When you take your conference experience online, you expand your networking opportunities and enhance your industry presence. So, let’s get ready to get social at the 2020 CAAR Conference! Attending the CAAR confe...