CAAR extends a warm welcome to its 2018-19 Board of Directors, including new members Taylor Olsen from Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd., and Catherine Douglas from Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
The board, composed of representatives from CAAR’s retailer and supplier members from across Canada, was confirmed during the 2018 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Working together with CAAR’s newly appointed Executive Director, Mitch Rezansoff, it will guide the association’s activities in 2018 and beyond.
Former Finance Chair, Don Kitson, looks forward to continuing his work with CAAR in his new role as Board Chair, and sees the association as both an industry advocate and a vital link connecting agri-retailers to other industry stakeholders.
“We want to help retailers do their jobs,” says Kitson. “There are a lot of safety and government regulations with some of our products. Retailers need to be aware of them and know where they can get training and how to comply. CAAR helps by representing their interests with governments and keeps communication flowing with associations like Fertilizer Canada and CropLife Canada.”
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2018-19 Board of Directors by region:
• Stan Loewen, Terralink Horticulture Inc.
Membership Value Chair
• David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
• Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
• Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
• Catherine Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
• Luke Burton, J.R. Simplot Company
• Grant Larocque, Orchard Transport Ltd.
• David Strilchuk, FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada
• Jeff Wildeman, Cargill Ltd.
• Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
• Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
• Tom Hamilton, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
• Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
• Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
• Drew Taylor, Yargus Manufacturing, Inc.
CAAR wishes to thank retiring board members Reiny Kristel of CHS Inc., Patrick Bergermann of Federated Co-operatives Ltd., and Todd Hyra of SeCan Association for their guidance, expertise and contributions to CAAR during their terms.
- Have You Renewed Your CAAR Membership? Renew your CAAR membership for the 2018-2019 season today! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you always have an advocate with a unifie...
- Have Your Say – Take the CAAR Member Survey Today Shape future programming and services offered by your retail association by offering your feedback, insight and ideas. By assessing both current and potential future services, as well as gaining insight on regula...
- Tell Us What You Think – CAAR Member Survey Now Available The annual CAAR member survey, designed to get critical feedback from CAAR members to help shape the future strategic goals and operating business plans of the association, is now available. By assessing both curr...
- CAAR Perk$ Spotlight: Humaniqa You have a lot to think about when it comes to running your business, but the right tools can improve efficiency and bring you peace of mind. Humaniqa, offered through the CAAR Perk$ program, makes handling human re...
- Thank You For Conserving Canada’s Soil During National Soil Conservation Week, CAAR would like to thank our members for their dedication to helping their customers make the best decisions on their operations to protect our soils for the next generations. ...