CAAR extends a warm welcome to its 2018-19 Board of Directors, including new members Taylor Olsen from Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd., and Catherine Douglas from Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
The board, composed of representatives from CAAR’s retailer and supplier members from across Canada, was confirmed during the 2018 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Working together with CAAR’s newly appointed Executive Director, Mitch Rezansoff, it will guide the association’s activities in 2018 and beyond.
Former Finance Chair, Don Kitson, looks forward to continuing his work with CAAR in his new role as Board Chair, and sees the association as both an industry advocate and a vital link connecting agri-retailers to other industry stakeholders.
“We want to help retailers do their jobs,” says Kitson. “There are a lot of safety and government regulations with some of our products. Retailers need to be aware of them and know where they can get training and how to comply. CAAR helps by representing their interests with governments and keeps communication flowing with associations like Fertilizer Canada and CropLife Canada.”
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2018-19 Board of Directors by region:
• Stan Loewen, Terralink Horticulture Inc.
Membership Value Chair
• David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
• Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
• Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
• Catherine Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
• Luke Burton, J.R. Simplot Company
• Grant Larocque, Orchard Transport Ltd.
• David Strilchuk, FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada
• Jeff Wildeman, Cargill Ltd.
• Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
• Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
• Tom Hamilton, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
• Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
• Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
• Drew Taylor, Yargus Manufacturing, Inc.
CAAR wishes to thank retiring board members Reiny Kristel of CHS Inc., Patrick Bergermann of Federated Co-operatives Ltd., and Todd Hyra of SeCan Association for their guidance, expertise and contributions to CAAR during their terms.
- Exhibit at the 2020 CAAR Conference: Book Your Booth Today! Exhibitor Registration is officially open for the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, SK. Book your space early for CAAR’s 25th anniversary conference and secure your company’s spot at the premiere conference for Cana...
- Panel Discussion: Farmer Forum Three Manitoba farmers share challenges and opportunities for their farms and how they want to work with their ag retailers. From left to right: Danny PennerLetellier, Man.Penner is a third-generation farmer. Alo...
- CAAR Conference Celebrating 25 years of bringing CAAR members together! Canadian agriculture has seen tremendous evolution and change over the past quarter century, and CAAR members have been there every step of the way; helping ...
- Panel Discussion: Mergers and Acquisitions Four industry leaders provided their insight into the recent wave of mergers and acquisitions and shared their advice for ag retailers during the 2019 CAAR Conference. From left to right: Al DriverBayer CropScien...
- Chairman's Award: Grant Larocque When selecting the 2018 Chairman’s Award recipient, CAAR board chair Don Kitson knew the award needed to go to Grant Larocque, a long-time board member and ardent association supporter. Grant Larocque, Orchard Tra...