CAAR is pleased to announce that it has completed updates to the Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course.
Based on user feedback, CAAR undertook updates to its’ popular Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course. In an effort to ensure inclusivity and to improve user experience, CAAR has added audio to the online course. Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
CAAR Members Save on Registration
CAAR is committed to member value and provides this training to its members at a discounted rate of $95.00.
- Save the Date for the 2019 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars for the 2019 CAAR Conference, Feb. 12-14 in Winnipeg, MB! After the success of the 2018 conference in Saskatoon, SK, the conference planning committee is already hard at work putting together the ...
- CAAR Member Survey Is Coming CAAR is pleased to announce the next phase in its strategic overview and planning process – the annual CAAR member survey. Launching this month, the survey is designed to get critical feedback from CAAR members to he...
- CAAR Perk$ Spotlight: Humaniqa You have a lot to think about when it comes to running your business, but the right tools can improve efficiency and bring you peace of mind. Humaniqa, offered through the CAAR Perk$ program, makes handling human re...
- Member Alert: Update on CAAR’s Equivalency Certificate and Temporary Certificate *Note: this article contains the most up to date information on CAAR’s Equivalency and Temporary Certificates regarding the B620/622 changes. In the case of discrepancy, please disregard previous information. Canadi...
- CAAR Conference Photo Gallery Now Online! Relive the highlights from the Agri-retail Event of the Year – the 2018 CAAR Conference photo gallery is now online! Featuring 10 informative speaker sessions and two and a half days of networking, The CAAR Conferenc...