*Note: this article contains the most up to date information on CAAR’s Equivalency and Temporary Certificates regarding the B620/622 changes. In the case of discrepancy, please disregard previous information.
Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) has received a revised Equivalency Certificate (SH11960.1) and a revised Temporary Certificate (TH 0653.1) to provide compliance relief on the hydrostatic testing requirements on nurse tanks.
The application of both certificates has changed. The certificates now includes non-member owned tanks such as those tanks owned by farmers, so long as they are filled by members of CAAR.
CAAR’s Equivalency and Temporary Certificates each captures the following users:
- The members of CAAR and their clients;
- Any person using a CAAR member-owned tank or a CAAR member-leased tank, or
- Any person on behalf of the members of CAAR.
This change will significantly facilitate the inclusion of tanks that are filled by CAAR members who will ensure that the conditions of the equivalency certificate and temporary certificate are met.
The definition of client as stated by Transport Canada is:
- A farmer, who is not a member of CAAR, gets his or her tank filled by a member of CAAR;
- A farmer, who is not a member of CAAR, enters into an agreement with a member of CAAR to transport his or her tank to and from the retailer for filling;
- A farmer, who is not a member of CAAR, enters into an agreement with a member of CAAR to store his or her tanks during the off-season.
In all the examples above, the farmer would be considered a “client” of the CAAR member.
This change (i.e. adding, “and their clients”) does NOT cover situations where the farmer interacts with a person who is NOT a member of CAAR. For these situations, the farmer has four options:
- Apply for their own equivalency and/or temporary certificate;
- Request the non-member retailer, who is interacting with the farmer, becomes a member of CAAR;
- Interact with a member of CAAR to invoke the notion of “clients” as indicated in the certificate, or
- Comply with the TDG Act, Regulations and Standards as they are currently written.
CAAR members download the updated certificates below:
Equivalency Certificate SH 11960.1
Certificat d’équivalence SH 11960.1
Temporary Certificate TH 0653.1
Please note that CAAR membership is a requirement for use of these certificates.
Benefits of CAAR Membership
As the national advocate for Canada’s agri-retailers, CAAR’s involvement on critical issues affecting your business is necessary to ensure the long term sustainability of the industry. CAAR’s advocacy efforts are supported through membership and furthered through industry collaboration.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the coordinates below.
- Share Your Customer Appreciation Events Nobody appreciates their customers like CAAR members! If you’re having a special customer appreciation event this summer, share the photos with your association. Read more for details. Our members are known for sh...
- Register Non-Member Branch Locations Today! Is each of your company’s locations represented through CAAR membership? By registering all of your company’s non-member branch locations, you can ensure they are covered by CAAR’s advocacy and regulatory support, tr...
- Mitch Rezansoff Attends Fertilizer Canada’s Parliamentary Forum CAAR Executive Director Mitch Rezansoff travelled to Ottawa to meet with Members of Parliament and industry colleagues during Fertilizer Canada’s annual Parliamentary Forum from April 9-10. Read more for a summary of...
- CAAR Perk$ Spotlight: West Can Group CAAR membership pays off – members receive access to savings and exclusive services through the CAAR Perk$ program. Read more to learn how your business can save costs through West Can Group, a proudly Canadian, Mani...
- CAAR Welcomes Scott Van Alstyne CAAR is pleased to welcome Scott Van Alstyne to the team in the role of sales and marketing manager. Scott brings over three decades of experience working in various sectors of the ag industry to the position. Bef...