*Note: this article contains the most up to date information on CAAR’s Equivalency and Temporary Certificates regarding the B620/622 changes. In the case of discrepancy, please disregard previous information.
Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) has received a revised Equivalency Certificate (SH11960.1) and a revised Temporary Certificate (TH 0653.1) to provide compliance relief on the hydrostatic testing requirements on nurse tanks.
The application of both certificates has changed. The certificates now includes non-member owned tanks such as those tanks owned by farmers, so long as they are filled by members of CAAR.
CAAR’s Equivalency and Temporary Certificates each captures the following users:
- The members of CAAR and their clients;
- Any person using a CAAR member-owned tank or a CAAR member-leased tank, or
- Any person on behalf of the members of CAAR.
This change will significantly facilitate the inclusion of tanks that are filled by CAAR members who will ensure that the conditions of the equivalency certificate and temporary certificate are met.
The definition of client as stated by Transport Canada is:
- A farmer, who is not a member of CAAR, gets his or her tank filled by a member of CAAR;
- A farmer, who is not a member of CAAR, enters into an agreement with a member of CAAR to transport his or her tank to and from the retailer for filling;
- A farmer, who is not a member of CAAR, enters into an agreement with a member of CAAR to store his or her tanks during the off-season.
In all the examples above, the farmer would be considered a “client” of the CAAR member.
This change (i.e. adding, “and their clients”) does NOT cover situations where the farmer interacts with a person who is NOT a member of CAAR. For these situations, the farmer has four options:
- Apply for their own equivalency and/or temporary certificate;
- Request the non-member retailer, who is interacting with the farmer, becomes a member of CAAR;
- Interact with a member of CAAR to invoke the notion of “clients” as indicated in the certificate, or
- Comply with the TDG Act, Regulations and Standards as they are currently written.
CAAR members download the updated certificates below:
Equivalency Certificate SH 11960.1
Certificat d’équivalence SH 11960.1
Temporary Certificate TH 0653.1
Please note that CAAR membership is a requirement for use of these certificates.
Benefits of CAAR Membership
As the national advocate for Canada’s agri-retailers, CAAR’s involvement on critical issues affecting your business is necessary to ensure the long term sustainability of the industry. CAAR’s advocacy efforts are supported through membership and furthered through industry collaboration.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the coordinates below.
- CAAR welcomes LeftField Commodity Research as a CAAR Perk$ Partner CAAR welcomes LeftField Commodity Research as a CAAR Perk$ Partner. Leftfield is eager to assist agri-retailers in providing added value to their customers and to strengthen relationships between ag retailers and the...
- CAAR Volunteers Drive Advocacy CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business. CAAR strives to bring your perspective - the perspective of ag retailers - to regulators before decisions are made, and CAAR works to e...
- Happy New Year! CAAR thanks you for your continued support of the association. We’re looking forward to serving you again in 2022! Membership with CAAR is an investment and solidifies not only the strength, but the long-term sust...
- 2021-22 Membership Renewal is Underway CAAR would like to thank all members who have already paid their membership fees for 2021-22! CAAR is the only national association representing the interests of and addressing critical issues facing ag retailers ...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2021) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from January to March 2021. View CAAR's Q1 Quart...