Renew your CAAR membership for the 2018-2019 season today! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you always have an advocate with a unified voice on your side. Read more for the great benefits of CAAR membership.
Advocacy and Compliance
Ag retailers must demonstrate and document their compliance with federal, provincial, municipal and county regulations. CAAR advocates on your behalf in discussions with government on regulatory issues. In 2018, CAAR successfully secured Equivalency and Temporary Certificates to provide its members with compliance relief on updated hydrostatic testing requirements on nurse tanks.
Resources for Retailers
Through CAAR Training, CAAR Perk$ and CAAR Mart, members receive the resources they need to keep on top of considerations that are imperative for ag retailers including safety training, human resources management and facility signage. These services make it that much more convenient for CAAR members to keep their operations running smoothly.
The CAAR Conference
The annual CAAR Conference is the leading business event for ag retailers, bringing together retailers from across Canada for two-and-a-half days of outstanding networking and education opportunities. Featuring a tradeshow floor with the latest in products and services from our suppliers, illuminating speaker sessions and exciting events like CAAR’s Pro-Ag Investments Auction and the Innovation Showdown, you won’t want to miss the 2019 CAAR Conference in Winnipeg. CAAR members receive exceptional value on retailer, exhibitor and supplier passes.
How can ag retailers stand out in the crowd? Along with its offerings of professional development, education and learning opportunities to gain competitive edge and differentiate your business, CAAR recognizes members through its annual CAAR’s Choice Awards program. With categories for individuals and companies, the CAAR’s Choice Awards recognize agri-retailers for their business excellent, commitment to environmental-stewardship best practices and support for their communities and the industry. Only CAAR members are eligible for these prestigious awards.
- Is Your Retail Pursuing Transport Canada Visual Inspection Facility Certification? Take the latest member poll on caar.org to share your views with CAAR, allowing your association to gain a better understanding of member priorities. In this poll, CAAR is asking its members: Is your retail plann...
- CAAR's 2017-18 Year At-A-Glance CAAR has released its annual Year At-A-Glance to give you a snapshot of how your membership dollars were put to work this past year supporting programming, services and advocacy. As the only national association f...
- Member Alert: CFIA Releases Report on Genetically Modified Wheat CAAR is alerting its members of an important issue. On June 14, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) released a report regarding a small number of glyphosate-tolerant wheat plants found in Southern Alberta. ...
- Have Your Say – Take the CAAR Member Survey Today Shape future programming and services offered by your retail association by offering your feedback, insight and ideas. By assessing both current and potential future services, as well as gaining insight on regula...
- Tell Us What You Think – CAAR Member Survey Now Available The annual CAAR member survey, designed to get critical feedback from CAAR members to help shape the future strategic goals and operating business plans of the association, is now available. By assessing both curr...