The August 2018 issue of The Communicator magazine is coming soon online and in your mailbox! Keep reading to see what you can expect from the latest issue of your association’s magazine.
CAAR member Pattison Liquid Systems has developed a 120-ft autonomous sprayer that pairs with the DOT Power Platform. The August issue’s lead story examines the technology looks at the implications an autonomous sprayer has for the ag retail industry.
The Communicator’s second feature story looks at how retailers can emphasize their positions as trusted advisors by conducting efficacy testing on the products they stock. With no industry standard products must before registration, applied research can add value for growers.
In Hiring and Inspiring, South Country Co-op agro centre manager Mike May and Do More Ag co-founder Lesley Kelly talk about how retailers can lend their voice to growing mental health conversations in the industry and support positive mental health for both customers and their employees.
When physical and mental health are taken care of, everyone can focus on getting down to business. Updates to the CSA B620/B622 Standards mean annual visual inspections are now required for anhydrous ammonia nurse and applicator tanks. The Yard examines the process to certification and the benefits for retailers.
The issue also delves into how retailers can help keep Canada’s markets open for all by helping their customers correctly time late-season applications, and profiles an Australian innovator who brought his talents to Canada to create opportunities for independent retailers through AgLink Canada.
New With CAAR
With a special preview of the 2019 CAAR Conference, a look at CAAR’s newly re-established industry partnership with the Prairie Certified Crop Adviser board and updates from CAAR Executive Director Mitch Rezansoff and Director of Member Services Lynda Nicol, the August issue brings you up to speed on some of the activities your association has undertaken in recent months to benefit members.
- The December 2018 Communicator: Online and in Your Mailbox The December Communicator is now online and in your mailbox! The final issue of 2018 is a big one, packed with useful information, expert advice and practical solutions for the ag retailer. In the December issue, ...
- A Persistent Perception Challenge Pesticides have a perception issue, which is a challenge for agriculture. The distance between Canadian consumers and the production of their food is growing wider, but the collective public opinions consumers hol...
- The 2019 CAAR Conference Preview Join us in Winnipeg for the ag retail event of the year – the 2019 CAAR Conference! This year’s conference promises to be better than ever, with insightful speakers, valuable professional development, networking o...
- When in Winnipeg There’s something to please every taste in Manitoba’s capital city. With one of the highest number of restaurants per capita in North America, Winnipeg is home to hundreds of restaurants, cafes, bistros, diners an...
- The Benefit of Benefits Offering group coverage has positive effects on employers and employees alike. After a competitive salary, a group benefit plan is often the deciding factor when a candidate is considering a job offer, says Glenn ...