CAAR’s TDG Fundamentals: Retailer TDG Certification course has been developed specifically for ag retailers and includes only TDG classes found in an agri-retail facility. CAAR members can save on this online-exclusive course and ensure employees understand the requirements of the TDG legislation and hold a valid certificate.
TDG Fundamentals: Retailer TDG Certification covers the following topics:
classification, nature and characteristics of dangerous goods,
the use of Schedules 1, 2 and 3,
the shipping document,
dangerous goods safety marks,
certification safety marks requirements,
safety requirements and standards for Means of Containment,
emergency response assistance plan requirements,
accidental release reporting requirements,
safe handling and transportation practices for dangerous goods including the characteristics of dangerous goods.
Upon successful completion of the course, trainees will receive a TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming that they are qualified to handle, offer for transport and transport goods under Classes 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3, 5.1, 6.1, 8 and 9.
CAAR Members Save on Registration!
This training course was developed on behalf of CAAR to meet the specialized needs of its membership. Through training resources, CAAR helps members remain in compliance, operate safely and continue providing valuable services their customers rely on. CAAR is pleased to offer this training to members at a very affordable, discounted rate of $29.95 per course participant.
- Register Non-Member Branch Locations Today! Is each of your company’s locations represented through CAAR membership? By registering all of your company’s non-member branch locations, you can ensure they are covered by CAAR’s advocacy and regulatory support, tr...
- CAAR Membership: Renew Today Now’s the time to renew your CAAR membership for the 2019-2020 season! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you have an advocate with a u...
- Be Safe, Stay Safe – Training Opportunities for Retailers With the start of another growing season comes the need for a renewed vigilance to safety and awareness. CAAR has a number of resources available to keep you, your employees, your customers and the general public saf...
- NTSP Safety Training in Brandon - Register Now! The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers is pleased to host NTSP Safety Training covering the testing and inspection requirements of the CSA B620 and CSA B622 Safety Standards. Read more for details on the training...
- A Shared Responsibility Retailers play an important role in farmer education. CAAR’s executive director Mitch Rezansoff says the safe handling of anhydrous ammonia shouldn’t end with the delivery to the customer, and retailers who sell t...