Your membership with CAAR enables you to focus your attention on your business; trusting CAAR to share the regulatory, compliance and advocacy information you need to know, when you need to know it.
Who We Are
CAAR is a member driven organization representing Canada’s ag retailers on the national stage. As the recognized voice for retail we advocate on behalf of all of Canada’s ag retailers to ensure that their voice is represented consistently and strongly with regulators, industry groups and to the public.
CAAR’s diverse membership represents the entire crop inputs sector: fertilizer, crop protection, bio technology, seed, services, storage and handling and equipment. With over 575 members, including retailers, suppliers and manufacturers, consultants and industry associations, CAAR’s strength and representation is growing.
What We Do
As a CAAR member, you are a part of a national unified voice:
- Advocating on behalf of the business of ag retail;
- Protecting your employees, customers and the public through a continual emphasis on maintaining and exceeding safety and security standards; and
- Ensuring the long-term environmental, economic and social sustainability of the ag-retail industry by supporting best management practices and transparency in business.
As a CAAR member, you receive:
- Access to continuing education programs to maintain your status as a trusted resource for your customers;
- Opportunities to forge new and strengthen existing business relationships at the CAAR Conference; and
- Exclusive communications keeping you up-to-date with the latest industry news, trends, and regulation.
As a CAAR member, you show you are proud to:
- Stand behind the science of agriculture and support innovation that lead to positive impacts for the industry;
- Support programs that encourage education, discussion and a clear understanding about Canadian agriculture; and
- Contribute to the achievements of the Canadian agriculture industry.
Renew Your Membership Today
Your membership matters. The association’s advocacy work, regulatory compliance support and training programs, annual conference, and communications services are of benefit to all ag retail businesses, and CAAR is proud to offer them at minimal or no cost to members. CAAR’s advocacy success is driven by the size of membership the association represents. Every member makes a difference and strengthens CAAR’s ability to influence decision makers and regulators.
CAAR membership is an investment in the long term sustainability of the association and the availability of our programs and services for all members. Make your voice heard through CAAR’s unified voice. To renew your membership today, please contact our member services team.
- CAAR Welcomes Scott Van Alstyne CAAR is pleased to welcome Scott Van Alstyne to the team in the role of sales and marketing manager. Scott brings over three decades of experience working in various sectors of the ag industry to the position. Bef...
- 2019 Environmental Respect Awards Applications Open Applications are now being accepted for the Environmental Respect Awards (ERAs), an annual awards program honouring the environmental stewardship demonstrated by agri-retailers who sell, handle or apply crop protecti...
- No Variance: Manitoba Nutrient Application Restriction Manitoba Sustainable Development has decided that the provincial restriction on winter application of nutrients will remain in place until 11:59 CDT, Wednesday, April 10. Based on current and forecasted weather condi...
- Send Us Your Milestones Does your retail have an upcoming anniversary? Are you getting ready to cut the ribbon on a new location or expansion? Have your employees done something incredible for the community? We want to hear about it and hel...
- CAAR Perk$ Profile: Western Financial Group Western Financial Group is a Manitoba-based company, with a holistic approach to insurance and a commitment to efficient and cost-effective services. Through the CAAR Perk$ program, CAAR members have access to Wester...