CAAR advises all Manitoba members that due to current environment conditions and forecasted overnight temperatures dropping below -10°C, Manitoba Sustainable Development, with input from multiple provincial agriculture stakeholders, will not be implementing a variance to the November 10, 2018 to April 10, 2019 Restrictions on Winter Applications of Nutrients.
The restriction applies to nutrient sources containing nitrogen and/or phosphorus, including synthetic fertilizer and livestock manure. Manitoba Sustainable Development will continue to monitor environmental conditions and seek input of provincial agriculture stakeholders. In the event of regional changes of environmental conditions, a regional variation to the restriction may be considered.
If an individual wishes to make a formal request for a variance, the request must be provided in writing by a Professional Agrologist or Certified Crop Adviser and signed by the producer.
The request must include soil test results and recommended nutrient application through broadcast/incorporation or injection only.
More information about requesting individual variances can be found here.
Emergency Manure Situations
At any time throughout the winter, emergency manure situations may occur. Pursuant to Section 14(4) of the Livestock Manure and Mortalities Management Regulation (M.R. 42/98), the director may authorize winter application of manure due to an emergency situation or extenuating circumstance.
Manitoba Retail Input
CAAR will continue to seek input from Manitoba Ag Retailers as environmental conditions change and will identify opportunities to recommend regional variances to Manitoba Sustainable Development.
- New CAN Security Code of Practice Furthers Industry Safety To further our industry’s commitment to advancing safety and security, Fertilizer Canada has created a Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN) Security Code of Practice with input from industry and government groups. This new...
- Provide the Sustainability Advice Growers Are Looking For As an agri-retailer, growers are relying on your expertise to provide solutions to the sustainability demands of consumers, and it is important to demonstrate your dedication to and knowledge of the framework. In ...
- Celebrate Global Fertilizer Day October 13 Global Fertilizer Day, celebrated annually on October 13, is an international awareness campaign initiated by Fertilizers Europe and supported internationally by fertilizer associations and companies with the goal of...
- Celebrate Global Fertilizer Day Oct. 13 Global Fertilizer Day is an international awareness campaign initiated by Fertilizers Europe and supported by fertilizer associations and companies worldwide. The goal is to bring awareness to the important role fert...
- Compliance Reminder: B620 Changes in Effect CAAR is reminding all members that they must adhere to the updated B620-14 Standard to remain in compliance with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. Under the new standard, visual inspections for all anhyd...