For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educational sessions that await you in Winnipeg, Feb. 12-14, 2019.
Focusing on the theme “Strengthening the Business of Ag Retail”, the conference planning committee has filled the agenda with valuable industry updates, presentations by industry experts and opportunities for retailers to strengthen their business skills.
Wednesday, Feb. 13 – 8:00-9:00 am
Learn from your peers at the newest addition to the conference agenda. Offering equal parts networking and education, these structured, moderated roundtable discussions are a great way to share stories and learn from each other’s experiences. Space is limited, so please contact the CAAR office to inquire about availability and save your seat at the table.
Unleashing Your Disruptive Behavior
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 8:10-9:10 am
Graham Sherman, co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing, disrupted the Alberta craft beer industry and is coming to the CAAR Conference to tell you why. His presentation will leave you excited, energized and ready to unleash some disruptive behavior of your own.
Panel Discussion: Mergers & Acquisitions
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 9:20-10:20 am
We’ve assembled a Power Panel of representatives from Corteva, BASF, Nutrien and Bayer CropScience to discuss how the recent wave of consolidations has changed the landscape of ag retail. Find out first-hand how these high-profile mergers will affect the industry, what they mean to your business and what you can expect as the dust settles.
Does Your Lender Understand Your Business Needs?
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 11:00-11:50 am
This presentation will teach you how to communicate your expectations to your lender to get better service and improve your understanding of the programs available to you.
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 12:45-1:45 pm
Closing out Conference is Dr. Sylvain Charlebois’ insightful and not-to-be-missed keynote presentation. Charlebois is known as “The Food Processor” and is one of the world’s most cited scholars in food supply chain management, food value chains and traceability.
Register for the 2019 CAAR Conference today!
- Canada Brand refresh for agriculture and agri-food products The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, recently unveiled a modern new refresh of the Canada Brand program, plus a digital toolkit to help Canadian agriculture and agri-food busines...
- Sollio Agriculture sustainable fertilizer project wins Bioenterprise challenge Sollio Agriculture recently announced that its new CRF AgriTech plant in St. Thomas, Ont. has received a $154,000 grant to accelerate production as part of the Bioenterprise Fertilizer Accelerating Solutions & Te...
- Momentum building to stall carbon tax increases As CAAR members know, the federal carbon tax is scheduled to increase twice in 2023, from $50 per tonne to $65 per tonne on April 1, and the second carbon tax increase in July could add 13 cents per litre to the pric...
- Thanks for attending! 2023 CAAR Conference in Edmonton a success. After another successful CAAR Conference, we wanted to thank everyone who attended, provided auction donations, and helped sponsor the event. 2023 CAAR Conference, Chal...
- The Resiliency of Canadian Ag Production It has been three long years since I last attended an indoor farm show. Yesterday, I travelled to Brandon, Manitoba for the opening day of 2023 Manitoba Ag Days. It has been three long years since I last attended ...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.