For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educational sessions that await you in Winnipeg, Feb. 12-14, 2019.
Focusing on the theme “Strengthening the Business of Ag Retail”, the conference planning committee has filled the agenda with valuable industry updates, presentations by industry experts and opportunities for retailers to strengthen their business skills.
Wednesday, Feb. 13 – 8:00-9:00 am
Learn from your peers at the newest addition to the conference agenda. Offering equal parts networking and education, these structured, moderated roundtable discussions are a great way to share stories and learn from each other’s experiences. Space is limited, so please contact the CAAR office to inquire about availability and save your seat at the table.
Unleashing Your Disruptive Behavior
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 8:10-9:10 am
Graham Sherman, co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing, disrupted the Alberta craft beer industry and is coming to the CAAR Conference to tell you why. His presentation will leave you excited, energized and ready to unleash some disruptive behavior of your own.
Panel Discussion: Mergers & Acquisitions
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 9:20-10:20 am
We’ve assembled a Power Panel of representatives from Corteva, BASF, Nutrien and Bayer CropScience to discuss how the recent wave of consolidations has changed the landscape of ag retail. Find out first-hand how these high-profile mergers will affect the industry, what they mean to your business and what you can expect as the dust settles.
Does Your Lender Understand Your Business Needs?
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 11:00-11:50 am
This presentation will teach you how to communicate your expectations to your lender to get better service and improve your understanding of the programs available to you.
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 12:45-1:45 pm
Closing out Conference is Dr. Sylvain Charlebois’ insightful and not-to-be-missed keynote presentation. Charlebois is known as “The Food Processor” and is one of the world’s most cited scholars in food supply chain management, food value chains and traceability.
- View 2019 CAAR Conference Photo Gallery Online Revisit the highlights from the Ag Retail Event of the Year – the 2019 CAAR Conference photo gallery is now online. Featuring informative and inspiring speaker sessions and two and a half days of networking, The CAAR...
- CAAR Welcomes Scott Van Alstyne CAAR is pleased to welcome Scott Van Alstyne to the team in the role of sales and marketing manager. Scott brings over three decades of experience working in various sectors of the ag industry to the position. Bef...
- Panel Discussion: Mergers and Acquisitions Four industry leaders provided their insight into the recent wave of mergers and acquisitions and shared their advice for ag retailers during the 2019 CAAR Conference. From left to right: Al DriverBayer CropScien...
- Chairman's Award: Grant Larocque When selecting the 2018 Chairman’s Award recipient, CAAR board chair Don Kitson knew the award needed to go to Grant Larocque, a long-time board member and ardent association supporter. Grant Larocque, Orchard Tra...
- 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer: Nutrien Ag Solutions This year’s 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer is Nutrien Ag Solutions (Nutrien Ag), a company that has made 4R Nutrient Stewardship an integral part of the service they provide to their grower customers. Nutri...