For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educational sessions that await you in Winnipeg, Feb. 12-14, 2019.
Focusing on the theme “Strengthening the Business of Ag Retail”, the conference planning committee has filled the agenda with valuable industry updates, presentations by industry experts and opportunities for retailers to strengthen their business skills.
Wednesday, Feb. 13 – 8:00-9:00 am
Learn from your peers at the newest addition to the conference agenda. Offering equal parts networking and education, these structured, moderated roundtable discussions are a great way to share stories and learn from each other’s experiences. Space is limited, so please contact the CAAR office to inquire about availability and save your seat at the table.
Unleashing Your Disruptive Behavior
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 8:10-9:10 am
Graham Sherman, co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing, disrupted the Alberta craft beer industry and is coming to the CAAR Conference to tell you why. His presentation will leave you excited, energized and ready to unleash some disruptive behavior of your own.
Panel Discussion: Mergers & Acquisitions
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 9:20-10:20 am
We’ve assembled a Power Panel of representatives from Corteva, BASF, Nutrien and Bayer CropScience to discuss how the recent wave of consolidations has changed the landscape of ag retail. Find out first-hand how these high-profile mergers will affect the industry, what they mean to your business and what you can expect as the dust settles.
Does Your Lender Understand Your Business Needs?
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 11:00-11:50 am
This presentation will teach you how to communicate your expectations to your lender to get better service and improve your understanding of the programs available to you.
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 12:45-1:45 pm
Closing out Conference is Dr. Sylvain Charlebois’ insightful and not-to-be-missed keynote presentation. Charlebois is known as “The Food Processor” and is one of the world’s most cited scholars in food supply chain management, food value chains and traceability.
- You Can Help Shape the 2020 CAAR Conference CAAR would like to remind 2019 CAAR Conference attendees to complete their post-conference survey for a chance to win one of two $50 VISA gift cards. Comments and suggestions received will be used to help shape next ...
- 2019 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap Day Two of the 2019 CAAR Conference featured a sensational speaker program, plenty of networking opportunities, CAAR’s always-popular Pro-Ag Investments Auction and ag retail's biggest evening: CAAR's Choice Awards B...
- 2019 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap Getting Disruptive Graham Sherman’s inspiring and motivating talk was the perfect presentation to open the final day of the 2019 CAAR Conference. Sherman is the co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing Company, an Alberta brew...
- Can't Attend the 2019 CAAR Conference? View the CAAR AGM Online New in 2019: If you can’t attend the 2019 CAAR Conference in Winnipeg, you can still stay up-to-date with important updates from your association, including confirmation of the 2019-20 Board of Directors, by viewing ...
- Your Ultimate Guide to the 2019 CAAR Conference Are you ready for the ag retail event of the year? Please take the time to review these important details ahead of the event to make your arrival at conference a smooth one. If you have any questions, please contact ...