For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educational sessions that await you in Winnipeg, Feb. 12-14, 2019.
Focusing on the theme “Strengthening the Business of Ag Retail”, the conference planning committee has filled the agenda with valuable industry updates, presentations by industry experts and opportunities for retailers to strengthen their business skills.
Wednesday, Feb. 13 – 8:00-9:00 am
Learn from your peers at the newest addition to the conference agenda. Offering equal parts networking and education, these structured, moderated roundtable discussions are a great way to share stories and learn from each other’s experiences. Space is limited, so please contact the CAAR office to inquire about availability and save your seat at the table.
Unleashing Your Disruptive Behavior
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 8:10-9:10 am
Graham Sherman, co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing, disrupted the Alberta craft beer industry and is coming to the CAAR Conference to tell you why. His presentation will leave you excited, energized and ready to unleash some disruptive behavior of your own.
Panel Discussion: Mergers & Acquisitions
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 9:20-10:20 am
We’ve assembled a Power Panel of representatives from Corteva, BASF, Nutrien and Bayer CropScience to discuss how the recent wave of consolidations has changed the landscape of ag retail. Find out first-hand how these high-profile mergers will affect the industry, what they mean to your business and what you can expect as the dust settles.
Does Your Lender Understand Your Business Needs?
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 11:00-11:50 am
This presentation will teach you how to communicate your expectations to your lender to get better service and improve your understanding of the programs available to you.
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 12:45-1:45 pm
Closing out Conference is Dr. Sylvain Charlebois’ insightful and not-to-be-missed keynote presentation. Charlebois is known as “The Food Processor” and is one of the world’s most cited scholars in food supply chain management, food value chains and traceability.
- Networking Opportunities at the 2019 CAAR Conference The CAAR Conference is the ag retail event of the year and always offers an unmatched opportunity to connect with colleagues, peers and fellow members of the agriculture supply chain. This year is no exception, with ...
- Welcome Processa, CAAR’s Newest Perk$ Partner If you are looking for affordable, flexible payment processing solutions for your retail, take a peek at Processa! Keep reading to learn how switching to Processa can benefit your business and get details on a specia...
- Mergers & Acquisitions – You Have Questions, We Have Answers A recent and significant wave of consolidation in agriculture’s supply sector has many retailers wondering, “How will this affect my business?” If you’ve asked yourself the same question, you will want to attend the ...
- Conference Hotel Reservation Deadline is Jan. 21 – Book Today! Attending the 2019 CAAR Conference? Stay at the Delta Hotels Winnipeg and be steps from all the action! Book before Monday, Jan. 21 and take advantage of special group rates. The stylish Delta Hotels Winnipeg is l...
- Less Than One Month Left to Save on Your Conference Pass Register for the 2019 CAAR Conference before online registration closes on Friday, Feb. 1 and save on your conference pass! Save time AND money by registering online for the CAAR Conference. Purchase your pass bef...