For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educational sessions that await you in Winnipeg, Feb. 12-14, 2019.
Focusing on the theme “Strengthening the Business of Ag Retail”, the conference planning committee has filled the agenda with valuable industry updates, presentations by industry experts and opportunities for retailers to strengthen their business skills.
Wednesday, Feb. 13 – 8:00-9:00 am
Learn from your peers at the newest addition to the conference agenda. Offering equal parts networking and education, these structured, moderated roundtable discussions are a great way to share stories and learn from each other’s experiences. Space is limited, so please contact the CAAR office to inquire about availability and save your seat at the table.
Unleashing Your Disruptive Behavior
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 8:10-9:10 am
Graham Sherman, co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing, disrupted the Alberta craft beer industry and is coming to the CAAR Conference to tell you why. His presentation will leave you excited, energized and ready to unleash some disruptive behavior of your own.
Panel Discussion: Mergers & Acquisitions
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 9:20-10:20 am
We’ve assembled a Power Panel of representatives from Corteva, BASF, Nutrien and Bayer CropScience to discuss how the recent wave of consolidations has changed the landscape of ag retail. Find out first-hand how these high-profile mergers will affect the industry, what they mean to your business and what you can expect as the dust settles.
Does Your Lender Understand Your Business Needs?
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 11:00-11:50 am
This presentation will teach you how to communicate your expectations to your lender to get better service and improve your understanding of the programs available to you.
Thursday, Feb. 14 – 12:45-1:45 pm
Closing out Conference is Dr. Sylvain Charlebois’ insightful and not-to-be-missed keynote presentation. Charlebois is known as “The Food Processor” and is one of the world’s most cited scholars in food supply chain management, food value chains and traceability.
- The 2020 CAAR Conference: Embracing Innovation The 2020 CAAR Conference brought ag retailers back to sunny Saskatoon, Sask. for two-and-a-half days of speaker sessions and unbeatable networking opportunities. This year’s conference marked CAAR’s 25th anniversary ...
- Reminder to Fill Out Your CAAR Conference Survey Calling all 2020 CAAR Conference delegates: remember to provide your feedback on the event for your chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. Check your email inbox for a link to fill out CAAR’s Post-Conference Survey. Don...
- Thank You for Making the 2020 CAAR Conference a Success The staff and board of CAAR would like to extend a sincere thank-you to everyone who joined us at TCU Place in Saskatoon and helped make our 25th anniversary event a resounding success. Keep reading for important pos...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap From informative industry updates to the closing keynote address, the second full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference left delegates with plenty to think about. Here are some of the highlights from Day Three: Industry...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap The first full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference was packed with conversation, information and celebration. Here are your Day Two highlights: Roundtable Discussions Wednesday got off to a roaring start with structu...