All conference events will be taking place in the Delta Hotels Winnipeg and the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg.
Registration Desk Hours and Locations
The CAAR Conference registration desk will be located at Meeting Room 1-13 at the East Concourse of the RBC Convention Centre unless otherwise indicated. The CAAR Conference registration desk will be located at Meeting Room 1-13 at the East Concourse of the RBC Convention Centre unless otherwise indicated.
Tuesday, Feb. 12
12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. (Delta Ballroom Foyer, Delta Hotels)
Wednesday, Feb. 13
7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 14
7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Delta Hotels Winnipeg
The host hotel is located at 350 St. Mary Ave., between Carlton and Hargrave, and offers heated underground parking. Click here for a map.
For those arriving by air: This hotel does not provide shuttle service. Estimated taxi fare from the airport is $18. Click for transportation information.
RBC Convention Center Winnipeg
RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg is located at 375 York Ave., across the street from the host hotel.
Arriving by car? The convention centre’s heated underground parking is open 24/7. Use the Carlton St. entrance to access.
Conference Registration Desk
Make the registration desk your first stop to pick up your registration packages and conference pass. Your pass is required for entry to the conference.
CAAR 2019 Annual General Meeting
The AGM will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 12 from 4:00 to 5:00 pm in the Delta A Ballroom at the Delta Hotel. All retailer members are encouraged to attend. Click for further information.
Icebreaker Cocktail Reception
Join us to kick off conference and celebrate Canada’s Agriculture Day at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception in the Delta A & B Ballroom at the Delta Hotel. Enjoy a cash bar and delicious hors d’oeuvres, sponsored by John Deere Financial.
Be sure to use the #CdnAgDay hashtag to show your love of Canadian ag in your Agriculture Day tweets!
CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet
A limited number of tickets for the 12th annual CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet will be available for purchase at the registration desk – but hurry, they will sell fast!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to celebrate the achievements of your friends and colleagues in style while enjoying a delicious meal and post-award show entertainment from comedian James Cunningham.
Beers of the World
Beers of the World (hosted by AgResource Connects) will be hosted at the Delta A&B Ballroom in the Delta Hotel from 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. following the Pro-Ag Investments Auction. You will need to present your CAAR Conference registration badge to enter the event.
If you have special dietary restrictions and did not provide the information when you registered, please send an email to Lisa Defoort by Thursday, Feb. 8 to ensure your dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
Conference Program Information
A copy of the Conference Program and Pro-Ag Investments Auction Guide will be available in your registration padfolios and at the CAAR Booth. The 2018 Annual Report will be available at the AGM and CAAR Booth.
Earn CEUs at the CAAR Conference
Certified Professional Agronomists (CPAs), Crop Advisors (CCAs) and Crop Science Consultants (CCSCs) can earn CEUs by attending the 2019 CAAR Conference. CCAs and CCSCs must sign in at the registration desk to record CEUs. Click here for more information.
Social Media at the 2019 CAAR Conference
Follow @CdnAgRetail for conference news and updates and use the official #CAARcon2019 hashtag in all of your conference tweets to join the conversation.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARcon2019
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2019
Thank you to Hi Tech Installations Ltd. for sponsoring the conference Wi-Fi!
Enjoy Your Stay in Winnipeg!
Looking for a place to grab a drink or a bite to eat outside of conference hours? Check out our guide to some great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the conference venue and host hotel: When in Winnipeg.
Visit Tourism Winnipeg for an online event calendar, suggested activities and more!
Leave your coat in your hotel room! Downtown Winnipeg is connected by over two kilometers of skywalks and underground walkways. Travel in heated comfort between the host hotel, the conference site, Bell MTS Place and beyond! (map)
Photo and Media Release
Please be aware that by entering the CAAR Conference, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded, and consent to use of your appearance, voice and name to be used in any digital and print material without compensation at the discretion of the Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR). You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by entering the CAAR Conference. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the CAAR Conference.
- 2019 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap Day Two of the 2019 CAAR Conference featured a sensational speaker program, plenty of networking opportunities, CAAR’s always-popular Pro-Ag Investments Auction and ag retail's biggest evening: CAAR's Choice Awards B...
- 2019 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap Getting Disruptive Graham Sherman’s inspiring and motivating talk was the perfect presentation to open the final day of the 2019 CAAR Conference. Sherman is the co-owner of Tool Shed Brewing Company, an Alberta brew...
- 2019 CAAR Conference - Thank You Thank You For Another Great CAAR Conference! CAAR extends its sincere thanks to our many sponsors, exhibitors, auction donors, planning committee members, attendees and special guests for lending their time, support...
- 2019 CAAR Conference - Day One Recap And we’re off! Ag retailers from across Canada gathered in the heart of the continent in Winnipeg, MB today to break the ice at the 24th Annual CAAR Conference. Taking Care of Business Before getting the celebratio...
- Can't Attend the 2019 CAAR Conference? View the CAAR AGM Online New in 2019: If you can’t attend the 2019 CAAR Conference in Winnipeg, you can still stay up-to-date with important updates from your association, including confirmation of the 2019-20 Board of Directors, by viewing ...