The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is pleased to announce its 2019-20 board of directors who will lead the association throughout the next year as CAAR works to strengthen the ag retail industry in Canada through its advocacy activities and suite of valuable services to members.
“CAAR is the only organization dedicated solely to representing retailers and their side of the business,” says CAAR Board Chair Don Kitson. “A dynamic and engaged board of directors allows CAAR to effectively aggregate retailer opinions and interests into a strong message when dealing with the external groups, producers, government regulators and the general public.”
CAAR’s Board of Directors, comprised of representatives from the association's retailer and supplier members was confirmed during the 2019 CAAR Conference held this month in Winnipeg, MB.
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2019-20 Board of Directors:
Stan Loewen, TerraLink Horticulture Inc.
David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
Luke Burton, Simplot
Cathi Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
Russ Reich, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
Eric Gregory, BrettYoung
Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
Past Chair/Communications & Public Relations Chair
Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
Drew Taylor, AGI-Yargus
CAAR thanks outgoing board members Tom Hamilton of Richardson Pioneer, David Strilchuk of FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada and Grant Larocque of Orchard Transport for their dedication and contributions to the association. CAAR was proud to honour Grant Larocque for his longstanding support for CAAR by presenting him with the Chairman’s Award at CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet during the CAAR Conference.
- Send Us Your Milestones Does your retail have an upcoming anniversary? Are you getting ready to cut the ribbon on a new location or expansion? Have your employees done something incredible for the community? We want to hear about it and hel...
- CAAR Perk$ Profile: Western Financial Group Western Financial Group is a Manitoba-based company, with a holistic approach to insurance and a commitment to efficient and cost-effective services. Through the CAAR Perk$ program, CAAR members have access to Wester...
- CAAR Members Win ADAMA Thank-A-Retailer Contest Congratulations to Horizon Fertilizers Ltd. (Bruno, Sask.) and Olds Fertilizers and Sundre Soil Services (Olds, Alta.) for winning this year’s ADAMA Thank-a-Retailer Community Contest! Both retailers received $15,000...
- Can't Attend the 2019 CAAR Conference? View the CAAR AGM Online New in 2019: If you can’t attend the 2019 CAAR Conference in Winnipeg, you can still stay up-to-date with important updates from your association, including confirmation of the 2019-20 Board of Directors, by viewing ...
- The 2019 CAAR AGM CAAR retailer members are encouraged to attend the 2019 CAAR Annual General Meeting, which will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 12 in Winnipeg, Man., prior to the CAAR Conference Icebreaker Cocktail Reception. The 2019 A...