The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is pleased to announce its 2019-20 board of directors who will lead the association throughout the next year as CAAR works to strengthen the ag retail industry in Canada through its advocacy activities and suite of valuable services to members.
“CAAR is the only organization dedicated solely to representing retailers and their side of the business,” says CAAR Board Chair Don Kitson. “A dynamic and engaged board of directors allows CAAR to effectively aggregate retailer opinions and interests into a strong message when dealing with the external groups, producers, government regulators and the general public.”
CAAR’s Board of Directors, comprised of representatives from the association's retailer and supplier members was confirmed during the 2019 CAAR Conference held this month in Winnipeg, MB.
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2019-20 Board of Directors:
Stan Loewen, TerraLink Horticulture Inc.
David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
Luke Burton, Simplot
Cathi Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
Russ Reich, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
Eric Gregory, BrettYoung
Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
Past Chair/Communications & Public Relations Chair
Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
Drew Taylor, AGI-Yargus
CAAR thanks outgoing board members Tom Hamilton of Richardson Pioneer, David Strilchuk of FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada and Grant Larocque of Orchard Transport for their dedication and contributions to the association. CAAR was proud to honour Grant Larocque for his longstanding support for CAAR by presenting him with the Chairman’s Award at CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet during the CAAR Conference.
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Michael Gaumont and Russ Reich The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with Michael Gaumont, vice president of operations at McEwen’s Fuels and Fertilizers, and Russ Reich, vice president of crop inputs at Richardson International, to learn ...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (July – Sept. 2020) We would like to thank our members who renewed their CAAR membership for the 2020/21 year and continued their investment with us. Membership Without the loyalty and support of our members, we would not be able to...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Blaine Cochrane The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with CAAR board member Blaine Cochrane, who currently chairs the finance committee. Q: What is our current role in the agri-retailer sector, and can you give us a litt...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Cathi Douglas The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with Cathi Douglas to learn about her journey through the ag retail industry and involvement with the CAAR Board. Q: What is your current role in the agriretailer sect...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Martin Kiefer The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with board member Martin Kiefer, past board chair and communications committee chair. Q: What is your current role in the ag retail sector, and can you give us a littl...