The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is pleased to announce its 2019-20 board of directors who will lead the association throughout the next year as CAAR works to strengthen the ag retail industry in Canada through its advocacy activities and suite of valuable services to members.
“CAAR is the only organization dedicated solely to representing retailers and their side of the business,” says CAAR Board Chair Don Kitson. “A dynamic and engaged board of directors allows CAAR to effectively aggregate retailer opinions and interests into a strong message when dealing with the external groups, producers, government regulators and the general public.”
CAAR’s Board of Directors, comprised of representatives from the association's retailer and supplier members was confirmed during the 2019 CAAR Conference held this month in Winnipeg, MB.
CAAR is pleased to introduce the 2019-20 Board of Directors:
Stan Loewen, TerraLink Horticulture Inc.
David Dow, Dow Fertilizers Ltd.
Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd.
Board and Executive Council Chair
Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd.
Luke Burton, Simplot
Cathi Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
Russ Reich, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services
Eric Gregory, BrettYoung
Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P.
Past Chair/Communications & Public Relations Chair
Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
Drew Taylor, AGI-Yargus
CAAR thanks outgoing board members Tom Hamilton of Richardson Pioneer, David Strilchuk of FMC Agriculture Solutions Canada and Grant Larocque of Orchard Transport for their dedication and contributions to the association. CAAR was proud to honour Grant Larocque for his longstanding support for CAAR by presenting him with the Chairman’s Award at CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet during the CAAR Conference.
- CAAR Membership: Renew Today Now’s the time to renew your CAAR membership for the 2019-2020 season! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you have an advocate with a u...
- CAAR Member Achieves 4R Certification The Cottam branch of CAAR retailer member Setterington's Fertilizer Service Ltd. has recently become the third agriculture nutrient service provider to achieve Ontario 4R Certification, a program administered by Fert...
- CAAR Perk$ Spotlight: West Can Group CAAR membership pays off – members receive access to savings and exclusive services through the CAAR Perk$ program. Read more to learn how your business can save costs through West Can Group, a proudly Canadian, Mani...
- CAAR Welcomes Scott Van Alstyne CAAR is pleased to welcome Scott Van Alstyne to the team in the role of sales and marketing manager. Scott brings over three decades of experience working in various sectors of the ag industry to the position. Bef...
- 2019 Environmental Respect Awards Applications Open Applications are now being accepted for the Environmental Respect Awards (ERAs), an annual awards program honouring the environmental stewardship demonstrated by agri-retailers who sell, handle or apply crop protecti...