Government & Industry
CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business – issues like safe product handling, site security and training. We strive to bring your perspective to regulators before decisions are made, and work to ensure that the laws and guidelines they develop make sense for your business. Through years of meetings, events and correspondence, CAAR has become a well known and respected face on Parliament Hill and with other industry groups. We continually research the issues that may affect you, and encourage you to advise the CAAR office on any issues we should be addressing.
CAAR actively defends the agri-retail industry and continues to seek out ways to support agri-retailers across Canada. CAAR is proud to represent the agri-retail industry in several forums including attendance and speaking opportunities at national and international events.
Here are just some of the ways CAAR is advocating on behalf of agri-retailers:
Advocacy and Education Initiatives
CAAR is proud to support and keep retailers informed of many important initiatives in Canadian agriculture, such as:
CAAR has actively promoted a sound science approach to responsible pesticide use and stewardship, participating in initiatives like:
Industry Roundtables and Coalitions
There are many roundtables, coalitions, and other groups coming together to build a variety of strategies for the long-term success of agriculture, and CAAR is proud to support and stay connected to as many of those initiatives as possible, including:
- Honey Bee Health Coalition
- Canadian Field Print Initiative
- Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Crops
- Biotech Coalition
- Canadian Seed Round Table
Nutrient Management Initiatives
CAAR is a proud supporter of initiatives like 4R that focus on proper stewardship of crop nutrients, and seeks to actively encourage a sound science approach to regulations on all levels. Recent activity includes:
CAAR actively participated in support of Bill C-18, and supports messaging that helps encourage a clear understanding of the vital role that seed technology plays in the growth of agriculture, such as:
- Earn CEUs at the 2019 CAAR Conference Certified Professional Agronomists (CPAs), Crop Advisors (CCAs) and Crop Science Consultants (CCSCs) can earn CEUs by attending the 2019 CAAR Conference in Winnipeg, Man. Continue reading to find out how many CEUs yo...
- Excellent Education Opportunities at the 2019 CAAR Conference For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educ...
- Uncommon Partners CAAR is forming key partnerships with like-minded organizations. As CAAR continues to sharpen its focus on advocacy, education and outreach, Canada’s national voice for ag retail is forming strategic alliances wit...
- Attention CCAs: Last chance to earn CEUs in 2018! Certified Crop Advisors are required to earn a minimum of 40 CEU credits every two years to maintain their designation. With the end of the year in sight, now is a great time to pick up some CEUs through CAAR’s CCA E...
- Comment Period on Proposed PMRA Neonic ban Closes Nov. 13 The deadline to submit responses to the PMRA’s proposed phase-out of Clothianidin and Thiamethoxam is fast approaching. To help strengthen the industry position on the proposed ban of these useful and valuable tools,...