Government & Industry
CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business – issues like safe product handling, site security and training. We strive to bring your perspective to regulators before decisions are made, and work to ensure that the laws and guidelines they develop make sense for your business. Through years of meetings, events and correspondence, CAAR has become a well known and respected face on Parliament Hill and with other industry groups. We continually research the issues that may affect you, and encourage you to advise the CAAR office on any issues we should be addressing.
CAAR actively defends the agri-retail industry and continues to seek out ways to support agri-retailers across Canada. CAAR is proud to represent the agri-retail industry in several forums including attendance and speaking opportunities at national and international events.
Here are just some of the ways CAAR is advocating on behalf of agri-retailers:
Advocacy and Education Initiatives
CAAR is proud to support and keep retailers informed of many important initiatives in Canadian agriculture, such as:
CAAR has actively promoted a sound science approach to responsible pesticide use and stewardship, participating in initiatives like:
Industry Roundtables and Coalitions
There are many roundtables, coalitions, and other groups coming together to build a variety of strategies for the long-term success of agriculture, and CAAR is proud to support and stay connected to as many of those initiatives as possible, including:
- Honey Bee Health Coalition
- Canadian Field Print Initiative
- Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Crops
- Biotech Coalition
- Canadian Seed Round Table
Nutrient Management Initiatives
CAAR is a proud supporter of initiatives like 4R that focus on proper stewardship of crop nutrients, and seeks to actively encourage a sound science approach to regulations on all levels. Recent activity includes:
CAAR actively participated in support of Bill C-18, and supports messaging that helps encourage a clear understanding of the vital role that seed technology plays in the growth of agriculture, such as:
- CAAR’s 2019/20 Year At-A-Glance CAAR recognizes the hard work our members do every day ensuring farm customers have you as a valued resource for their operations. This same commitment to your success is our focus every day and we look to continue t...
- CAAR Urges Provincial Governments to Recognize Agri-Retailers as Essential As provincial governments consider additional measures to manage the spread of COVID-19, CAAR is urging the Premiers to consider agri-retail an essential service to help ensure an uninterrupted flow of seed, fertiliz...
- Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month 2020 Creating awareness of agriculture is the overarching goal of Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (CALM). This month join industry leaders, educators, farmers and fellow retailers from across the country as they take ...
- Earn CEUs at the 2020 CAAR Conference Certified Professional Agronomists (CPAs), Crop Advisors (CCAs) and Crop Science Consultants (CCSCs) can earn CEUs by attending the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Continue reading to find out how many CEUs ...
- Become a Certified Crop Adviser - Exam Registration is Now Open Join more than 14,000 Certified Crop Advisers (CCAs) and bring added value to your grower customers by taking the International Certified Crop Adviser (ICCA) exam. The next exam will be administered on Feb. 7, 2020. ...