Government & Industry
We continually research the issues that may affect you, and encourage you to advise the CAAR office of any issues we should be addressing. Do you have an issue that you want CAAR to respond to? Is there something we should be focusing on with the government? Share your thoughts with us at 204-989-9300.
CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business – issues like safe product handling, site security and training. We strive to bring your perspective to regulators before decisions are made, and work to ensure that the laws and guidelines they develop make sense for your business. Through years of meetings, events and correspondence, CAAR has become a well known and respected face on Parliament Hill and with other industry groups. We continually research the issues that may affect you, and encourage you to advise the CAAR office on any issues we should be addressing.
CAAR actively defends the agri-retail industry and continues to seek out ways to support agri-retailers across Canada. CAAR is proud to represent the agri-retail industry in several forums including attendance and speaking opportunities at national and international events.
Here are just some of the ways CAAR is advocating on behalf of agri-retailers:
Advocacy and Education Initiatives
CAAR is proud to support and keep retailers informed of many important initiatives in Canadian agriculture, such as:
CAAR has actively promoted a sound science approach to responsible pesticide use and stewardship, participating in initiatives like:
Industry Roundtables and Coalitions
There are many roundtables, coalitions, and other groups coming together to build a variety of strategies for the long-term success of agriculture, and CAAR is proud to support and stay connected to as many of those initiatives as possible, including:
- Honey Bee Health Coalition
- Canadian Field Print Initiative
- Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Crops
- Biotech Coalition
- Canadian Seed Round Table
Nutrient Management Initiatives
CAAR is a proud supporter of initiatives like 4R that focus on proper stewardship of crop nutrients, and seeks to actively encourage a sound science approach to regulations on all levels. Recent activity includes:
CAAR actively participated in support of Bill C-18, and supports messaging that helps encourage a clear understanding of the vital role that seed technology plays in the growth of agriculture, such as:
- CAAR News CAAR is commited to: Unite, Educate & Advocate Thank you for renewing your CAAR Membership! CAAR is newly committed to the following pillars: Unite CAAR is the only national association that exclusively rep...
- Remind customers to bring back empties Cleanfarms has asked CAAR to request ag retailers remind customers to bring back empties over the next month and to submit final pickup requests. Cleanfarms advises that final pickup requests in Saskatchewan shou...
- Young farmer mentorship program introduced for wheat growers In mid-August, the Wheat Growers Association (WG) launched a young farmer mentorship program to encourage young farmers to get informed and involved with agriculture policy. According to the media release, the men...
- Fall cleanup with Cleanfarms drive Cleanfarms is collecting unused farm meds and pesticides in Canada this fall, heading to four regions for a green cleanup, helping farmers offload unused products. Please be sure to share this information with you...
- Farmers Recycle More Agricultural Plastics Cleanfarms has posted its 2022 annual report, showcasing the expansion of on-the-ground programs that Canadian farmers use to manage waste agricultural plastic products and packaging for recycling or safe disposal wh...