Farms.com has been selected by CAAR as its strategic partner to provide communications and creative services to the organization.
Let us take a few minutes to introduce ourselves so that you can be confident of our abilities to assist CAAR with the production of the CAAR Communicator and its other marketing channels.
Farms.com is a leading supplier of innovative information products and services for the global agriculture and food industries.
We serve the agriculture industry in the United States and Canada and have several office locations across North America. Farms.com is based in Canada with a head office in Guelph, ON. Our Farms.com Media & Publishing team showcases a network of websites that welcome thousands of commercial farmers and agribusiness professionals from across North America each day and is a trusted source of information to browse the latest agriculture news.
In addition to news and market information, the Farms.com website features classifieds, used-farm equipment, and real estate listings for its customer base. In addition to the website Farms.com, the Farms.com network of sites includes Ag Connections network of websites, Agriville.com, AgSearch.com, and USFarmer.com. It also includes our commodity marketing subscription service Farms.com Risk Management.
On the publishing side, the Farms.com print offerings which you may be familiar with include Better Farming (Ontario & Prairies), Better Pork, Germination, Seed World, Small Farm Canada, SpudSmart, as well as the Ag Buyer’s Guide in Ontario and the Alberta Seed Guide.
During 2020, the Farms.com group of companies served over 28 million website page views in our network of sites to over 6 million users. We also sent over 24 million email communications through various newsletters. Finally, we published over 60 different issues of publications, that provided over 200 million pages of content.
In addition to Media and Publishing, the Farms.com Group of Companies also provides the following solutions for the global agriculture and food sector:
- Human Resource Solutions: this encompass AgCareers.com, CareersInFood.com, and De Lacy Executive Recruiting
- Software and Services: this include swine software leader PigCHAMP, as well as Farms.com Professional Services
- Farming and Production: this includes a 2,000-acre cash crop farm that also produces renewable energy through a variety of wind and solar installations.
When we submitted our proposal to CAAR, we underlined that we thought of it as a partnership, as we truly feel that to succeed, both parties will need to look at this as a long-term partnership - as an opportunity to leverage the strengths of each organization, while also respecting the needs of each group.
Many of you are likely already familiar with our Director of Business Development and Digital Media Andrew Bawden, whom you can reach at any time to place advertisements in this publication, as well as online and in the eNewsletter to help you reach members of the association.
We are excited by the potential that this relationship can deliver to both partners, and we look forward to working with CAAR as well as its board of directors, committees and members to help advance the industry.
- The Value of Ag Tech to the Retail Channel At the 2021 Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers Conference, Todd Ormann recently spoke about his business and commercial development with global Telus Agriculture partners and the value of ag tech to the retail ch...
- Continued Evolution of Canadian Agribusiness and Associations The business environment is changing for Canadian agribusiness, and so too membership associations are being driven to change to accommodate members. Agribusinesses are increasingly beginning to scrutinize which asso...
- Fertilizer Canada Working in Partnership with Ag Retailers Clyde Graham recently spoke about how Fertilizer Canada is working in partnership with ag retailers, several programs and partnerships to promote sustainability. New regulations in the fertilizer industry have mad...
- Attracting New Employees As Director of AgCareers.com and CareersInFood.com, Kathryn Doan works on leading and developing companies’ business offerings and connecting people to career opportunities across the whole ag value chain. Ms. Doa...
- Get to know fellow CAAR Retailers “Rosenort Agro has been a member of CAAR since pretty well the beginning of CAAR,” says Denis Benjamin, General Manager, Rosenort Agro. Rosenort Agro was started by Levi Brandt in the late 1940s as a fuel and oil com...