Canada’s agri-retailers are amazing, and we want to make sure all of us at CAAR are shouting that from the rooftops every chance we get. We dedicated the 2017 CAAR Conference to enhancing the expertise of agri-retailers; empowering them to continue building trust with their farmer clients.
You can read all about the conference here. If you weren’t there, you missed out on a phenomenal speaker program as well as innovative, engaging and enthusiastic exhibitors.
But the highlight for me, as always, was the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet.
This year marked the 10th anniversary of the CAAR’s Choice Awards. Agri-retailers fill a critical space in the agriculture value chain and are so rarely recognized for their hard work, efforts and dedication. That’s why it is so gratifying to profile each of the five CAAR’s Choice Awards winners in this issue of the magazine, in addition to sharing the winners of ADAMA’s Thank-A-Retailer community contest. Within the pages of this issue, you will read about exceptional agri-retailers who are being celebrated for their contributions to the industry and their communities. We’re proud to share their exciting achievements, and I sincerely hope this inspires other CAAR member companies to share their stories as well.
Nominations for the 2018 CAAR’s Choice Awards are already being accepted — we can’t wait to hear about your business and help tell your story.
CAAR wants to ensure continued excellence in the agri-retail industry, and to do that we need your help! To continue advocating for, supporting and awarding Canada’s agri-retailers, we need to grow our network and connect with all of them — and that’s exactly what we’re going to do.
A membership with CAAR is full of value and offers a powerful return on investment, especially in the form of our advocacy work, training materials and compliance assistance. CAAR members can reap all the fantastic benefits from these services, and we’re encouraging you to share this with your peers and colleagues.
CAAR is pleased to launch the Refer a Retailer campaign in support of expanding CAAR’s retail membership and continuing to provide the many services and programs we exclusively offer as the only national agri-retail association. Please turn to page 19 to learn more about how you can give us a hand, and we’ll give you a grand!
All the best this season,
- Never Stop Learning This May, I’ll celebrate a decade of working with CAAR, and with that also a decade of working in the agriculture industry. There are so many things that inspire me in this industry, but none more than the shared com...
- Turning the Spotlight onto CAAR As I’ve often heard said in our industry; it’s not enough to do a good job, you have to be seen doing a good job for it to really count. As a member-based association and advocate for the agri-retail sector, it’s par...
- Connecting with CAAR’s Network The value of Canada’s agri-retailers has never been more evident. It’s truly an exciting time to be a part of this industry and all of us at CAAR are looking forward to what the new year will bring. The value of C...
- Building Strength Through Collaboration I am a collaborative person by nature, so it goes without saying that I am thrilled to see this issue of The Communicator profile a series of partnerships that have found strength through collaboration. I’m inspired ...
- Celebrating the Business of Agri-Retail In this issue of The Communicator, we examine the business practices of Canada’s agri-retailers and the latest and greatest technology. Our team had a blast learning how this new technology can be implemented at the ...