Canada’s agri-retailers are amazing, and we want to make sure all of us at CAAR are shouting that from the rooftops every chance we get. We dedicated the 2017 CAAR Conference to enhancing the expertise of agri-retailers; empowering them to continue building trust with their farmer clients.
You can read all about the conference here. If you weren’t there, you missed out on a phenomenal speaker program as well as innovative, engaging and enthusiastic exhibitors.
But the highlight for me, as always, was the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet.
This year marked the 10th anniversary of the CAAR’s Choice Awards. Agri-retailers fill a critical space in the agriculture value chain and are so rarely recognized for their hard work, efforts and dedication. That’s why it is so gratifying to profile each of the five CAAR’s Choice Awards winners in this issue of the magazine, in addition to sharing the winners of ADAMA’s Thank-A-Retailer community contest. Within the pages of this issue, you will read about exceptional agri-retailers who are being celebrated for their contributions to the industry and their communities. We’re proud to share their exciting achievements, and I sincerely hope this inspires other CAAR member companies to share their stories as well.
Nominations for the 2018 CAAR’s Choice Awards are already being accepted — we can’t wait to hear about your business and help tell your story.
CAAR wants to ensure continued excellence in the agri-retail industry, and to do that we need your help! To continue advocating for, supporting and awarding Canada’s agri-retailers, we need to grow our network and connect with all of them — and that’s exactly what we’re going to do.
A membership with CAAR is full of value and offers a powerful return on investment, especially in the form of our advocacy work, training materials and compliance assistance. CAAR members can reap all the fantastic benefits from these services, and we’re encouraging you to share this with your peers and colleagues.
CAAR is pleased to launch the Refer a Retailer campaign in support of expanding CAAR’s retail membership and continuing to provide the many services and programs we exclusively offer as the only national agri-retail association. Please turn to page 19 to learn more about how you can give us a hand, and we’ll give you a grand!
All the best this season,
- Forward Thinking With many agriculture events and meetings being cancelled this spring with the growing spread of the COVID-19 virus, CAAR was lucky enough to have had the 2020 CAAR Conference wrapped up before much of the world put ...
- Nurture Minds for New Solutions Of all the stories we get to tell in this magazine, some of my favourites are those that appear in our sustainability department. These articles tend to deal with topics that take place at the intersection of advance...
- The Constancy of Change In April of 1997 a young writer, fresh out of college, started on the first phase of his career at a publisher working on ag magazines. That writer was me, and the first magazine I was assigned to work on was The Com...
- Innovation, Evolution and Change If there was one thing that stood out during the creation of this magazine, it was that significant changes are currently underway across agriculture and ag retail. Both feature stories in this issue have themes of i...
- Invaluable Conversations Every year, I come away from the CAAR Conference with my head spinning. It takes a bit of time to process all of the information, all of the implications and simply take a breath after the fast pace of the event. ...