Now in its 24th year, the CAAR Conference is the leading business conference for ag retailers, designed to bring the ag retail industry together. Hosted at the RBC Convention Centre and Delta Hotels Winnipeg from Feb. 12–14, 2019, the CAAR Conference will focus on strengthening your business by sharing industry updates, providing valuable learning and networking opportunities and supporting the association. We can’t wait to see you there.
New in 2019!
Building a Speaker Program
We are currently working on bringing you a first-rate lineup of speakers for the 2019 CAAR Conference. The speaker program is still being finalized, but you can rest assured that we are building a program that will educate, enlighten and entertain you. Check caar.org regularly for agenda announcements.
One of the key reasons people attend the CAAR Conference is to build their professional network. Next year’s event offers multiple avenues to do so, including Tuesday’s icebreaker cocktail reception and open industry evening for attendees to book their own meetings and dinners. In addition, several networking breaks during the program offer valuable time for either casual meet and greets or formal meetings. To help facilitate planning those meetings, the attendee list will be available ahead of the event.
Delegate Registration Opens Oct. 15, 2018
Did you know that by registering early you help CAAR plan a more successful event? Knowing early how many individuals will attend helps to promote the event amongst the industry; enticing more attendees, exhibitors and sponsors. This helps CAAR keep expenses low while crafting a world-class event for Canada’s ag retailers.
Introducing the 2019 CAAR Conference Planning Committee
It takes a lot of planning to pull together an event like the CAAR Conference. Every detail, from the tradeshow floor layout and speaker program to networking events and entertainment is carefully considered by a dedicated group of members who share the CAAR team’s vision of a successful event. We’d like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and thank our committee members for their contributions, suggestions and ongoing support. This event would not be possible without them!
Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services: Conference chair
Scott Duesing, CF Industries: Conference co-chair
Chad Bodnarchuk, AgStep
Robbie Forrest, GDT AgServices Ltd.
Terry Friesen, Meridan Manufacturing Ltd.
Pattie Ganske, retired
John Gibson, Albaugh ULC
Brian Gross, United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited
Andrew Kolbeck, CMI Ltd.
Troy LaForge, Rack Petroleum
Drew Taylor, Yargus Manufacturing
- Get to know fellow CAAR Retailers “Rosenort Agro has been a member of CAAR since pretty well the beginning of CAAR,” says Denis Benjamin, General Manager, Rosenort Agro. Rosenort Agro was started by Levi Brandt in the late 1940s as a fuel and oil com...
- Continued Evolution of Canadian Agribusiness and Associations The business environment is changing for Canadian agribusiness, and so too membership associations are being driven to change to accommodate members. Agribusinesses are increasingly beginning to scrutinize which asso...
- Selling Today involves understanding the Evolving Customer Journey Dr. Scott Downey, Director of the Centre for Food and Agricultural Business at Purdue University, coordinates Purdue’s sales and marketing degree program. Downey recently spoke about how selling is evolving, how b...
- Last Chance to Watch Speaker Sessions from the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Don’t forget your CAAR Conference registration provides you even more value by giving you the opportunity to rewatch all 23 speaker sessions, download the contacts you made during the event and earn up to 9.5 CCA cre...
- CAAR Conference: Educate. Engage. Evolve Our virtual event is an interactive, online experience, providing ag retailers with an opportunity to educate themselves through informative sessions and group discussions, engage with exhibitors and other attendees ...