Now in its 24th year, the CAAR Conference is the leading business conference for ag retailers, designed to bring the ag retail industry together. Hosted at the RBC Convention Centre and Delta Hotels Winnipeg from Feb. 12–14, 2019, the CAAR Conference will focus on strengthening your business by sharing industry updates, providing valuable learning and networking opportunities and supporting the association. We can’t wait to see you there.
New in 2019!
Building a Speaker Program
We are currently working on bringing you a first-rate lineup of speakers for the 2019 CAAR Conference. The speaker program is still being finalized, but you can rest assured that we are building a program that will educate, enlighten and entertain you. Check caar.org regularly for agenda announcements.
One of the key reasons people attend the CAAR Conference is to build their professional network. Next year’s event offers multiple avenues to do so, including Tuesday’s icebreaker cocktail reception and open industry evening for attendees to book their own meetings and dinners. In addition, several networking breaks during the program offer valuable time for either casual meet and greets or formal meetings. To help facilitate planning those meetings, the attendee list will be available ahead of the event.
Delegate Registration Opens Oct. 15, 2018
Did you know that by registering early you help CAAR plan a more successful event? Knowing early how many individuals will attend helps to promote the event amongst the industry; enticing more attendees, exhibitors and sponsors. This helps CAAR keep expenses low while crafting a world-class event for Canada’s ag retailers.
Introducing the 2019 CAAR Conference Planning Committee
It takes a lot of planning to pull together an event like the CAAR Conference. Every detail, from the tradeshow floor layout and speaker program to networking events and entertainment is carefully considered by a dedicated group of members who share the CAAR team’s vision of a successful event. We’d like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and thank our committee members for their contributions, suggestions and ongoing support. This event would not be possible without them!
Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services: Conference chair
Scott Duesing, CF Industries: Conference co-chair
Chad Bodnarchuk, AgStep
Robbie Forrest, GDT AgServices Ltd.
Terry Friesen, Meridan Manufacturing Ltd.
Pattie Ganske, retired
John Gibson, Albaugh ULC
Brian Gross, United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited
Andrew Kolbeck, CMI Ltd.
Troy LaForge, Rack Petroleum
Drew Taylor, Yargus Manufacturing
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (Oct. – Dec. 2020) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from October to December 2020. MEMBERSHIP CAAR ...
- Agriculture in 2021: Trends and Insights The pandemic has caused changes in the farmer psyche and the dynamic over the last 6 months. Agriculture in 2021 has become more unpredictable than ever. With newer innovations, government regulations and increased ...
- Evolution of CAAR. Your Participation is Required. The past 3 months have been exceptionally busy months for the CAAR organization. We continue to evolve, and Members will begin to experience the changes in 2021. Many issues of 2020 carried over into 2021, including ...
- Engaging Our Employees Rob McIntyre with Dale Carnegie Training demonstrated the tools that can be used to take control of personal attitudes, build relationships, and enhance communication skills which will ultimately enhance leadership s...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Stu Rasmussen & Stewart Whillans The CAAR Communicator recently sat down with Stu Rasmussen with Blair’s Family of Companies and Stewart Whillans with J.R. Simplot to learn about their careers in the agriculture industry as well as their journey and...