Celebrating 25 years of bringing CAAR members together!
Canadian agriculture has seen tremendous evolution and change over the past quarter century, and CAAR members have been there every step of the way; helping their grower customers to understand and apply innovations. Recognizing the role that retailers play in the increasingly sophisticated world of ag, the theme of CAAR’s 25th anniversary conference is “Embracing Innovation.” We can’t wait to bring together ag retailers, exhibitors and innovators from across the industry to celebrate how far we’ve come and where we’re going.
Running Back to Saskatoon
The 2020 CAAR Conference brings us back to the heart of the Prairies for two and a half action-packed days in Saskatoon, Sask., the site of some of our more memorable events. Please join us to network, learn and celebrate the 25th anniversary of the conference at TCU Place, February 11–13, 2020. Watch for accommodation information in The CAAR Network and here.
Introducing the 2020 CAAR Conference Planning Committee
It takes months to pull together an event of this size. From choosing speakers to planning networking events, the conference planning committee is making sure that every detail is considered. Although we’re still several months out from Conference, CAAR would like to take this opportunity to thank the committee members for the commitment and passion they bring to the table in the planning of this event.
- Taylor Olsen (Committee Chair) – Olds Fertilizer & Agriculture Services
- Patti Ganske – retired
- Cassandra Morari – Rack Petroleum Ltd.
- Claudine Oliver – Sharpe’s Crop Services
- John Gibson – Albaugh, LLC
- Catharine Douglas – Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
- Terra Friesen – Meridian Manufacturing Inc.
Delegate Registration Opens Oct. 14, 2019
Mark October 14 on your calendar and register early for the 2020 event. Registering early guarantees your spot and helps CAAR to plan an agenda that offers unbeatable value to attendees. Watch here and The CAAR Network for more details about conference registration.
As a new member to CAAR, it was refreshing to see the passion about our industry shown by the members in attendance. CAAR is helping to mold the future of the ag industry from grass roots levels to the federal government level.
25th Anniversary Gallery – Call for Photos
Celebrating a milestone like a silver anniversary gives us the opportunity to look back and reflect on the major changes that have shaped our industry, and we want to see how your business has changed since the first CAAR Conference was held.
In the months leading up to conference, CAAR will be looking for photos that fit the theme of “Embracing Innovation” and/or show the evolution of ag retail in Canada. Get ready to search your archives – submission details are coming soon!
Don’t Miss Out!
Whether you are a conference regular or you’ve yet to join us, don’t miss out on the ag retail event of the year and your chance to celebrate the important role that retailers play by encouraging, advancing and embracing innovation!
- Empowering Farmers to Build Public Trust Retailers are finding new ways to help farmers share their story. According to research done in 2019 by the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity (CCFI), public trust in Canada’s food supply is dropping and, if we wa...
- Save the Date for the 2021 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars and make plans to join us Feb. 9-11, 2021 for two and a half days of networking, education and professional development in the “City of Champions” – Edmonton, Alberta. Now in its 26th year, the...
- Congratulations to This Year's CAAR's Choice Award Winners The best-of-the-best in ag retail were celebrated at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet during the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Keep reading to see who took home the top honours. This year, the following...
- Reminder to Fill Out Your CAAR Conference Survey Calling all 2020 CAAR Conference delegates: remember to provide your feedback on the event for your chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. Check your email inbox for a link to fill out CAAR’s Post-Conference Survey. Don...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap The first full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference was packed with conversation, information and celebration. Here are your Day Two highlights: Roundtable Discussions Wednesday got off to a roaring start with structu...