Changes for the Safety & the Farmer Course
The Safety & the Farmer course is hosted by Fertilizer Canada as of October 1, 2021. You can access the course online to renew or obtain your TDG certifi-cation.
For those who registered before October 1, 2021, you will be able to access your profile for one full year after the date of issuance. Physical certificates for in-person training remain unchanged and can be ordered at caar.org.
Be A Conference Sponsor
CAAR Conference sponsorship opportunities are designed for you to connect with the agriculture industry and bring maximum exposure to your brand. To become a sponsor, please contact Mitch Rezansoff at 204-989-9303.
Auction Donation Request
The Pro-Ag Investments Auction contributes up to 10 percent of CAAR’s annual revenue. Proceeds from the auction directly support CAAR’s advocacy activities, industry initiatives, agricultural scholarships, upgrades to existing programs and services and the development of new ones. Fifty percent of the suggested retail price of your auction donation counts towards sponsorship recognition and increases your company’s benefits and exposure. For more information, please contact Mitch Rezansoff at 204-989-9303.
Be A Conference Exhibitor
Don’t miss the opportunity to promote your programs, products and solutions to existing and potential customers in attendance at the 2022 CAAR Conference. Book a booth today to take advantage of the networking and sales opportunities on the tradeshow floor. Please contact Mitch Rezansoff at 204-989-9303 for more information and to secure a spot for your company or organization. Space is limited so don’t delay.
Director Nominations Now Open
CAAR is now accepting nominations for its 2022-23 board of directors, who will be confirmed during the AGM. Lending your time and expertise to the CAAR Board of Directors allows you to have an active and rewarding role in shaping your industry. Please contact Mitch Rezansoff at 204-989-9303 for more information or to nominate yourself or a colleague.
Annual General Meeting Update
To give delegates the best opportunity to attend the 2022 CAAR AGM, the meeting will be incorporated into the lunch break on Wednesday, Feb. 9th at the 2022 CAAR Conference. The AGM will take place in the main conference room, allowing conference attendees to eat their lunch while getting important association information. An agenda and supporting documents will be made available at the meeting. Members who are not able to attend the 2022 CAAR Conference in Edmonton can view the AGM in real time as it will be streamed on-line. Watch your email inbox and caar.org for more information on the AGM and how to view it remotely, if required.
CAAR Perks Partner
CAAR members have exclusive access to discounted products and services that can save you hundreds or even thousands every year, including exclusive access to programs not widely available, like affordable health and pension benefits for your staff through Group Benefits Consulting of Canada. For more information, please visit caar.org/resources/caar-perk. If you have any suggestions re: who/what you would like to see added as a Perk Partner, please let us know and we will explore opportunities out there.
- Anhydrous Ammonia safety - A top priority after harvest Safety experts emphasize the importance of prioritizing safety when using anhydrous ammonia (NH3) after harvest to avoid accidents and ensure a secure farming environment. As the post-harvest season approaches, f...
- October 2023 issue of CAAR Communicator now available online The October issue of CAAR Communicator should have arrived on your desk by now. The feature article looks at the art and science of moving Canada's grains to international customers -- including a look at the distrac...
- Moving Canada’s grain CN and CPKC railroads detail their plans to provide Canada’s agricultural communities with the best possible service. But a port strike and continued episodes of wet weather can derail those plans. CN and CPKC rai...
- Innovation drives improved sustainability A comparison of Canadian versus European approaches. Canadian agriculture has embraced innovative technologies and products, something that has been achieved through an efficient regulatory framework and widespread a...
- Agriculture commodity markets in 2023 and beyond A primer on navigating the complex terrain of agriculture commodity markets. Learn how to balance leadership and personal relationships while navigating management in various situations. By Colin McNaughton and...