Tuesday, Feb. 13 | 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Once again, the CAAR Conference coincides with Canada’s Agriculture Day, created last year by Agriculture More Than Ever to highlight the ag industry and strengthen connections between consumers and the food production chain. Join us at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception to kick off the conference and raise a glass to celebrate agriculture in Canada – and we have a lot to celebrate!
- Agriculture employs more than 2 million Canadians; 1 in 8 Canadian jobs are in agriculture or agri-food;
- Agriculture contributes over $100 billion to Canada’s GDP annually;
- Canada is the fifth-largest ag exporter in the world and ranks first in global food safety.
Join the Thunderclap
Show your love for Canadian ag on social media! We’re stronger when we speak together, and supporting Canada’s Ag Day through the “Thunderclap” helps us do exactly that.
By signing up for the Thunderclap, a pre-written message from Agriculture More Than Ever will be shared from your chosen social media account at 8:30 am CST on February 13. Sharing the message in unison will make a big impact, and once you sign up, it’s effortless on your part! Sign up for the Thunderclap and learn more about Canada’s Agriculture Day at agriculturemorethanever.ca/cdn-ag-day.
Keep the conversation going using the hashtag #CdnAgDay throughout the day in your social media posts to celebrate our industry.
Get Social At the 2018 CAAR Conference!
Five reasons to be social on social media at the CAAR Conference:
- Get a head start! Use and follow the #CAARcon hashtag to introduce yourself, share what you are looking forward to and be a part of the pre-conference conversation.
- Connect faster! Find people with common interests and views, helping you break the ice with new contacts at conference events and on the tradeshow floor.
- Share your experience! Tell your colleagues and customers that you are attending the CAAR Conference. Your participation at industry events lets others know that you care about your industry and your business.
- Get the most out of your conference experience! Take and share notes and pictures of the things that pique your interest. Chances are, someone else will find them interesting, too.
- Stay in touch! You’ve made new connections - now keep them! Social media is a great way to grow your network, promote your business and develop peer relationships. (And have fun!)
Be sure to use the official conference hashtag #CAARcon to be a part of the conversation.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARCon
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2018
Conference Wi-Fi Sponsored by Hi Tech Installations
- A New Way To Reduce Nutrient Loss & Increase Fertilizer Efficiency New nitrogen fertilizer technologies promise to reduce environmental nutrient impact and GHG emissions, increase crop yield, and cost up to half of current costs. There’s fertilizer, and then there’s Enhanced Effi...
- CAAR Announces MRL Panel Members for 2022 Virtual Conference Terri Stewart, Executive Director, Chemistry for CropLife Canada, will join Gord Kurbis, Vice President of Trade Policy and Crop Protection at the Canada Grains Council on the MRL Panel at the 2022 Virtual CAAR Confe...
- CAAR News New Perk$ Partner – LeftField Commodity Research Inc. LeftField conducts market analysis on 16 Canadian grains, oilseeds and special crops as well as subclasses of crops on a weekly basis. Three comprehensive week...
- Understanding Generation Z in the Workplace How to meet Gen Z’s workplace expectations—because it’s not only about you. Just a couple years ago, the workplace saw a massive surge in the number of Millennial employees joining the workforce—individuals born b...
- Great line up of speakers for 2022 CAAR Conference As per the recent announcements, the 2022 CAAR conference is going virtual and will be held Feb 9 and 10, 2022, the CAAR Conference Committee has put together a great line-up of speakers. The conference will feat...