Tuesday, Feb. 13 | 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Once again, the CAAR Conference coincides with Canada’s Agriculture Day, created last year by Agriculture More Than Ever to highlight the ag industry and strengthen connections between consumers and the food production chain. Join us at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception to kick off the conference and raise a glass to celebrate agriculture in Canada – and we have a lot to celebrate!
- Agriculture employs more than 2 million Canadians; 1 in 8 Canadian jobs are in agriculture or agri-food;
- Agriculture contributes over $100 billion to Canada’s GDP annually;
- Canada is the fifth-largest ag exporter in the world and ranks first in global food safety.
Join the Thunderclap
Show your love for Canadian ag on social media! We’re stronger when we speak together, and supporting Canada’s Ag Day through the “Thunderclap” helps us do exactly that.
By signing up for the Thunderclap, a pre-written message from Agriculture More Than Ever will be shared from your chosen social media account at 8:30 am CST on February 13. Sharing the message in unison will make a big impact, and once you sign up, it’s effortless on your part! Sign up for the Thunderclap and learn more about Canada’s Agriculture Day at agriculturemorethanever.ca/cdn-ag-day.
Keep the conversation going using the hashtag #CdnAgDay throughout the day in your social media posts to celebrate our industry.
Get Social At the 2018 CAAR Conference!
Five reasons to be social on social media at the CAAR Conference:
- Get a head start! Use and follow the #CAARcon hashtag to introduce yourself, share what you are looking forward to and be a part of the pre-conference conversation.
- Connect faster! Find people with common interests and views, helping you break the ice with new contacts at conference events and on the tradeshow floor.
- Share your experience! Tell your colleagues and customers that you are attending the CAAR Conference. Your participation at industry events lets others know that you care about your industry and your business.
- Get the most out of your conference experience! Take and share notes and pictures of the things that pique your interest. Chances are, someone else will find them interesting, too.
- Stay in touch! You’ve made new connections - now keep them! Social media is a great way to grow your network, promote your business and develop peer relationships. (And have fun!)
Be sure to use the official conference hashtag #CAARcon to be a part of the conversation.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARCon
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2018
Conference Wi-Fi Sponsored by Hi Tech Installations
- Reconciling the Barton Report with Recent Proposed Policy Changes Dr. Stuart Smyth said that environmental sustainability is more important than economic sustainability By Dr. Stuart Smyth, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Saskatchewan At the 202...
- It’s raining success! Learn who took home awards presented at the 2023 CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. Agronomist of the Year – sponsored by BASF Winner: Rahul Patel of Pioneer Cooperative Unlimited Association The 2022 Agronomist of ...
- Strategies to support your intern Are you considering a summer intern? Do you already have one lined up? By AgCareers.com Are you considering a summer intern? Do you already have one lined up? A summer internship is a professional learning exper...
- 2024 CAAR Conference This is the official page of the 2024 CAAR Conference! We are working on something exciting. More information will be available soon, so watch for updates. Sincerely, The CAAR Team...
- Thanks for attending! 2023 CAAR Conference in Edmonton a success. After another successful CAAR Conference, we wanted to thank everyone who attended, provided auction donations, and helped sponsor the event. 2023 CAAR Conference, Chal...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.