Tuesday, Feb. 13 | 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Once again, the CAAR Conference coincides with Canada’s Agriculture Day, created last year by Agriculture More Than Ever to highlight the ag industry and strengthen connections between consumers and the food production chain. Join us at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception to kick off the conference and raise a glass to celebrate agriculture in Canada – and we have a lot to celebrate!
- Agriculture employs more than 2 million Canadians; 1 in 8 Canadian jobs are in agriculture or agri-food;
- Agriculture contributes over $100 billion to Canada’s GDP annually;
- Canada is the fifth-largest ag exporter in the world and ranks first in global food safety.
Join the Thunderclap
Show your love for Canadian ag on social media! We’re stronger when we speak together, and supporting Canada’s Ag Day through the “Thunderclap” helps us do exactly that.
By signing up for the Thunderclap, a pre-written message from Agriculture More Than Ever will be shared from your chosen social media account at 8:30 am CST on February 13. Sharing the message in unison will make a big impact, and once you sign up, it’s effortless on your part! Sign up for the Thunderclap and learn more about Canada’s Agriculture Day at agriculturemorethanever.ca/cdn-ag-day.
Keep the conversation going using the hashtag #CdnAgDay throughout the day in your social media posts to celebrate our industry.
Get Social At the 2018 CAAR Conference!
Five reasons to be social on social media at the CAAR Conference:
- Get a head start! Use and follow the #CAARcon hashtag to introduce yourself, share what you are looking forward to and be a part of the pre-conference conversation.
- Connect faster! Find people with common interests and views, helping you break the ice with new contacts at conference events and on the tradeshow floor.
- Share your experience! Tell your colleagues and customers that you are attending the CAAR Conference. Your participation at industry events lets others know that you care about your industry and your business.
- Get the most out of your conference experience! Take and share notes and pictures of the things that pique your interest. Chances are, someone else will find them interesting, too.
- Stay in touch! You’ve made new connections - now keep them! Social media is a great way to grow your network, promote your business and develop peer relationships. (And have fun!)
Be sure to use the official conference hashtag #CAARcon to be a part of the conversation.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARCon
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2018
Conference Wi-Fi Sponsored by Hi Tech Installations
- Going Omni-Channel Omni-channel business tactics are increasingly prevalent in ag retail. Ag retailers, along with suppliers and co-operative partners are increasingly using digital platforms to do business with farm customers. Usin...
- Connecting the Ag Retail Industry The 2021 CAAR Conference will focus on the business of ag retail and connecting the agriculture retail industry. Hosted from February 9 - 11, 2021 at the Westin Edmonton and Fairmont Hotel Macdonald in Edmonton, AB, ...
- Connect with the Ag Retail Industry Through Conference Sponsorship Connect with the agriculture industry to promote your company’s products and services and bring maximum exposure to your brand by being a sponsor of the 2021 CAAR Conference. Continue reading for more information on ...
- Save the Date for the 2021 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars and make plans to join us Feb. 9-11, 2021 for two and a half days of networking, education and professional development in the “City of Champions” – Edmonton, Alberta. Now in its 26th year, the...
- CAAR Congratulates the 2020 Conference Survey Winners Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the conference survey. Your feedback on the 2020 CAAR Conference will help us improve future events, including the 2021 CAAR Conference in Edmonton, AB. Everyone wh...