Diving headfirst into producing the February issue of The Communicator after a holiday break is the perfect project to kick off the new year. Maybe it's the chill in the air, but I feel energized and eager to get to work on the five issues of the magazine we publish each year.
This issue marks not only the outset of my third year of writing for The Communicator, but more broadly, the start of my third year of working together with the CAAR team.
Just like people make New Year’s resolutions to guide them for another journey around the sun, CAAR has set down a strategic plan for the association to shape its priorities in 2019 and future years and navigate the necessary course to achieve its long-term goals.
It is an exciting time for the association, and I am greatly looking forward to working with the CAAR team to share news and updates with members about the numerous planned endeavors and partnerships through The Communicator and online in the coming year.
You will find more information about some of these topics within the pages of this issue. Our annual Year in Review and Year in Preview feature stories give an exclusive first look at the process and results of CAAR’s strategic planning session in 2018 along with upcoming 2019 announcements and longer-term goals CAAR will work toward over the course of the next three-to-five years.
The February issue is also special, being the last issue we publish before the annual CAAR Conference. Working on our Conference Preview story, I always enjoy corresponding with attendees, exhibitors, sponsors and speakers to learn what they want to take away from the event, and what they plan to bring to the table.
After working on multiple stories about the conference, actually attending it is always a major highlight for me. At every CAAR Conference I attend, I relish the opportunity to soak up speaker sessions and to meet with so many interesting new people, many of whom I have spoken to for
The Communicator, but have not yet had the opportunity to meet. All of this makes me feel more immersed and invested in this industry, and excited to keep working to help tell your stories.
Big things are on the horizon, and I look forward to taking the journey with CAAR’s staff, board and all of you.
- The CAAR Communicator's December 2020 Issue is Now Available The December 2020 issue of The CAAR Communicator magazine is now available in print, online and PDF format. Read about the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, ways to differentiate your ag retail business, how Agro.Club Ca...
- The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference: Educate. Engage. Evolve. The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference focuses on the business of ag retail and connecting the agriculture industry. With attendee passes starting at $125, register today for the virtual event hosted from February 9-11, 20...
- The CAAR Communicator is Now Available in Digital Format The August CAAR Communicator is now available to access in digital format for the first time, making it convenient and easy to read on any device whenever and wherever you are. This August issue features articles ...
- The Communicator's April 2020 Issue is now available The April 2020 issue of The Communicator magazine is arriving in print edition and online. This issue contains profile stories on each of the CAAR Choice Awards winners, who were honored for their achievements at the...
- The December Communicator is Here The December Communicator is here – check your mailbox or read online at caar.org/the-communicator. The final issue of 2019 is packed with valuable information and expert insight to take your retail into the next dec...