CAAR’s 2016 Honour Roll showcases some of the best in agri-retail customer service and commitment.
The CAAR’s Choice Awards, presented during the annual CAAR Conference, are given to CAAR members who have shown exceptional dedication to their customers, employees and the agri-retail industry during the past year. Put forth by their industry peers, the nominees embody the passion and talent found in the Canadian agri-retail sector.
This year’s winners are examples of what can be achieved when you go the extra mile in the pursuit of agronomy best practices, customer service, environmental stewardship, and furthering initiatives that benefit the industry as a whole.
The Communicator talked with each of the award recipients to find out how the qualities that garnered them these awards are being put to use in their business every day.
Agri-Retailer of the Year: McEwen's Fuels and Fertilizers
Award sponsored by Bayer CropScience Inc.
Agronomist of the Year: Troy LaForge of Rack Petroleum
Award sponsored by J.R. Simplot Agribusiness
4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer: Richardson Pioneer
Award sponsored by Fertilizer Canada
Agri-Retailer Hall of Fame: Dave Wendland
Chairman's Award: Al Raine
Click here to see past CAAR's Choice Award winners.
The deserving winners of this year’s CAAR’s Choice Awards each received a complimentary trip to the 2016 CAAR Conference to accept their award, in addition to a prize valued at $1,000.
However, the association’s newest way to honour and recognize the winners will be showcased on CAAR’s new communications channel: Produce and Protect.
Their individual stories of dedication to customer service and agriculture will be shared with producers nationwide, allowing other sectors an exclusive glimpse at some of the best and brightest faces in Canadian agri-retail today.
Look for their stories under “Canada’s Agri-Retailers” at ProduceAndProtect.com.
- Industry Trends Canadian fertilizer shipments and farm operations expenses continue to grow year over year. Fertilizer shipments to Canadian agriculture markets, by nutrient content and fertilizer year, cumulative data. Fertilize...
- Fitting Foliars into the 4Rs Choosing the right source, at the right rate, at the right time and in the right place works well in traditional soil fertilizer application, but can the principles of the 4R Nutrient Stewardship program be applied t...
- Tours and Tradeshows Take Virtual Format In the summer of 2019, sales reps, retailers and farmers gathered at demonstration plots across the country, taking advantage of the opportunity to see in person how crop inputs work in the field and to build relatio...
- Empowering Farmers to Build Public Trust Retailers are finding new ways to help farmers share their story. According to research done in 2019 by the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity (CCFI), public trust in Canada’s food supply is dropping and, if we wa...
- Going Omni-Channel Omni-channel business tactics are increasingly prevalent in ag retail. Ag retailers, along with suppliers and co-operative partners are increasingly using digital platforms to do business with farm customers. Usin...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.