The CAAR Conference planning committee is hard at work and is pleased to share some key announcements about the upcoming agri-retail event of the year!
Just Announced: 2019 CAAR Conference Speaker Lineup
A highlight of every CAAR Conference, the speaker program always earns rave reviews and this year is sure to be no exception. CAAR is pleased to feature:
- Lesley Kelly, Do More Ag Foundation, for a discussion about mental health in agriculture and how changing your mindset and starting conversations can positively impact yourself, your customers, your staff and your community.
- Graham Sherman, Tool Shed Brewing Company, nominated as Canadian Entrepreneur of the year, Sherman is sure to motivate and inspire. Speaking on what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, Graham’s passion comes through in every talk.
- James Cunningham, equal parts comedian and foodie, will serve up a healthy dose of laugher when he takes the stage as the evening’s entertainment following the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet.
- BASF Canada, Bayer, Corteva AgriScience, Nutrien and Syngenta Canada, for a Mergers and Acquisitions panel discussion that will shine a spotlight on the changing corporate landscape in agriculture and seek to answer questions on how ag retails will be affected.
- Meyers Norris Penny (MNP), to share insight to help you ensure that your lender understands your business needs.
- Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, ‘The Food Professor,’ will close the conference with a keynote address focusing on business management.
Note: this is a preliminary agenda and is subject to change. For up-to-date agenda information, please check out the registration guide or visit caar.org/caar-conference.
Applications Now Open for CAAR’s Choice Awards
Celebrate the achievements of your industry peers at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. Now in its 12th year, the awards dinner recognizes the accomplishments of some of the best and brightest in the ag retail sector. Nominate yourself, a colleague or a client in the following categories:
- Retailer of the Year
Sponsored by Bayer CropScience Inc.
- Retailer Hall of Fame
Sponsored by Univar Canada
- Agronomist of the Year
Sponsored by J.R. Simplot AgriBusiness
- 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer
Sponsored by Fertilizer Canada
The excitement is building for CAAR’s newest networking event: moderated roundtable discussions. These thought-provoking sessions will bring registrants together to discuss key issues affecting agriculture today. Gain insight into different aspects of the business and promote a spirit of community. There are limited spaces available, so register early for your preferred session as they are sure to hit capacity quickly.
Reserve your spot when registration opens on Oct. 15!
For full conference details check out the registration guide included with this magazine or visit caar.org/caar-conference for the most up-to-date information.
Register Early and Save!
CAAR is pleased to offer an incentive to all of you early birds out there. We are offering early bird pricing on retailer and supplier passes if you register by Dec. 1. CAAR is also offering bonus weekly prize draws, sponsored by FWS Group of Companies. Register between Oct. 15 and Dec. 21 for a chance to win one of 10 $100 VISA gift cards! Full details at caar.org/caar-conference.
Reminder: Conference Registration Opens Oct. 15, 2018!
- CAAR Communicator: Alarm Bells are Ringing An announcement by the Government of Canada of a delay in changing glyphosate MRLs and its new financial investment in PMRA has the agricultural community worried of a new slippery slope—politics. There’s somethin...
- The New Clean Fuel Standard - How does it impact agriculture? Soon to be part of our landscape to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the Canadian Fuel Standard will affect every Canadian on the grid. CAAR provides information on how it came to be, and how it will work. It’s co...
- It is Time to Stop the Fear Mongering Growing with marketing campaigns of agriculture food products in Canada and internationally is the increased utilization of fear as a marketing weapon. Statements of non-GMO, grass fed only, organic and antibiotic-fr...
- Employee Recognition: The why, how and importance! Lack of recognition is one of the major reasons why employees quit. Employee recognition may become even more critical with the rise of teleworking. According to Statistics Canada, teleworking has changed best pra...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Blaine Cochrane CAAR Communicator chatted with Blaine Cochrane, Sales Manager with Shur-Gro Farm Services in Brandon, Manitoba to learn about the person and career, his leadership within the ag retail sector, and why he decided to b...