The CAAR Conference planning committee is hard at work and is pleased to share some key announcements about the upcoming agri-retail event of the year!
Just Announced: 2019 CAAR Conference Speaker Lineup
A highlight of every CAAR Conference, the speaker program always earns rave reviews and this year is sure to be no exception. CAAR is pleased to feature:
- Lesley Kelly, Do More Ag Foundation, for a discussion about mental health in agriculture and how changing your mindset and starting conversations can positively impact yourself, your customers, your staff and your community.
- Graham Sherman, Tool Shed Brewing Company, nominated as Canadian Entrepreneur of the year, Sherman is sure to motivate and inspire. Speaking on what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, Graham’s passion comes through in every talk.
- James Cunningham, equal parts comedian and foodie, will serve up a healthy dose of laugher when he takes the stage as the evening’s entertainment following the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet.
- BASF Canada, Bayer, Corteva AgriScience, Nutrien and Syngenta Canada, for a Mergers and Acquisitions panel discussion that will shine a spotlight on the changing corporate landscape in agriculture and seek to answer questions on how ag retails will be affected.
- Meyers Norris Penny (MNP), to share insight to help you ensure that your lender understands your business needs.
- Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, ‘The Food Professor,’ will close the conference with a keynote address focusing on business management.
Note: this is a preliminary agenda and is subject to change. For up-to-date agenda information, please check out the registration guide or visit caar.org/caar-conference.
Applications Now Open for CAAR’s Choice Awards
Celebrate the achievements of your industry peers at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. Now in its 12th year, the awards dinner recognizes the accomplishments of some of the best and brightest in the ag retail sector. Nominate yourself, a colleague or a client in the following categories:
- Retailer of the Year
Sponsored by Bayer CropScience Inc.
- Retailer Hall of Fame
Sponsored by Univar Canada
- Agronomist of the Year
Sponsored by J.R. Simplot AgriBusiness
- 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer
Sponsored by Fertilizer Canada
The excitement is building for CAAR’s newest networking event: moderated roundtable discussions. These thought-provoking sessions will bring registrants together to discuss key issues affecting agriculture today. Gain insight into different aspects of the business and promote a spirit of community. There are limited spaces available, so register early for your preferred session as they are sure to hit capacity quickly.
Reserve your spot when registration opens on Oct. 15!
For full conference details check out the registration guide included with this magazine or visit caar.org/caar-conference for the most up-to-date information.
Register Early and Save!
CAAR is pleased to offer an incentive to all of you early birds out there. We are offering early bird pricing on retailer and supplier passes if you register by Dec. 1. CAAR is also offering bonus weekly prize draws, sponsored by FWS Group of Companies. Register between Oct. 15 and Dec. 21 for a chance to win one of 10 $100 VISA gift cards! Full details at caar.org/caar-conference.
Reminder: Conference Registration Opens Oct. 15, 2018!
- Food not feed What we know about the strange “ban” on Lambda-cyhalothrin insecticide. By Andrew Joseph, Editor When is a ban not a ban? When it’s a Canadian decision regarding Lambda-cyhalothrin insecticide. It’s another case...
- Canadian ag labour resolution may have a flaw The interim report developed for the National Workforce Strategic Framework for Agriculture and Food & Beverage Manufacturing is a thing of beauty. But something integral to its success is missing. By Andrew J...
- CAAR Conference Speakers Announced: Johnathan Berkshire Miller CAAR is delighted to announce Johnathan Berkshire Miller will be a keynote speaker at the 2023 CAAR Conference in February. The theme for the 2023 CAAR Conference is Challenges and Opportunities Ahead. Jonathan...
- Growing pains for CN, CP, and Canadian farmers The Canadian National & and Canadian Pacific railroads have each said they are well-positioned to move Canadian ag products during the 2022-23 winter season. So how are they doing? By Andrew Joseph, Editor We...
- 2023 CAAR Conference Registration Now Open Registration for the 2023 CAAR Conference Challenges & Opportunities Ahead! is now open. The in-person 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be held at the Westin Edmonton in Alberta, February 6 to 8, 202...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.